Is Conor diet a "paleo" type of diet? That might explain the fatigue.

Like being hard on your joints, contributing to unnecessary stress through 180 pounding steps a minute? Good call.

You don't run to get better at running, you do it to build a base. Apart from anecdotal evidence, please explain how another form of cardio is inferior based on building up a cardiovascular base.

man, i mean, apart from anecdotal evidence, you mean anecdotal evidence from every fight trainer, ever? i don't really feel that motivated to go over their heads, would you like me to prove that the earth is round instead?

its cute that you see running as a health threat to guys who's job is to snap each others arms and beat each others brains in. i just saw an old dude on holiday running around the rim of the crater at the top of a volcano with his partner, they were both ancient as fuck and their skin was like proper old-people skin, hanging off their legs like paper, they were both clearly well into their 70s. you wanna tell me how conor is too delicate to go running when 70 year olds can run up volcanos? running is like everything else, you have to condition yourself to it progressively and if you find it taxing - might wanna lay off the cocaine and steak, thats all i'm saying

as i understand it there is nothing on the planet that can run as well as humans can. there are people that can run for 24 hours straight, no other animal can perform in running for longer than humans.

I started running 4-5 days a week, both aerobically and in intervals at higher speed months ago.
Now, my sparring cardio is literally the same as before. The one thing that does noticeably help my gas tank is bagwork. Rounds upon rounds of hitting the bag.
Running is a myth. I only do it because I feel good and my leg muscles get slightly stronger.
That's just you dude. My cardio in sparring skyrocketed after I started doing marathons. Only thing that has ever helped me was running and sparring.

You just may not have noticed the diffence or just have an extremely draining style like Conor.

Last edited:
man, i mean, apart from anecdotal evidence, you mean anecdotal evidence from every fight trainer, ever? i don't really feel that motivated to go over their heads, would you like me to prove that the earth is round instead?

its cute that you see running as a health threat to guys who's job is to snap each others arms and beat each others brains in. i just saw an old dude on holiday running around the rim of the crater at the top of a volcano with his partner, they were both ancient as fuck and their skin was like proper old-people skin, hanging off their legs like paper, they were both clearly well into their 70s. you wanna tell me how conor is too delicate to go running when 70 year olds can run up volcanos? running is like everything else, you have to condition yourself to it progressively and if you find it taxing - might wanna lay off the cocaine and steak, thats all i'm saying

as i understand it there is nothing on the planet that can run as well as humans can. there are people that can run for 24 hours straight, no other animal can perform in running for longer than humans.

You obviously don't understand what broscience entails and you have a very limited grasp on reality. Anecdotal evidence is the basis of broscience. You claiming that [insert training myth] is optimal because x, y, and z partake in said activity is not actually proving your point. I'm not going to bother showing you the hundreds of published papers on running injuries, with most figures claiming 70% of runners obtain a running-related injury every year.

The reason for what you're saying is multifold, but the primary reason is because we have some facility over our central governor whereas an animal stops when it is fucking tired. The fact that I've completed multiple 100-mile races doesn't mean that running isn't injury producing. Also, why the fuck does low-aerobic activity (running 100 milers usually keeps the heart rate around 130 unless you are grossly out of shape) translate to mma fitness? The notion is fucking stupid. I don't even think that kind of training is ideal for developing recovery capabilities. You'd be much better suited doing sprint intervals or long-threshold efforts.

Who failed?
The other two I listed have stellar cardio and don’t run for one second.
And yes, science should be paid attention to. Science is the reason today’s boxer would beat the ‘greats’ from a century ago.
Cruz still runs on the treadmill. He just doesnt sprint and put in long miles anymore.

So to answer the question on everyone's mind: Does Conor run? The answer: Yes, in the octagon.

LOL man, they should just bring Nate Diaz in camp to chase Conor around so that he is forced to run.

Conor could try swimming if he’s legit fucked up for running

Swimming is great. But you know what-most elite swimmers also run as part of their training.

That's just you dude. My cardio in sparring skyrocketed after I started doing marathons. Only thing that has ever heloed me was running and sparring.

You just may not have noticed the diffence or just have an extremely draining style like Conor.

maybe thats conor?
<{danawhoah}>

Word of mouth is the definition of broscience. Look up which athletes have the highest VO2 Max numbers in the world. Hint: they aren't runners. Runners, cyclists, rowers, etc. all have comparably high VO2 Max levels, but the world's best is always cross country skiers. Road work is a tested form of cardio because it's accessible and a lot of coaches and athletes used it as a result. Claiming its superiority on any other measures is fucking stupid.

It's not word of mouth, it's the passing of knowledge from generation to generation by people who are provenly successful in their craft.

Like I said, running is also good for conditioning your legs. No one is saying that you shouldn't also do cycling or swimming, but running is essential.

No indeed. You have more energy than ever on Paleo after body adapts, it's just the it's a pain in the ass to stick to but less of an excuse for rich people that can hire a personal chef.

You see all the elites putting in miles of roadwork and to date I've only seen conor run once. Dan Henderson and Vitor Belfort also don't run and look how tired they get.
Dan Henderson is old as hell. He's going to gas no matter what he does and maybe they swim? Seems like Vitor has a habit of blitzing which will gas just about anyone over 25. Old and bad game planning.

Long distance running helps a lot if you have a good level of S&C already and diet, sleep, supplements etc. in order.

If you're in dubious shape and already doing some physical activity, eating like shit and sleeping strange hours, running will cause fatigue and drop your T levels.

It's better to do sprints.

He just has bad cardio, nothing more, nothing less.

If there is a reason for it, it probably has to do with him apparently not running anymore after his knee injury.

anyone can experience the difference of cutting out meat just for one day, its a simple experiment. when i'm doing half marathons i cut out red meat because it just feels like a fucking horrible drain on my system, and its oh-so simple to test this. have red meat one night - run like a :eek::eek::eek: the next day. have something lighter the next night - run like a hero the next day. go for some red meat again - same heavy feeling on my next run. switch out for something lighter - shitty feeling goes away.

if i said drinking bleach gave me diarrhoea, would you say "yeah but you might have just got diarrhoea anyway, you should have kept drinking bleach"

i'm not even vegan but i've thought about trying it to see how it affects my running. have you ever actually experimented with a different diet or were you touched by a vegan as a child?
Maybe you eat more when you eat meat, maybe it's a placebo effect, maybe YOU can't handle meat, but other people can. In any case, even if we grant you that your personal experience is true, it's still nothing more than a single personal experience.

Science > anecdotal evidence.

Back