GSP refused to fight Silva, yet he's considered the GOAT...

ThatGuy7698

In USADA We Trust
@Brown
Reaction score
..Silva refused to fight Jones, yet he/was considered the GOAT.

...Jones didn't step up to fight Cain, yet he/was considered the GOAT.

...So why is it that when MM refuses to fight TJ because he already had a contract signed to fight Ray Borg and the UFC wasn't willing to pay him more to fight the higher profile TJ, MM is in the wrong and he's ducking?

Besides that, when else has MM refused to fight TJ?

MM doesn't have to same quality of opposition GSP, Fedor, Jones & Silva had.

Moving up might be the only way to achieve GOAT Status

...So why is it that when MM refuses to fight TJ because he already had a contract signed to fight Ray Borg and the UFC wasn't willing to pay him more to fight the higher profile TJ, MM is in the wrong and he's ducking?

MM did not refuse to fight TJ.
It was a monetary issue.
Besides, TJ was not the champion.
He had nothing to win by beating TJ.

If I were GSP, I wouldn't have wanted to fight prime Anderson either. He was in the matrix.

MM did not refuse to fight TJ.
It was a monetary issue.
Besides, TJ was not the champion.
He had nothing to win by beating TJ.
I agree with you 100%

Try explaining that to MM haters... I'm doing that with one guy right now but he's refusing to acknowledge it.

GSP would probably win, but it was too risky for him. He's way too small for middleweight, even though he beats Silva due to the style matchup.

Also MM is so obviously a fucking joke LOL.

He was a lot smaller then and still is than Silva, but wait a minute I though that was based on skill set not moving up and down in weight classes? I guess DJ is not the GOAT unless he fights Stipe

MMA fans are retarded that's why.

DJ won’t fight TJ until he cleans out the division a few more times

Dude, you had to have been there noob.

Not fighting a certain person doesn't make you not the GOAT, you fucking twat. It what you accomplish that makes you the GOAT, dumbass.

GSP would probably win, but it was too risky for him. He's way too small for middleweight, even though he beats Silva due to the style matchup.
Lot's of contradiction in this statement. Prime Silva would have smoked GSP

Because he's 5'3 and fights @ 125

you cant be an all time great beating up 5'3 men

you just cant

MM doesn't have to same quality of opposition GSP, Fedor, Jones & Silva had.

Moving up might be the only way to achieve GOAT Status
Honestly, you don't know this. It is impossible to know this. It is just a weak opinion. Many different permutation of the strength of Mighty Johnson opposition are logically possible.

Remember, GSP fought the same 3 fighters 7 times. DC has only fought 4 LHW guys, but because he fought twice against a Monster, his overall record is being greatly exaggerated. A lot of UFC records are not as strong as the way people talk about them.

Mighty Johnson's dominance is making the MMA community dismiss his competition. Sometimes when something is just that good, one other interesting way we can look at it is by saying the competition is just that bad.

The difference is that GSP said he would fight Silva at 170 pounds. He said it on Rogan's show in 2013 and a couple of other times. Silva's trainer in 2012 said he would fight Jones at 185 pounds. Mighty Mouse refused to fight Dillashaw, even when he said he would cut to 125 pounds.

Back