Fighters who people call Legends, but you think aren’t.

imo there havent been any legends in mma because the sport is still in its infancy. i could understand if ppl called gsp, fedor or DJ legends but i would disagree. when names like miesha tate get mentioned now thats just ridiculous

Tank
Hallman
Serra

All decent fighters but that’s all
Tank is a legend
Hallman is debatable, i'd put him in like 'venerable veteran territory', has been around forever and was around in the different eras so i actualöy wouldnt have a problem with his legend status, he alsl wore speedos in the octagon and was about to smah edmond so actually! Hallman is a legend.

I dont really like sera, not a legend at ghis point but he has was a part of the lw tournament back in the days, won tuf 4, won the world championship and trained one world champion in weidman so he does have a claim. But his demeanor is quite thugish at times like threating that announcer on dana looking for a fight and fight with people in restaurants. Like he has something to prove, i dont think legends act like that but if he coaches one more world champion then he is a legend regardless, i mean, how freakin high do we have to out the bar xd

He was the first traditional champ, has wins over Maurice Smith, Bas, Severn, draws with Oleg and Royce are only because they didn't have judges, he won those fights.

Just because he is old and poor and fought like crap against Kimbo doesn't take away from his accomplishments.

Why don't you think he's a legend?
My memories are getting tapped by Royce quickly and constantly throwing in the towel in pride. Also got worked by Tito three times.

Most people get the "legend" thing right, but there are those elitist, Pride enthusiasts that come up with random names of guys I've never heard of

Truth is, there are "fan favorites" and then there are true legends. Sherk or whatever his name is, nope. Aoki, nope, Condit, nope, Faber, nope, Sakuraba or whatever, nope. I hate to say it, but I wouldn't even call Stipe a legend.. Or Cormier, and I respect them, but to me they are not legendary.

Fedor, Anderson, GSP, Jones, Royce, Penn, Couture, Aldo, even DJ, I would say "yes".

The term a legend in this sport gets thrown around a lot to give mma some kind of epic long history. Terms like goats started getting thrown around in the ealy 2000s when the sport was but a decade old.

So who are some fighters you hear people calling a legend but just arent, and why don’t you think they are.

My example: Pat Miletich, he was a good fighter back in the hey day, good striking and good grappling, but didnt really have a strong career or establish himself as the man, never really had character as far as notoriety or style.
To me a legend should be someone who even newer competitors would struggle against in their prime. A lot of non legends that MMA fans call legends

Back