Did Anybody Else Give The First Round To Conor

Interesting discussion, aside from all the haters.
Who wins a round control on top vs damage on bottom. We see alot of bottom-players with slicing elbows, hammerfists and full control. In my opinion a round should be won based on damage.

Pretty likely. Khabib's only chance was to finish him. I can't remember another fight with so many illegal tricks and that too without a warning.
I've never seen a fight with that much cheating from a fighter. I can't believe this isn't being covered more, if a rematch ever materializes this is the point khabib needs to hammer home.

If you could.
Honestly did you saw any improvement on him in this fight?

Also give your honest opinion on his defensive “techniques” on the ground.
I think Conor looked the worst he's ever looked, he seemed to have zero pep in his step and everything looked lethargic, I was concerned as soon as I seen his walk out...

I've always thought Conor had an underrated ground game, I think he showed he knew what he was doing defensively against Khabib and did a great job of staying calm, he made Khabib work for any passes and he did a good job of keeping his back against the fence and shrimping when ever Khabib looked like he was about to get into his usual gnp positions, hell Conor may have took more damage after the fight that he did in it.

But eventually exhaustion took over and he wilted badly, in some way his game plan was quite effective, he did a good job of surviving on the mat, i'm sure that was his plan, survive on the mat and punish him on the feet whenever the opportunity arose, strangely the part of the game plan that let him down was his striking, it didn't even look like the same fighter when you look back at his previous performances, his strikes looked lazy and he was very arrogant defensively too which led to Khabib landing more than I think most would have expected.

I think in a rematch Khabib should of course be favored, that is pretty much always the case when it striker vs wrestler, but I seen enough to also think that if the fast, light on his feet version of Conor showed up he'd still have a good shot of finishing Khabib on the feet.

No clue why people hold that moron in such high regard.

He's the next Ariel.

I think Conor looked the worst he's ever looked, he seemed to have zero pep in his step and everything looked lethargic, I was concerned as soon as I seen his walk out...

I've always thought Conor had an underrated ground game, I think he showed he knew what he was doing defensively against Khabib and did a great job of staying calm, he made Khabib work for any passes and he did a good job of keeping his back against the fence and shrimping when ever Khabib looked like he was about to get into his usual gnp positions, hell Conor may have took more damage after the fight that he did in it.

But eventually exhaustion took over and he wilted badly, in some way his game plan was quite effective, he did a good job of surviving on the mat, i'm sure that was his plan, survive on the mat and punish him on the feet whenever the opportunity arose, strangely the part of the game plan that let him down was his striking, it didn't even look like the same fighter when you look back at his previous performances, his strikes looked lazy and he was very arrogant defensively too which led to Khabib landing more than I think most would have expected.

I think in a rematch Khabib should of course be favored, that is pretty much always the case when it striker vs wrestler, but I seen enough to also think that if the fast, light on his feet version of Conor showed up he'd still have a good shot of finishing Khabib on the feet.
Don't you think the main reason why he looked inefficient standing up was because of the fear of the TD and the fact that Khabib never let him adjust the space to set up his left?
Two things Connie needs to do to be able to hit the counter is makes people run at him or stalk then to a coner in order to close the gap,measure with his right and hit with the left.
He never was capable to do it against Khabib.

Don't you think the main reason why he looked inefficient standing up was because of the fear of the TD and the fact that Khabib never let him adjust the space to set up his left?
Two things Connie needs to do to be able to hit the counter is makes people run at him or stalk then to a coner in order to close the gap,measure with his right and hit with the left.
He never was capable to do it against Khabib.
I'm not saying Khabib's game didn't throw him off, or have some effect, but Khabib threw plenty of sloppy shit that I'd expect Conor to pounce on, his reflexes looked shot, he looked uncoordinated in the cage.

I won't be surprised if we hear news of some sort of illness one day down the line, I know most will call it an excuse, which is why I think Conor will keep quiet until after a rematch.

Conor has backed himself into a corner with all his pull out merchant talk, it left him in a position of having to make that walk no matter what, I could tell something was off even during his walk out.

Listen Khabib may have done that to the best McGregor, I just don't know how anyone could think that was the best McGregor.

About the same level as a certain someone saying Conor was trying to wear out Khabib by getting his face pounded on. <{cruzshake}>

Whoever gave that round to Mcgregor is a moron. How can you win a round after getting taken down and being put on your back. It aint like Mcg worked on subs from his back or elbowed the shit out of Khebab. He was stuck in the mud.

Listen Khabib may have done that to the best McGregor, I just don't know how anyone could think that was the best McGregor.

Mcgregor had ring rust and he has lost a bit of hunger after making lots of money. That being said you cannot expect him to fight and move like he did against other guys. Its been said many times...styles make fights. Khabib does this to most guys, he makes them super uncomfortable, tired and helpless. Mcgregor has terrible lateral movement and his gas tank went on E once he got taken down and worked for 5 min. Its just a horrible matchup for the guy. He can come back 4 months from now and look like a killer against Aldo or Nate but Khabib's style and most importantly the take down threat will make Mcgregor look like shit against Khebab more times than not.

Last edited:
This is why I don't take the three judges who scored the third round for Conor serious.

They all thought Khabib was Diaz and they could some how skew this fight to make it look close if it went the distance. There was not a universe in the multiverse where Khabib would have taken this to a decision. It was either a beat down TKO, or a left hand kimura ...or in the worst case a choke out. Khabib was giving Conor a master class in fighting.

Lol but Conor did win the 3rd round. Not much a consolation, but he rightfully did.

Khabib said before the fight he would be careful in rounds 1-2 which is where Conor has gotten all of his finishes.
I was wondering why Khabib chose to make a point of standing in round 3. I thought it was just to show Conor had nothing for him.

Listen it's your prerogative to score it however you like.

Conor out struck Khabib 39 to 18 in round one, Khabib spent 4 minutes holding onto Conor legs for dear life with barely even an attempt to advance or land gnp, good tactic for the fight but not worthy of a round in my opinion.

Total delusion. Feel sorry for you bro.

I did, Khabib hugged him for 4+ minutes, Conor landed more from the bottom.

Grappling is gay! Just swang and bang bro!

8rWSPVW.gif

Going out on a limb here, but I somehow believe @PROlogic <banned> gave Conor the first 3 rounds

Conor won all three rounds, perfectly gassing out Khabib from the bottom as planned.

Was gassing himself also part of the plan? What an imbecile your favorite fighter is and all his team then

Last edited:

He finished guys with no chin or average chin. There's a reason he couldn't finish Diaz and we can start making an argument that Khabibs chin could be at the level of Diaz expect that he would not get hit as much. If this is true, Khabib would beat him 19 out of 20 times. Conor won't improve his grappling to surpass Khabib's, that's not possible.
Btw RDA did way better than Conor on the ground.

Last edited:
To those saying Khabib did nothing with it.

He grinded him in one round. Conor's gas tank was seriosuly drained after just one round. His arms were likely heavy and he was slow as hell by his standards. Conor landed some weak strikes from the bottom. In round one Khabib set up everything that followed. Conor did nothing worth mentioning but some decent defending.

Only those who know the sport figured out kebabs intentions for the first round. It was to initiate the TD, control from top position, and run out Conrad's tank to make him less dangerous in subsequent rounds and then mix up the attacks to keep him guessing

Back