GSP: " I Want Khabib Nurmagomedov because He is undefeated"

I have corrected you on this 3 times now. Scout mistranslated that video and has been corrected. Khabib's father says 187 lbs. Stop posting misinformation. And the second interview (I'm almost positive) is old, not from his last 2 fights.

You're proving my point. Khabib has made under 155 with no issue in his last fight. Going by old information is illogical. Without a nutritionist he made 154.5 with no issues in the slightest. Clearly he is not having any issues currently.

I didn't see you correct me before, my bad. Anyways, going by old information isn't illogical. Did you think Rumble was fine after he made WW once? No, you look at the career in order to find tendencies— you don't chose selective data from 2 fights and ignore the rest. Khabib has struggled for the majority of his career to make LW. You absolutely cannot deny this, and choosing to ignore a career of fights solely to focus on two recent fights isn't logical in my opinion.

Assuming that GSP (who is just under 190 btw) will make 155 for the first time in his life while suffering no negative repercussions is anything but logical.

Khabib's last 2 cuts were damn near seamless.

GSP needs to lose more weight than he has ever had to before, all in water weight. Having never performed at 155 before he will absolutely suffer from this cut, as would any career WW.

I don't doubt that you've heard GSP is just under 190 now because weight fluctuates a few pounds, but I've heard him say he's below 185lbs a few months ago on Ariels podcast. Either way, he's around Khabib's weight. And again, If you think GSP won't make a practice cut before deciding to cut to LW, then you're underestimating the kind of professional GSP is. IF you think he can't have a nutritionist take care of his micronutrients in order to ensure a seamless weight cut, then you don't understand what kind of professional he is.

If you say absolutes like, "He will absolutely suffer from this cut" about a hypothetical uncertain situation, then you're limiting yourself. There are plenty of healthy ways to lose weight without repercussions. Plenty.

again, If you think GSP won't make a practice cut before decided to cut to LW, then you're underestimating the kind of professional GSP is.

I haven't listened to the podcast, but I read a summary where he said he wasn't going to do a practice cut.

Did I misunderstand that?

Also unsure if I believe GSP anyways.

I haven't listened to the podcast, but I read a summary where he said he wasn't going to do a practice cut.

Did I misunderstand that?

Also unsure if I believe GSP anyways.

I haven't read every single thing GSP has ever said, so I don't know. Did he say that? Last time I checked he hasn't even committed to going to LW. Even if he did say that, I think his coaches would change his mind.

I'd be shocked if they didn't do a practice cut, but It's possible I guess.

I haven't read every single thing GSP has ever said, so I don't know. Did he say that? Last time I checked he hasn't even committed to going to LW. Even if he did say that, I think his coaches would change his mind.

I'd be shocked if they didn't do a practice cut, but It's possible I guess.

I believe so. But like I said, I only read a summary on my phone while taking a shit. I remember being taken back by it. Someone will quote us and clarify.

I believe so. But like I said, I only read a summary on my phone while taking a shit. I remember being taken back by it. Someone will quote us and clarify.

Well, I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. I still don't think he'd have any real issues making LW if him and his team decided to. Apparently he doesn't think it's worth a practice weight cut (assuming that your leisure reading while pooping was actually correct).

Fuck it. I don't know. This is why we should avoid saying absolutes about things that haven't even happened.

I didn't see you correct me before, my bad. Anyways, going by old information isn't illogical. Did you think Rumble was fine after he made WW once? No, you look at the career in order to find tendencies— you don't chose selective data from 2 fights and ignore the rest. Khabib has struggled for the majority of his career to make LW. You absolutely cannot deny this, and choosing to ignore a career of fights solely to focus on two recent fights isn't logical in my opinion.
It is extremely illogical to go by old data when Khabib has actively changed his camp, slimmed down, gotten surgery to address the issue that was complicating his weight cut, and has shown no signs of issues with his most recent cuts. The old information is outdated and no longer applicable to his current physical state.

It's like assuming that because Conor never missed weight at 145 that he could just go back with no problem. That is a dumb assumption.

Comparing Khabib to Rumble is a stupid. Rumble was 2 weight weight classes too big for WW and still had a harsh cut to make LHW. They are not even remotely the same.

