GSP refused to fight Silva, yet he's considered the GOAT...

Excpet Mighty Mouse wouldn't get paid enough for that money fight....

It's as simple as that why can't people like you see that? McGregor does it all the fucking time.

Might Mouse should not need extra money to defend his belt in his own division against TJ or any contender in his division.

Hey I am all for fighters pushing where they can to get more money ESPECIALLY if the UFC is asking you to take a risk and do something not normal for your contract like take a fight outside your division.

But champs have to take on all comers who make weight in their division and should do so under their normal contract since that is exactly what their contract was set up for.

it is a very difficult and slippery slope if champs can now refuse to fight opponents who make weight in their weight class by simply saying 'I want more money to fight that guy'.

If TJ was asking MM to meet him at CW that would be entirely different.

WOW! what an amazing comeback!
You need help... a LOT of help!!

Your arguments and rhetorics are on the level of a 12-year-old. Don't expect any arguments from me if you're not presenting any.

The burden of proof is on you. You claimed it was a monetary issue, but the UFC offered MM everything he wanted and he still didn't accept the fight which is common knowledge.

DJ at the time already signed a contract to fight Ray Borg

When TJ came along, the UFC wanted to make that fight happen, but they wanted to pay DJ the same amount he would've made to fight Ray Borg, which we can all assume wasn't a lot.

Because of this really bad business deal, DJ refused.

It was all about business, not DJ being "afraid" or trying to duck TJ.

If he's not trying to duck then why's he been in hiding since TJ won and called him out again? He's the bitch who was crying for a big fight, then bitched when it was given to him. You can't expect a big payday until you become a draw. Floyd and Manny only became serious draws and money-makers AFTER they beat Oscar. You need a real name on your resume, not a bunch of nobodies in a division people don't watch. Midget boy had his closest chance to a big fight and chose Ray Borg (who?).

I gotta say, this thread is not what I expected based on the title. Kudos for catching me with the curve ball TS.

BTW people criticized GSP and Anderson all the time for not moving up.

If he's not trying to duck then why's he been in hiding since TJ won and called him out again? He's the bitch who was crying for a big fight, then bitched when it was given to him. You can't expect a big payday until you become a draw. Floyd and Manny only became serious draws and money-makers AFTER they beat Oscar. You need a real name on your resume, not a bunch of nobodies in a division people don't watch. Midget boy had his closest chance to a big fight and chose Ray Borg (who?).
TJ just won 2 weeks ago. What you want Mighty Mouse to fight him next week?

He bitched for a big fight, but the UFC didn't want to pay him for that big fight. You'd be pissed too if you were in that situation.

The fight will happen, just have some fucking patience.

Nothing except GOAT status and much more recognition among regular fans which means bigger pay days and better future fights.
Come no now, be honest.
He'd beat TJ, you all would claim he ducked Cody (who was the champ).
he had NOTHING to gain.
Only this hypocrisy responses you give that it is so ridiculous that is it an obvious lie.

1) DJ is young. he does not need to race to get to GOAT status.
2) TJ had nothing to offer DJ. Now he does. But it should be DJ moving up, not TJ moving down.
3) I look forward to see when DJ beats TJ, and you make some lame excuse why he cannot be GOAT...

GSP did not refuse to fight Silva. They had pretty much agreed to the match after each of their next fights and GSP was putting on muscle for the matchup. GSP won his next (Hardy) and the next for Silva was Maia. DW essentially called it off after the Maia fight saying he wasn't going to reward Silva with a super fight after such a bad performance.

I think it says a lot about people's interest in Mighty Mouse that you have to disguise a Mighty Mouse post as a GSP post.

Your arguments and rhetorics are on the level of a 12-year-old. Don't expect any arguments from me if you're not presenting any.

The burden of proof is on you. You claimed it was a monetary issue, but the UFC offered MM everything he wanted and he still didn't accept the fight which is common knowledge.

LOL
you are such a fuckhead.
What burden of proof?
What you want is someone to spoonfeed you everything so you can continue being a lazy prick.

Mighty Mouse spoke with reporters, in plenty of podcasts about the issue.
in every single one, he said the same thing.

UFC forced Borg on him. he accepted.
then they tried to change it to TJ without paying anything extra.
He accepted, but demanded the UFC to pay him in case TJ missed weight. they declined.
end of story.

You are just a dickhead whom I owe nothing.
You want to check this? Google search is your friend.
You want to continue lying that you did not see it? then GTFO and stop lying. Because you know the truth. You simple prefer to bash a fighter claiming you "don't know".

Nobody asks MM to move up, we just want him to accept a fight in his weight class with a guy coming down from another weight class.

