GSP refused to fight Silva, yet he's considered the GOAT...

Those guys all didn't want to go up in weight.

MM refused to fight a guy who was going to come to his weight class.

You idiot.
And now people are saying Mighty Mouse is ducking because he won't go up in weight to fight TJ.

Have you even read this whole thread, my previous responses will make you shut the fuck up.

Champs and other fighters have been refusing to fight guys because they want more money for a very very long time now. This isn't anything new.

I agree, it's wrong but that's how it works.

What are the examples of champs refusing to fight someone in their own division based on WANTING MORE MONEY ABOVE THEIR CURRENT CONTRACT to fight them?

I am not aware of such a demand.

It makes no sense as what is the contract for other than to fight contenders in your division? I get it entirely if the UFC is asking something other than what should be expected (such as CW) as the UFC is hoping to cash in and therefore I don't blame the fighter for saying 'give me something extra'.

But if the new bar to not fighting someone making weight in your division is simply saying I want $X more to fight him than that is truly ducking.

Imagine if Woodley said going forward I won't fight any top 10 WW unless I get at least $2MM more on top of my contract than I get otherwise. If you wont pay that then I will only fight guys below top 10 to keep building my title defenses record up.

Steroids don't give you striking skills or improve hand/eye coordination you goofy bastard.
they certainly allow you to improve those things by healing old injuries and allowing for faster recovery time and more training and increasing strength and other physical attribute areas.

Striking skills and all areas of athleticism are not just gifts of magic. They are a direct result of athleticism which is a direct result of natural gifts PLUS training things like strength, balance, speed, etc and steroids impact all the latter.

TJ just won 2 weeks ago. What you want Mighty Mouse to fight him next week?

He bitched for a big fight, but the UFC didn't want to pay him for that big fight. You'd be pissed too if you were in that situation.

The fight will happen, just have some fucking patience.

How do you know they didn't want to pay him enough? What's enough money for a midget bum no one cares about? He had a chance to make a name for himself and chose to fight another anonymous name. And who the fuck said they should fight next week? The little mutt hasn't even had the balls to reply to a direct call-out. Pathetic.

..Silva refused to fight Jones, yet he/was considered the GOAT.

...Jones didn't step up to fight Cain, yet he/was considered the GOAT.

...So why is it that when MM refuses to fight TJ because he already had a contract signed to fight Ray Borg and the UFC wasn't willing to pay him more to fight the higher profile TJ, MM is in the wrong and he's ducking?

Besides that, when else has MM refused to fight TJ?

GSP is absolved because Silva is a cheater.

Silva, along with every brasil fighter, except for Big Nog, has been popped for roids and has tainted his legacy, GSP has not, but I dont think he is clean himself

LOL
I disagree.
it is blatant how much you want to dismiss DJ.
1) he does not have to claim any-fucking-thing.
DJ is ALREADY the P4P king.
For you to even try to claim he is not shows the level of blindness you have towards him.

2) It is TJ who has to prove himself. He just got the fucking belt, and you try to claim he is THE one fighter DJ has o beat to justify his whole career?
child please! Learn some logic and common sense, will ya?

3) Last but not least: Stop being a UFC shill.
They are the ones who started this whole crap about DJ. They are bullies, and this is not the first time they use these dirty tactics to force fighters to take the fight they want (for the pay they want).
it is about time you open your eyes and see that they did nothing new here, only you chose to believe in them over DJ which (to me) is pretty dumb.
Is that your way to try make a point? Instead of showing evidence to support your case you insult people? Clearly shows you lack any imagination and intelligence. Have a nice night :)

GSP never picked and chose his fights, and those 3 fighters/7 times are comprised of three current/former champs, and occurred in the space of 5 years in which he also fought 6 other guys. Asshole.
GSP picked Bisping.

Is that your way to try make a point? Instead of showing evidence to support your case you insult people? Clearly shows you lack any imagination and intelligence. Have a nice night :)
what evidence do you need?
I mean do you even have any point, or your whole defense is to demand people to get you "evidence"?

1) Dana lies all the time. this is not news. if you want evidence, you are just too stupid to not know it by now.
2)DJ does not have a reason to lie. If you think he does, then you are the one who needs to provide evidence.

Silva and Jones refuse to fight clean but are considered by some to be the GOAT

GSP didn’t fight Silva.

Silva didn’t fight Jones.

Jones didn’t fight at HW.

Fedor turned down Bob Sapp (true, according to Nog)

Oh, I almost forgot MM refused to accept a fight with TJ, at 125 lbs.

...So why is it that when MM refuses to fight TJ because he already had a contract signed to fight Ray Borg and the UFC wasn't willing to pay him more to fight the higher profile TJ, MM is in the wrong and he's ducking?

TJ was going to meet him in his division. But i don't blame MM for not taking the fight. Now that he beat Silva's title defenses he might be tempted to take more dangerous fights though.

I don't remember either GSP Or Silva refusing to fight someone in their own division, thread is stupid and ignorant about the facts. TJ has repeatedly said that he wants to go to 125

To be fair ... GSP was being asked to move up and fight Silva at a size disadvantage.
Silva was being asked to move up and fight Jones who already makes LHW's look small ... at a size disadvantage.

Mighty Mouse wasn't asked to move up to fight TJ.
TJ said he would come DOWN to MM's division.

Mighty Mouse who prior to this always said "I don't care who I fight" ... now all the sudden cared about who he fought.

Mighty Mouse did in fact duck a worthy opponent in HIS WEIGHT CLASS.

As for money ... I think MM knows damn well he gets paid more than he is worth.

He gets 400-500k show money when he is not a draw at all for the company. So why risk getting that much money potentially losing his title to TJ when he could just keep beating easier opponents and making big money.

DJ at the time already signed a contract to fight Ray Borg

When TJ came along, the UFC wanted to make that fight happen, but they wanted to pay DJ the same amount he would've made to fight Ray Borg, which we can all assume wasn't a lot.

Because of this really bad business deal, DJ refused.

It was all about business, not DJ being "afraid" or trying to duck TJ.

Do not bother idiots with facts.

Honestly, you don't know this. It is impossible to know this. It is just a weak opinion. Many different permutation of the strength of Mighty Johnson opposition are logically possible.

Remember, GSP fought the same 3 fighters 7 times. DC has only fought 4 LHW guys, but because he fought twice against a Monster, his overall record is being greatly exaggerated. A lot of UFC records are not as strong as the way people talk about them.

Mighty Johnson's dominance is making the MMA community dismiss his competition. Sometimes when something is just that good, one other interesting way we can look at it is by saying the competition is just that bad.

Well he asked for it by refusing to fight a worthy opponent in HIS OWN WEIGHT CLASS.

Show me where any of them refused to fight the other

Back