GSP refused to fight Silva, yet he's considered the GOAT...

Just a quick correction here for the dumb fucks; GSP never once "refused" to fight Silva.

Carry on little bitches, carry on.

IIRC, the rumor was that Fedor's manager Vadim F. wanted to co-promote Fedor's cards with M-1. UFC said no to co-promotion.

Yes it was that but it was also that Dana was pushy and insulting and shady with the negotiations. Fedor talked about that in some interviews. I think we all know how Dana is and we know Vadim isn't Mr. Pushover either. So it was a long shot that they would come to an agreement.

MM has what, 6 reputable names to his resume in his whole career with several of them being guys from the old guard.

Even if he man's up and fights TJ at whatever weight and actually beats him THEN he would be eligible for a pay raise but still wouldn't be close to GOAT.

Except MM literally refused the fight. To say otherwise is to deny a fact, which you in a later post accuse others of doing.

I think his reasons to decline were sensible, but he did decline.
You are trying to cling to semantics... and even then you are blatantly wrong.
He did not refuse.
If you want to be anal, he ACCEPTED the fight (as long as the UFC would agree to pay him TJ's purse if TJ did not make weight).
UFC was the one who did not agree to that.

So even when you try to resort to nitpicking, you are wrong.

If DJ is going to only fight someone with GOAT status at his weight, well.. kind leave us short handed, don't it?

TJ is better competition than the other guys DJ faced. We really need to see DJ fighting fiercer competition, that would improve his own GOAT status.
You make no sense.
TJ is nowhere that great. He does not have that great resume, and was not even close to a great win for DJ.
Not at FLW where TJ never fought.

Dodson, Lineker, Reis, Benavides, Moaraga... there are plenty of great names DJ beat.
Any good win by DJ improves his plea for GOAT.
TJ would be a good win, but not nearly as much as you are attempting to make.
DJ beat plenty of good fighters already.

It's ok man. Your life will get better one day. Until then, hang in there.
My Life?
Child, please!
As usual, You know nothing of what you are talking about.
My life is great.

it is just one more thing you attempt to talk where you have no clue about.

You make no sense.
TJ is nowhere that great. He does not have that great resume, and was not even close to a great win for DJ.
Not at FLW where TJ never fought.

Dodson, Lineker, Reis, Benavides, Moaraga... there are plenty of great names DJ beat.
Any good win by DJ improves his plea for GOAT.
TJ would be a good win, but not nearly as much as you are attempting to make.
DJ beat plenty of good fighters already.
I don't know where have you concluded that TJ is the GOAT, I just said it was a much better opponent that what he's used to. (And that I'd like to see that fight, implicitly)
Come on, man, be less anxious and read stuff thoroughly.

I'm not sure about all the guys you mentioned, but at least some of them could be just as good, tell them to call out DJ next time they win.

Aaaand we're off to the next thread ;-)

I don't know where have you concluded that TJ is the GOAT, I just said it was a much better opponent that what he's used to. (And that I'd like to see that fight, implicitly)
Come on, man, be less anxious and read stuff thoroughly.

I'm not sure about all the guys you mentioned, but at least some of them could be just as good, tell them to call out DJ next time they win.

Aaaand we're off to the next thread ;-)

whut?
you make no sense.
those names ARE guys DJ already fought against and beat.
Many moved up (since they can't beat DJ) and are already the top of TJ's own division, proving they are good fighters.

As I said, TJ never fought at FLW.
To make a claim that he is at any way, shape or form better win than the guys DJ already beat shows you have no clue who DJ beat... which is proved by the fact you didn't know the guys he beat.

Note: I do want to see DJ fight TJ.. NOW, after TJ won the belt. And for the BW belt, not the FLW.
but this won't make nor break DJ's career or plea for GOAT.

So the GOAT has to be a heavyweight? How tall must your opponents be for it to count in your book?

You need to beat some credible opponents. And being 5'3 when most men in that weight class are around that size eliminates nearly all competition. No man and I mean virtually no man is that size anywhere in the world. Hell you can walk around most elementary schools and 4th and 5th graders are that size. How many people the size of Jockeys become pro fighters? Walk through Times Square mid day and tell me how many men you spotted 5'3? 125 pounds? What man weighs 125 pounds? Almost Nobody..

