GSP refused to fight Silva, yet he's considered the GOAT...

MM did not refuse to fight TJ.
It was a monetary issue.
Besides, TJ was not the champion.
He had nothing to win by beating TJ.
I agree with most of this, but obviously MM did refuse to fight TJ. That's exactly what happened.

I think he made the right choice for himself though. TJ wasn't champ. Why take such a high risk fight? Better to get a much weaker opponent in Ray Borg if the money is the same.

Agreed. Goats don't turn down fights.

Jones turned down Chael.

GSP turned down Silva.

Fedor would fight anyone
Conor would fight anyone.

The Goats name ends with an "or".

I agree with most of this, but obviously MM did refuse to fight TJ. That's exactly what happened.

I think he made the right choice for himself though. TJ wasn't champ. Why take such a high risk fight? Better to get a much weaker opponent in Ray Borg if the money is the same.
i thought mm issue was weight cutting. and it was borg who actually couldnt make weight, funnily enuff.

also if you are ducking clear competition you are not a champ. imagine all the other champs ducking better fighters cuz they want more money sounds ridiculous.

i thought mm issue was weight cutting. and it was borg who actually couldnt make weight, funnily enuff.

also if you are ducking clear competition you are not a champ. imagine all the other champs ducking better fighters cuz they want more money sounds ridiculous.
Champs do duck guys who they think aren't big draws. Happens all the time in MMA and boxing.

MM used the weight cut thing as an excuse. He demanded the UFC guarantee his pay and cancel the fight if TJ missed weight, and UFC agreed, but said they'd have Ray Borg on the card as a backup opponent. That's perfectly reasonable. MM refused this. He just didn't want to fight TJ.

And again, I think he made the right call for his career.

DJ did not refuse to fight TJ.
He wanted to get paid fairly for it.

There's a BIG difference.

If UFC would pay him fairly, he would have accepted.
But they wanted to replace Borg without adding any compensation for it.

he did not refuse TJ. He refused the deal.

Champs do duck guys who they think aren't big draws. Happens all the time in MMA and boxing.

MM used the weight cut thing as an excuse. He demanded the UFC guarantee his pay and cancel the fight if TJ missed weight, and UFC agreed, but said they'd have Ray Borg on the card as a backup opponent. That's perfectly reasonable. MM refused this. He just didn't want to fight TJ.

And again, I think he made the right call for his career.
well how is ray borg a bigger draw than tj?

ducking fights im sure is impressive to some ppl but those in the know cant actually respect someone like that.

what evidence do you need?
I mean do you even have any point, or your whole defense is to demand people to get you "evidence"?

1) Dana lies all the time. this is not news. if you want evidence, you are just too stupid to not know it by now.
2)DJ does not have a reason to lie. If you think he does, then you are the one who needs to provide evidence.
Stop being so butt hurt just because people have a different opinion than you. Do you really want the entire world agreeing with you all the time?

Stop being so butt hurt just because people have a different opinion than you. Do you really want the entire world agreeing with you all the time?
Boy, but you are a dumb one.
I don't care if anyone agrees with me.
But there's a difference in opinion and denying facts just to bash a fighter.
You are lying and blatantly ignoring facts just so you can bash DJ... how great a person does that make you?

Boy, but you are a dumb one.
I don't care if anyone agrees with me.
But there's a difference in opinion and denying facts just to bash a fighter.
You are lying and blatantly ignoring facts just so you can bash DJ... how great a person does that make you?
You are filled with so much rage. Seriously, not good for your blood pressure. Chill man. Have a joint or something.

MM did not refuse to fight TJ.
It was a monetary issue.
Besides, TJ was not the champion.
He had nothing to win by beating TJ.
Come on, TJ is way better competition than anyone at DJ's weight.

Still, he's not obligated to do anything, he doesn't complain about never being considered GOAT. (And I admire that.)

I always thought he was a small welterweight so I never felt he needed to move to middleweight to prove himself.

..Silva refused to fight Jones, yet he/was considered the GOAT.

...Jones didn't step up to fight Cain, yet he/was considered the GOAT.

...So why is it that when MM refuses to fight TJ because he already had a contract signed to fight Ray Borg and the UFC wasn't willing to pay him more to fight the higher profile TJ, MM is in the wrong and he's ducking?

Besides that, when else has MM refused to fight TJ?
Well mm isn't a goat! He fights weak ass competition! He ducked a real opponent

Anderson has always been on PEDS. Cheater.

Agreed. Goats don't turn down fights.

Jones turned down Chael.

GSP turned down Silva.

Fedor would fight anyone
Conor would fight anyone.

The Goats name ends with an "or".

Fedor turned down the UFC
Conor turned down defending his title

...So why is it that when MM refuses to fight TJ because he already had a contract signed to fight Ray Borg and the UFC wasn't willing to pay him more to fight the higher profile TJ, MM is in the wrong and he's ducking?

you know it's not the same poster making a thread about every single fighter and that everyone is gonna have different opinions, right?

Because Jones & GSP were defending against legitimate & respected fighters. MM is not & when he gets the opportunity to do so with TJ he bottles it.

He claims its because TJ couldn't make the weight but then schedules a fight with Borg who is notorious for missing weight.

Also there is only a ten pound difference between their weight classes whilst there is a significantly higher jump between WW & MW or LHW & HW

Because there is a big question mark in the opponents he's beaten... None of them looked elite or dangerous, thats why for MM's case, fighting Dillashaw is so important to solidify his status as a worthy P4P fighter.

Not to mention MM isn't moving up, but TJ IS COMING DOWN to his weight class, so your argument is irrelevant.

Lot's of contradiction in this statement. Prime Silva would have smoked GSP

Well simply if the weight difference at that point in Georges' career was not as obviously crippling as it is to him now when he went up to face Bisping, I think he would take it for definite. Anderson would just be wrestlefucked tbh.

Back