If Silva did made weight at 170, GSP would have fought him, same thing for Jon Jones

TJ just won 2 weeks ago. What you want Mighty Mouse to fight him next week?

He bitched for a big fight, but the UFC didn't want to pay him for that big fight. You'd be pissed too if you were in that situation.

The fight will happen, just have some fucking patience.
this is wrong thinking.

I'll quote myself.

MikeMcMann said:
Might Mouse should not need extra money to defend his belt in his own division against TJ or any contender in his division.

Hey I am all for fighters pushing where they can to get more money ESPECIALLY if the UFC is asking you to take a risk and do something not normal for your contract like take a fight outside your division.

But champs have to take on all comers who make weight in their division and should do so under their normal contract since that is exactly what their contract was set up for.

it is a very difficult and slippery slope if champs can now refuse to fight opponents who make weight in their weight class by simply saying 'I want more money to fight that guy'.

If TJ was asking MM to meet him at CW that would be entirely different.

Excpet Mighty Mouse wouldn't get paid enough for that money fight....

It's as simple as that why can't people like you see that? McGregor does it all the fucking time.
MM asked for 2 mil a ridiculous figure that he's not worth. Mcg puts butts in seat it's as simple as that

this is wrong thinking.

I'll quote myself.
Champs and other fighters have been refusing to fight guys because they want more money for a very very long time now. This isn't anything new.

I agree, it's wrong but that's how it works.

Come no now, be honest.
He'd beat TJ, you all would claim he ducked Cody (who was the champ).
he had NOTHING to gain.
Only this hypocrisy responses you give that it is so ridiculous that is it an obvious lie.

1) DJ is young. he does not need to race to get to GOAT status.
2) TJ had nothing to offer DJ. Now he does. But it should be DJ moving up, not TJ moving down.
3) I look forward to see when DJ beats TJ, and you make some lame excuse why he cannot be GOAT...
Don't get me wrong. I like MM and I think he still has time to claim the P4P status and I get why he chose not to fight TJ at that time. But I do think it would have legitimised his claim for the throne. I always thought TJ was making more improvements than Cody and preferred him for the fight marginally (I'm still shocked at how good TJ looked) so I don't see how it wouldn't have put him in the top spot if he had fought and beat TJ. Sure, some would claim he ducked Cody but some people will always just be that way. I really hope MM does step up and beats TJ now, he deserves the recognition. I don't really care much about belts, I just want to see the best fight the best and for MM to do that he kind of needs a big test to show his worth.

Steroids don't give you striking skills or improve hand/eye coordination you goofy bastard.

Depends on the PED

If you can train more hours and skip less training sessions due to injury, you're going to get better skills. Striking is all about repetitions, anything that helps you get more reps will help you.

..Silva refused to fight Jones, yet he/was considered the GOAT.

...Jones didn't step up to fight Cain, yet he/was considered the GOAT.

...So why is it that when MM refuses to fight TJ because he already had a contract signed to fight Ray Borg and the UFC wasn't willing to pay him more to fight the higher profile TJ, MM is in the wrong and he's ducking?

Besides that, when else has MM refused to fight TJ?
Those guys all didn't want to go up in weight.

MM refused to fight a guy who was going to come to his weight class.

You idiot.

Don't get me wrong. I like MM and I think he still has time to claim the P4P status and I get why he chose not to fight TJ at that time. But I do think it would have legitimised his claim for the throne. I always thought TJ was making more improvements than Cody and preferred him for the fight marginally (I'm still shocked at how good TJ looked) so I don't see how it wouldn't have put him in the top spot if he had fought and beat TJ. Sure, some would claim he ducked Cody but some people will always just be that way. I really hope MM does step up and beats TJ now, he deserves the recognition. I don't really care much about belts, I just want to see the best fight the best and for MM to do that he kind of needs a big test to show his worth.

LOL
I disagree.
it is blatant how much you want to dismiss DJ.
1) he does not have to claim any-fucking-thing.
DJ is ALREADY the P4P king.
For you to even try to claim he is not shows the level of blindness you have towards him.

2) It is TJ who has to prove himself. He just got the fucking belt, and you try to claim he is THE one fighter DJ has o beat to justify his whole career?
child please! Learn some logic and common sense, will ya?

3) Last but not least: Stop being a UFC shill.
They are the ones who started this whole crap about DJ. They are bullies, and this is not the first time they use these dirty tactics to force fighters to take the fight they want (for the pay they want).
it is about time you open your eyes and see that they did nothing new here, only you chose to believe in them over DJ which (to me) is pretty dumb.

Back