Did Anybody Else Give The First Round To Conor

He saw Conor on the bottom with his legs crossed and thought he was relaxing

MNLNRP6.jpg

No but when you demolish people like Khabib then people are looking for :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s in the armour. Like when Rogan claimed he was rocked against Johnson.
And that he looked like an average fighter against iaquinta
<36>

Wow.... I don't think I've ever seen a fanbase get so delusional. And that's including Shogun fans.

Congrats McNugget fanboys.

Only MMA casuals saw the 2nd round as a mauling.

Real intellectuals / MMA experts saw that Conor was in total control of the 2nd round, effectively letting Khabib gas himself out.
So basically Conor dominated and won the fight. I see..

Wow, Khabib outstretched Conor's legs? Tarnation, I take it all back, 10-8 Khabib. Thank you for edumacating us on grappling, sirrah.

He tied up the legs. Kept outstretching them so Conor couldn't use his legs to push himself upwards against the cage. If Conor can keep his feet flat, push against the cage and try to wall walk, he could have gotten up to his feet. Then again, that's all theoretical.

Movements like that deserve to be noticed and should count in judging. Hope that makes sense now.

He tied up the legs. Kept outstretching them so Conor couldn't use his legs to push himself upwards against the cage. If Conor can keep his feet flat, push against the cage and try to wall walk, he could have gotten up to his feet. Then again, that's all theoretical.

Movements like that deserve to be noticed and should count in judging. Hope that makes sense now.
"Movements like that" mean nothing by themselves, when you achieve nothing except lying on top of someone by them. It's a fight, not a sleeping competition. If he'd used it to set up some vicious GnP, that'd be one thing. But he didn't, and Conor outstruck him 2:1.

Wow.... I don't think I've ever seen a fanbase get so delusional. And that's including Shogun fans.

Congrats McNugget fanboys.
Yep. 2 more days and the nuthuggers will claim that Conor never tapped. Conor was actually bitchslapping Khabib's hand and Herb broke the fight in order to save Khabib's hand from getting broken from the slapping.

The only thing worth commenting in that round was the TD and some top control, and even though the TD was a bitch move, score is not based on who's more of a badass, so round 1 could only be scored for Khabib

It was 10-9 Khabib without a doubt. I now respect Brett Okamoto's opinion less for being so stupid. If the takedown was fleeting, fine. But Khabib spent the entire round in top position, tying up Conor's legs, and working to advance position.

He's not alone...every fanboy thought Conor was doing more on the first round
... cheating aside of course...

Stupid round imo. Showed how much Khabib feared Conor's stand up game.
It was no secret khabib's plan is to grapple. Even Conor knew about it.he soon found out there is no stopping the take down...then you got fed with that lets Tire him out from the bottom...ahahhaha...no

Trying to scrape together a round or two where Conor didn’t get butchered isn’t going to change the fact that he got destroyed in every aspect of mma. You can try pick up movementum to convince yourselves he could win the rematch, but the truth of the matter is Conor is a quitter and he will never ever beat Khabib.

I wanted McGregor to win... but come on, behave. Khabib made it clear that he wanted to take McGregor down and that he was going to do it. He did it and McGregor was not able to do anything to stop it or recover from it, despite a round of trying. The fight, including the first round was extremely one sided

If you think Conor won the first just give up on MMA, you won’t be missed.

And that he looked like an average fighter against iaquinta
<36>
Who else got two 10-8s against Iaquinta? Who was the last average fighter to get a 50-43. You are idiot who has no idea what they are talking about and just repeats whatever narrative you believe.

Back