Diversity is Strength!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bacon is so fucking good. :)

Amen.

Diversity is strength - The title would suspect the TS are a closest racist
Bacon is fucking good - It is indeed, but I would be very careful to use those words in a thread that is doomed to gather all the racists on WR.

I know you are a very knowledgable poster, but I´m curious to the double edged message you just wrote.

Was it.

A) To mock the muslim world in a liberal Republican way
B) You genually love the taste of bacon, and did not think at all that some radical antifacists would link it togehter with the title of this thread and take offense by it.

It is so hard to see all the shades in a chat forum. I bet I would not have had those curious thoughts if I could read your face.

Amen.

Bacon is fucking good - It is indeed, but I would be very careful to use those words in a thread that is doomed to gather all the racists on WR.

I know you are a very knowledgable poster, but I´m curious to the double edged message you just wrote.

Was it.

B) You genually love the taste of bacon, and did not think at all that some radical antifacists would link it togehter with the title of this thread and take offense by it.

It is so hard to see all the shades in a chat forum. I bet I would not have had those curious thoughts if I could read your face.

Hi Sweede, when I posted that I meant it in a completely unironic way at the mention of literal pig farming (I love bacon) although the connotations with Islam occurred about the same time I hit reply.

If you ever read any of my posts on topics such as economics, social safety net or lgbt rights, it's immediately apparent that I actually swing pretty hard left-wing. As far as race, diversity and multiculturalism goes, I'm full of self-love and very content with my luck of the draw but racism and hate is a waste of energy and time. Considering I have very close 'mixed race' members of my own family it would also be completely illogical.

I'm generally in favor of ethnic diversity but not so much literal multiculturalism because I find it to be a catalyst for tension and fragmented societies; integration if not assimilation (it's a bad word now) into the host country and culture, unity under a sense of all-inclusive civic nationalism for its ideals and customs is the way forward IMO.

I do have a problem with instances such as these though that you see popping up a lot now in various western academic, journalistic, bureaucratic circles and I'm not quiet about it because I find it profoundly regressive, and devoid of any "equality" nor "social justice" especially towards building a better future. That stuff is actually 'real news'.

@Kafir-kun You better say something if shit doesn't feel right or too far out, I'm not trying to come off like that. Even on the anonymous internets. I'm just bluntly honest and don't fit into the distinct "Left" or "Right" boxes of this forum.

From that horrific article I posted:

But majority-minority cities also serve as a reminder that diverse populations do not necessarily generate utopian post-racial societies.

Anyone else disturbed by this?

Seriously a post racial society? What the heck does that even mean?

Race is more important and focused on than ever in Canada.

<Prem974>

He's an actual paranoid schizo. It's really that simple.

Still hooked on progress? Thought you went to rehab. Seriously progress will damage your brain and you'd think all the evidence would convince you that it's time to quit. Also you guys shouldn't be reassuring/encouraging each other.

Amen.

Was it.

<Huh2>

Progressives worldwide are reverting to an infant like mindset.

Swedish, Canadian, American, Australian, British etc progs all acting in the same manner.

@Kafir-kun You better say something if shit doesn't feel right or too far out, I'm not trying to come off like that. Even on the anonymous internets. I'm just bluntly honest and don't fit into the distinct "Left" or "Right" boxes of this forum.

It's a Swedish prog ffs...

<Prem973>

Hey me too, people just like labeling others everywhere. I'm just speaking my mind, if I'm too far out, hey you can chalk it up to me being unique, or and oddball, whatever people say to help them sleep at night, I honestly don't care. I don't think most people here get me, so I do sort of "entertain myself".

They actually don't bother me. My neighbour at my old place was Muslim. He taught me quite a bit about slaughtering livestock.

Wait, he didn't attack you or force his belief system on you? Was your wife safe? Just crazy that you escaped alive.

Hi Sweede, when I posted that I meant it in a completely unironic way at the mention of literal pig farming (I love bacon) although the connotations with Islam occurred about the same time I hit reply.

If you ever read any of my posts on topics such as economics, social safety net or lgbt rights, it's immediately apparent that I actually swing pretty hard left-wing. As far as race, diversity and multiculturalism goes, I'm full of self-love and very content with my luck of the draw but racism and hate is a waste of energy and time. Considering I have very close 'mixed race' members of my own family it would also be completely illogical.

