Fighters who people call Legends, but you think aren’t.

From the UFC Hall of Fame, it would be Pat, Maurice Smith (WTF), Serra, Faber, Roussey

From the people's point of view, well, who are the legends?
BJ
GSP
Silva
Chuck
Tito
Fedor
Randleman
Nog
Royce
Randy
Cro Cop
Hendo
Bas
Reem
Shogun
Vitor
I like randleman and really dont want to disrespect the guy, but how do you think he's a legend and laugh at Maurice being one? They both have terrible records but held UFC gold and have really good wins. From the same era.

Pat Miletich was a far greater champ with multiple defenses and also made other contributions to the sport aside from fighting, including training Hughes.

Again, I dont want to crap on Kevin at all, but if you think he's a legend....the bar is a bit low.

Maurice Smith used to be a pivotal figure back then...

Noobs really thik MMA is like a decade old? WTF? Don't you even google that shit anymore? Try 648 BC dumbass. So yea you can have legends in a sport that is over 2000 years old. Think Arrhichion (Ἀρριχίων) of Phigalia the first MMA legend.

I'm not surprised dumb motherfuckers.

Yeah well the competition was weak back then. His opponents didn't even have a wikipedia page. Drug-testing was non-existent too and I bet he only fought manlets.

Record 16 - 12
Pennfat.jpg
wiki records, uh?

oh no, nobody won that shit...

I'm not saying it was a good fight but a) Ken had control most of the bout and b) did way more damage. He easily would have been declared winner if there were judges.

I'm not saying it was a good fight but a) Ken had control most of the bout and b) did way more damage. He easily would have been declared winner if there were judges.
Btw UFC 1 & UFC 5, Ken had basically 2 yrs to study Hoyce´s game.

He was injured at UFC 2, but still during an interview at ringside, he stated that he was workin´
on his game, and that he would come back with some kind of "master plan". That was obviously hinted
at Hoyce.As a matter of fact, he even hired a judo/jiujitsu guy for the camp.

Still, at UFC 5, he didnt really go for the win, he definitely wanted the draw, thus he L&Ped, didnt mount any serious offense (Im aware of the numbers though).

Disappointment. .

one of you fuckers had a aneurysm when I said Mark Hunt is not a legend. I'm sorry but he's not, and his success in k1 means squat in MMA

some people call everyone with 30+ fights a legend which I don't agree with

Motivated Steven Seagal with that look in his eyes trained many famous fighters to victories.
Sensei Seagal in my mind was a little bit overrated back in the day.
Great but overrated.

legend is the most vague term thrown around.

If you can agree as to what factors constitute legendary mma status I might be be able to weigh in on who fits into this category.

Yea, before they started using it in the 25 yr old sport of MMA, I always thought of it as people and stories from a bygone era, stories that had been fixtionalized and exaggerated over time.

Legend = mma HOF?
I assume you have to be considered a legend in order to get in the HOF and you have to fight best talent in the world, so UFC is most important?

The Nogs.
Those 2 are semi gods in mma circles.

I always found they are shit.

Back