I don't doubt that you've heard GSP is just under 190 now because weight fluctuates a few pounds, but I've heard him say he's below 185lbs a few months ago on Ariels podcast. Either way, he's around Khabib's weight. And again, If you think GSP won't make a practice cut before deciding to cut to LW, then you're underestimating the kind of professional GSP is. IF you think he can't have a nutritionist take care of his micronutrients in order to ensure a seamless weight cut, then you don't understand what kind of professional he is.

If you say absolutes like, "He will absolutely suffer from this cut" about a hypothetical uncertain situation, then you're limiting yourself. There are plenty of healthy ways to lose weight without repercussions. Plenty.
Look man, if you think that GSP can perform at 100% at 155 then that's your hill to die on. You obviously do not want to hear otherwise and I frankly do not care enough to argue with someone with no intention of listening.

MAKING WEIGHT IS NOT THE ISSUE.

Performing well (compared to performances at his natural weight class) in a championship fight against one of the most taxing fighters to go up against after undergoing the hardest weight cut of your career is unlikely for any fighter. GSP is not a superhuman. He is still vulnerable to all the same shit as any other fighter.In fact, despite his camp and nutritionists, he struggled to adapt to MW even though he had more than enough time and no weight to cut.

Also, a practice cut means nothing other than that you can hit the target number. The ability to perform well post cut is the issue.

It is extremely illogical to go by old data when Khabib has actively changed his camp, slimmed down, gotten surgery to address the issue that was complicating his weight cut, and has shown no signs of issues with his most recent cuts. The old information is outdated and no longer applicable to his current physical state.

He just fired his nutritionist, which he cited as a key reason for making those changes that you keep talking about. He and his dad still keep talking about WW for a reason.

It's like assuming that because Conor never missed weight at 145 that he could just go back with no problem. That is a dumb assumption.

In the same vain, it would be silly to say he can't go back to FW, considering he made it several times throughout his career. You can't simply focus on the recent things and ignore a whole career.

Comparing Khabib to Rumble is a stupid. Rumble was 2 weight weight classes too big for WW and still had a harsh cut to make LHW. They are not even remotely the same.

It was meant to be a stupid comparison in order to highlight what I find to be stupid about the logic you're employing. Using selective data to make a point is silly. ignoring 90 percent of a career solely to focus on the most recent fights isn't logical to me. You're hoping the recent changes are indicative of a future trend, you hope that while ignoring past tendencies. Yes, khabib making weight a few times smoothly is a great sign for his future, but I can't ignore the rest of the times when he struggled, and by your own statements, it will only become harder for him with age.

Look man, if you think that GSP can perform at 100% at 155 then that's your hill to die on. You obviously do not want to hear otherwise and I frankly do not care enough to argue with someone with no intention of listening.

MAKING WEIGHT IS NOT THE ISSUE.

Performing well in a championship fight against one of the most taxing fighters to go up against after undergoing the hardest weight cut of your career is unlikely for any fighter. GSP is not a superhuman. He is still vulnerable to all the same shit as any other fighter.

Also, a practice cut means nothing other than that you can hit the target number. The ability to perform well post cut is the issue.

We disagree man. I'm not even saying you're wrong. I'm saying that you don't know so I don't know how you can use such absolutes. For all you know, GSP diets down healthily and cuts less percentage of his bodyweight than he ever did at WW and has the performance of his life. You do not know. I don't know either.

gsp would beat him and im a huge khabib fan

hes the best wrestler ever in mma

GOAT cherrypicker in MMA.

Ducked Anderson Silva for years, and all of a sudden, he wants to fight geriatric fighters above his weight (ie: Bisping), and fighters from lower weight classes (ie: Khabib).

Very smart, but his schtick has become obvious at this point. He's just another MMA businessman. At least Conor makes it clear it's about the money.

Performing well (compared to performances at his natural weight class) in a championship fight against one of the most taxing fighters to go up against after undergoing the hardest weight cut of your career is unlikely for any fighter. GSP is not a superhuman. He is still vulnerable to all the same shit as any other fighter.In fact, despite his camp and nutritionists, he struggled to adapt to MW even though he had more than enough time and no weight to cut.

We disagree man. I'm not even saying you're wrong. I'm saying that you don't know so I don't know how you can use such absolutes. For all you know, GSP diets down healthily and cuts less percentage of his bodyweight than he ever did at WW and has the performance of his life. You do not know. I don't know either.