I'm generally in favor of ethnic diversity but not so much literal multiculturalism because I find it to be a catalyst for tension and fragmented societies; integration if not assimilation (it's a bad word now) into the host country and culture, unity under a sense of all-inclusive civic nationalism for its ideals and customs is the way forward IMO.

I do have a problem with instances such as these though that you see popping up a lot now in various western academic, journalistic, bureaucratic circles and I'm not quiet about it because I find it profoundly regressive, and devoid of any "equality" nor "social justice" especially towards building a better future. That stuff is actually 'real news'.

It really depends a lot on what "multiculturalism" entails doesn't it? I think the problem which can arise is that you get cynical "liberal" politicians who just want easy votes even if that means turning a blind eye to retrograde social issues, especially if dealing with those issues would be more costly.

I mean often when we have allegations for example of police bias in favour of "liberal" issues for example what your really seeing is a cheap stop gap. The answer to dealing with say alligations of rape or child abuse more effectively is well targeted funding and reducing actual bigotry in the police, its not some simplistic policy that actually biases investigation and justice. The establishment liberial though often ultimates cares about low taxs for the wealthy more than that.

Equally look at the fuss about faith schools in the UK, conservatives bang on about it but the reality is these schools exist to keep education spending down, getting funding from the relgions in question.

Last edited:
Wait, he didn't attack you or force his belief system on you? Was your wife safe? Just crazy that you escaped alive.
He was a very helpful guy, but a horrible anti-Semite. Nice in some ways, loathsome in others.

He was a very helpful guy, but a horrible anti-Semite. Nice in some ways, loathsome in others.

Yea, and I was just kidding in that post you answered seriously. In like, the most overt and obvious way (after the bacon connection!). Geezus.

What do you mean? Because I'm a Mohammedan?

I don't see anything too objectionable. Only thing I'd add is that assimilation is a two way street and always has been in America. That said, doesn't mean its a 50/50 relationship either as the host culture should be expected to change far less than the incoming culture.

Yea, and I was just kidding in that post you answered seriously. In like, the most overt and obvious way (after the bacon connection!). Geezus.
Yeah. I know. Just throwing some personal experience out there.

Yea bro, and because it isn't 'Muslims' I find objectionable but Islam as a political ideology, and that position just simply isn't optional for me. People say, "Well, you can't separate them" but in the context of individuals in western countries especially you sure as hell can, not to mention scripture being interpreted in more ways than you can shake a stick at. I see the issues of integration largely as a bureaucratic problem and blame them accordingly, but we're not doing too bad over here.

I don't see anything too objectionable. Only thing I'd add is that assimilation is a two way street and always has been in America. That said, doesn't mean its a 50/50 relationship either as the host culture should be expected to change far less than the incoming culture.

Is this a veiled threat to make me submit and revert? :p

You’re not actually a muscleman anymore are you?

Yeah. I know. Just throwing some personal experience out there.

I have personal experience too, and a couple of Muslim friends. Not "friends", but friends. They're young like me and pretty damn, err, liberal I guess? US born though. NAC has been especially sensitive over them lately for some reason. If it makes it any better, I'll say sorry? I think the cartoon drawings are fucking senseless provocation for the most part FWIW. Get a life.

Yea bro, and because it isn't 'Muslims' I find objectionable but Islam as a political ideology, and that position just simply isn't optional for me. People say, "Well, you can't separate them" but in the context of individuals in western countries especially you sure as hell can, not to mention scripture being interpreted in more ways than you can shake a stick at. I see the issues of integration largely as a bureaucratic problem and blame them accordingly, but we're not doing too bad over here.
Fair enough to me.
Is this a veiled threat to make me submit and revert? :p
Of course.

But also pointing out a fact of American history. The idea of "muh Judeo-Christian values" would strike the earliest Americans as foreign, they would've most likely emphasized their Protestant values to the exclusion of the papists not to mention the Jews(who weren't even considered white for a time). Who knows, maybe some day American politicians will speak of our shared Abrahamic values or something like that.
You’re not actually a muscleman anymore are you?
If you really want to know PM me about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back