GSP: " I Want Khabib Nurmagomedov because He is undefeated"

I thought GSP said “challenging smaller fighters makes you look bad”?

Just another example of GSP being a walking contradiction and a lair.
He also challenged bigger fighters at 185, and bigger fighters at 170 that should've been 185lbs fighters.

I think he can fight LW assuming he makes the cut.

I would like to see this fight

I would like to see GSP’s grappling/Sambo/BJJ defense and offense against Khabib

GSP is pretty much a nightmare match up for most guys.

Great striking and wrestling, both defensive and offensively sound.

Yep, and a better athlete than most and a better tactical fighter than most.

At 155 Khabib has a chance...not a good chance but a chance. That'd be a horrific cut for GSP.

With that said GSP 50-45

Not any worse of a cut for GSP than it is for Khabib. Khabib diets down to the mid 170's to cut to LW. GSP walks around in the low 180's these days—he can diet down a few pounds then make the cut.

Best fight for gsp atm, and for khabib. I think gsp will get pounded honestly, he's just not prime. Even in his prime it would be a tough fight. Hope they can book it since Conor isn't anywhere near a fight. Much rather see khabib stay active.

@ 38 yrs old?

U Seriouz?

Did you not say "37 or 50 is the same at the highest level"?

Quite frequently people say Hendo was Anderson's best victory, so was the 37 year old Hendo actually out of prime?

Gsp with his lies exposed, but still a huge fight to the mma landscape. I think khabib would win though, gsp is too far over the hill here imo

Did you not say "37 or 50 is the same at the highest level"?

Quite frequently people say Hendo was Anderson's best victory, so was the 37 year old Hendo actually out of prime?
wtf.gif

Not any worse of a cut for GSP than it is for Khabib. Khabib diets down to the mid 170's to cut to LW. GSP walks around in the low 180's these days—he can diet down a few pounds then make the cut.
1st part is false. Khabib gets down to the high 160s (167-169) before cutting any water weight.

And you're ignoring the fact that this would be GSP's first 155 cut and at the age of 37+ no less. He can make the weight but there is no way that he could do it without being drained to shit.

GSP knocks on Khabib door. Khabib goes running for the foothills.

1st part is false. Khabib gets down to the high 160s (167-169) before cutting any water weight.

He's done that twice—it's not his normal cut.

And you're ignoring the fact that this would be GSP's first 155 cut and at the age of 37+ no less. He can make the weight but there is no way that he could do it without being drained to shit.

I trust GSP and his team to take care of it. I don't see it as a bad cut at all compared to what other guys are doing.

He's done that twice—it's not his normal cut.
It was his last 2 cuts. Do you expect him to suddenly put on 10 lbs before cutting water weight? Obviously, if he did that for his last 2 fights, then he will continue to do that. What logical reason would he have to cut more water weight?

I trust GSP and his team to take care of it. I don't see it as a bad cut at all compared to what other guys are doing.
You're not being realistic. The first weight cut for anyone is always the worst. Age only makes it harder. It will effect is performance. Doesn't mean that he'll lose, but the cut will make a difference.

Smart move by GSP. Beating Khabib whose stock is extremely high right now is a good move if he does take it. I think GSP would beat Khabib pretty lopsided in my opinion.

It was his last 2 cuts. Do you expect him to suddenly put on 10 lbs before cutting water weight? Obviously, if he did that for his last 2 fights, then he will continue to do that. What logical reason would he have to cut more water weight?

His last two cuts, during which he fired his nutritionist. Meanwhile everyone around him talks about how his weight is the biggest problem

khe.png

Yv9Dk9.gif

You're not being realistic. The first weight cut for anyone is always the worst. Age only makes it harder. It will effect is performance. Doesn't mean that he'll lose, but the cut will make a difference.

I'm being realistic. We have two guys, one who has a history of very hard weight cuts, and one who is a consummate professional and has never had an issue with cutting weight. Yes, GSP will be cutting to LW for the first time, but from GSP's career, it's safe to say that if he and his team think they can do something, then they likely can, and the'll do it well. I don't doubt that GSP will do practice cuts beforehand either. A 5'10 180-185lb man can make 155lbs just fine. This is very realistic. Saying anything concrete about the results of GSP's weight cut to LW is mere speculation, so I don't see how what I'm saying is any less realistic than what you're saying.

His last two cuts, during which he fired his nutritionist. Meanwhile everyone around him talks about how his weight is the biggest problem

khe.png

Yv9Dk9.gif
I have corrected you on this 3 times now. Scout mistranslated that video and has been corrected. Khabib's father says 187 lbs. Stop posting misinformation. And the second interview (I'm almost positive) is old, not from his last 2 fights.

You're proving my point. Khabib has made under 155 with no issue in his last fight. Going by old information is illogical. Without a nutritionist he made 154.5 with no issues in the slightest. Clearly he is not having any issues currently.

I'm being realistic. We have two guys, one who has a history of very hard weight cuts, and one who is a consummate professional and has never had an issue with cutting weight. Yes, GSP will be cutting to LW for the first time, but from GSP's career, it's safe to say that if he and his team think they can do something, then they likely can, and the'll do it well. A 5'10 180-185lb man can make 155lbs just fine. This is very realistic.
Assuming that GSP (who is just under 190 btw) will make 155 for the first time in his life while suffering no negative repercussions is anything but logical.

Khabib's last 2 cuts were damn near seamless.

GSP needs to lose more weight than he has ever had to before, all in water weight. Having never performed at 155 before he will absolutely suffer from this cut, as would any career WW.

Another LW for the "GOAT"

I'd like that fight but don't think it will happen until sometime 2019. Gsp says he wants Khabib but why not first take on nate?? At least legitimise yourself in the 155 division before talking a potential title fight.

I'm all for his move to 155 but can't just jump the queue like MW for a title shot...too many good fighters in that division.

Back