Last edited:
Because he's 5'3 and fights @ 125

you cant be an all time great beating up 5'3 men

you just cant

Correct.. People love this pound for pound argument but in the United States alone no men are that size? This is a man that simply did not GROW. And most men GROW!! So all the men that grew and became Pro Fighters he can't fight. Too big..

You forgot to mention Fedor there, because he doesn't fit the narrative. Fought guys of all sizes, despite being one of the smallest HWs.

My Life?
Child, please!
As usual, You know nothing of what you are talking about.
My life is great.

it is just one more thing you attempt to talk where you have no clue about.
You seem to have a lot of anger issues. That usually comes hand in hand with having a shit life. Really, all you've done in this thread is insult everyone who has a different opinion than yourself. It's pathetic. Take a look at yourself man, sort it out.

You seem to have a lot of anger issues. That usually comes hand in hand with having a shit life. Really, all you've done in this thread is insult everyone who has a different opinion than yourself. It's pathetic. Take a look at yourself man, sort it out.
you se4em to make a lot of shitty assumptions.
That usually comes hand in hand with having a shitty life, so you project your issues on everyone and assumes they are in as bad a shape as you are.

You should give up trying to figure out something you have absolutely no clue about... That includes your views in MMA.

You are trying to cling to semantics... and even then you are blatantly wrong.
He did not refuse.
If you want to be anal, he ACCEPTED the fight (as long as the UFC would agree to pay him TJ's purse if TJ did not make weight).
UFC was the one who did not agree to that.

So even when you try to resort to nitpicking, you are wrong.
Dude. He refused the fight.

He literally. Fucking. Refused.

Also demanding *TJ's* purse if TJ missed weight is just a crazy radical demand. Demanding crazy shit is a method of ducking.

You can say that MM refused the fight offer, the UFC then refused MM's crazy demands and issued a modified offer, and MM then refused that offer. But in the end, however you slice it, MM refused the fight with TJ that was offered. This happened.

And I will say again - I think MM was correct to duck TJ. TJ wasn't champ, and a much higher risk fight than Borg, for the same pay. I think ducking TJ was the right move by MM. He has to do what's best for MM. Not what's best for the UFC, or the fans - what's best for MM.

Now that TJ is champ though, it's less clear if MM should duck him again, from MM's POV.

Because all of the examples you used are of people not moving UP in weight.

DJ ducked somebody who will come to his weight class.

Hope that clears it up ts.

Dude. He refused the fight.

He literally. Fucking. Refused.

Also demanding *TJ's* purse if TJ missed weight is just a crazy radical demand. Demanding crazy shit is a method of ducking.

You can say that MM refused the fight offer, the UFC then refused MM's crazy demands and issued a modified offer, and MM then refused that offer. But in the end, however you slice it, MM refused the fight with TJ that was offered. This happened.

And I will say again - I think MM was correct to duck TJ. TJ wasn't champ, and a much higher risk fight than Borg, for the same pay. I think ducking TJ was the right move by MM. He has to do what's best for MM. Not what's best for the UFC, or the fans - what's best for MM.

Now that TJ is champ though, it's less clear if MM should duck him again, from MM's POV.
No.
Get through your thick skull.
he agreed to fight.
UFC GUARANTEED that TJ would make weight.
DJ simply asked them to make a monetary penalty if their GUARANTEE was not proper.

This is not a refusal, it is called a counter-offer. Or Monetary repairment in case what UFC promised him did not happen.

but T the end of the day, it is NOT a refusal.
UFC is the one who refused it.

No.
Get through your thick skull.
he agreed to fight.
UFC GUARANTEED that TJ would make weight.
DJ simply asked them to make a monetary penalty if their GUARANTEE was not proper.

This is not a refusal, it is called a counter-offer. Or Monetary repairment in case what UFC promised him did not happen.
well said , Dana white is balls deep in this guys head

Back