The issue of performing at a new weight is a discussion ender. If anyone is confident GSP will lose because of the cut, there is nothing to talk about. They don't know what they're talking about, and you can't tell them they're wrong. Nobody knows till we see it.

You can't speak in absolutes on this issue. If you're really attempting to break down this fight, you don't address this because we can't break it down.

It's a discussion ender.

If the centerpiece of Khabib's success is based on GSP having a bad weight cut, it's a bad match-up for Khabib.

Challenging them to come up is. If he can beat the scale then I don’t see issue with it. He just went up and won the MW title. Nothing wrong with what he’s said or done.

Looks worse when smaller fighters call out larger fighters and demand they drop.

But GSP said he turned down the Nate fight because he would be accused of bullying a smaller guy if he won.....Khabib is even smaller than Nate....so yeah GSP is pretty contradictory sometime.

He just fired his nutritionist, which he cited as a key reason for making those changes that you keep talking about. He and his dad still keep talking about WW for a reason.
Once again, you are misinformed. Firing his nutritionist has nothing to do with any reason I posted. He changed every one of those during the lead up to the Barboza fight, while/before they were hired. He fired the them because they were working alongside Max during his cut.

Khabib has stated no interest in moving to WW in the near future. His father and him disagree on a great many things regarding his stay at LW.

In the same vain, it would be silly to say he can't go back to FW, considering he made it several times throughout his career. You can't simply focus on the recent things and ignore a whole career.
You can't use old data to say that "oh they can/can't do this" when A) it is contradicted by recent data, B) The fighter has undergone significant physical changes, and C) outside factors support the progression over regression (i.e. Khabib's camp and current physical state are more suited to make LW than before).

It was meant to be a stupid comparison in order to highlight what I find to be stupid about the logic you're employing. Using selective data to make a point is silly. 90 percent of a career soley to focus on the most recent fights isn't logical to me. Yes, khabib making weight a few times smoothly is a great sign for his future, but I can't ignore the rest of the times when he struggled, and by your own statements, it will only become harder for him with age.
Across his entire career Khabib has missed weight once against Abel. He sustained an injury/health complication that made it difficult to lose the rest of the weight. The issue with Tony was caused by the healthy issue he had to get surgery for. Post surgery he has been able to dehydrate much more easily.

He made weight just fine for his other 9 fights. He had a rough cut for MJ due to the same issue that he had leading up to Tony but that has been addressed.

Once again, the old data is unreliable in this scenario due to significant positive changes in Khabib's health.

I'm not speaking in absolutes. I'm just saying that it is highly unlikely that GSP could make that cut with no issues. He stated on Joe's Podcast that he is about Lee's size. Size, age, and never fighting at LW lead the the likely outcome of: weight cut effects him negatively.

Anything is possible. Doesn't mean that I'm gonna bank on unlikely outcomes.

For example, regardless of my personal feelings, GSP after a bad cut would still dominate Khabib 9/10 times. I would like to bank on that 1/10 chance but it is just unlikely.

Last edited:
The issue of performing at a new weight is a discussion ender. If anyone is confident GSP will lose because of the cut, there is nothing to talk about. They don't know what they're talking about, and you can't tell them they're wrong. Nobody knows till we see it.

You can't speak in absolutes on this issue. If you're really attempting to break down this fight, you don't address this because we can't break it down.

It's a discussion ender.

If the centerpiece of Khabib's success is based on GSP having a bad (or rather difficult) weight cut, it's a bad match-up for Khabib.
That's not the discussion at all. I already stated that Khabib would almost certainly lose.

The issue is that I said GSP would almost certainly have a bad cut and it would effect his performance.

He said that GSP has never had a bad cut so he could make 155 no issue.

Khabib's success was a non factor.

This might be for a new weight division like 165 or something. Would love for the fight to happen, but i don't want GSP to go full Skeletor on us.

Click-bait thread title. He kind of hints at it. He more says he's tempted by the idea of doing something that's never been done before and a fight with Khabib "could" be one of those things.

I thought GSP said “challenging smaller fighters makes you look bad”?

Just another example of GSP being a walking contradiction and a lair.
Khabib would be a good size for WW tho. Also has youth and undefeated confidence on his side.

GSP is a awful style matchup for Khabib. Good luck trying to wrestle with GSP, I don't care how credentialed you are

As soon as they realize Conor is retired they will make this fight.

Back