Did Anybody Else Give The First Round To Conor

Stupid round imo. Showed how much Khabib feared Conor's stand up game.

No.

But also he was watching live without the luxury of a screen. Sometimes it's hard to judge.

well khabib took him down and did absolutely nothing with it

so for being a bitch id give it to conor, but that's not usually how the scoring works haha

I thought this thread was going to be a mistake, that Okamoto was talking about round 3, but no... he was actually talking about round 1...

<31>

I did, Khabib hugged him for 4+ minutes, Conor landed more from the bottom.

This is why I don't take the three judges who scored the third round for Conor serious.

They all thought Khabib was Diaz and they could some how skew this fight to make it look close if it went the distance. There was not a universe in the multiverse where Khabib would have taken this to a decision. It was either a beat down TKO, or a left hand kimura ...or in the worst case a choke out. Khabib was giving Conor a master class in fighting.

Of course you did nuthugger. I am glad Khabib finished him otherwise he'd lose 50-40 on your scorecards especially round 2 being a 10-8 for Conor.

No but when you demolish people like Khabib then people are looking for :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s in the armour. Like when Rogan claimed he was rocked against Johnson.

well khabib took him down and did absolutely nothing with it

so for being a bitch id give it to conor, but that's not usually how the scoring works haha

You'd think I'd be tired of this by now, turns out I'm not.

tenor.gif

Yeah, but you're from Europe so you don't really understand MMA.

:cool:

Well, Conor outstruck Khabib 39 to 18 in the first but significant strikes were 7-6. Khabib also took him down although he did nothing with it. If it was up to me I would give 10-10 to that round but nobody gives that so I can understand why the judges gave 10-9.

10-10 - Draw
10-8 - Khabib
10-9 - Conor
Khabib finish.

???

That's like saying "Conor didn't start the fight on his hands and knees giving Khabib a free dominant grappling position, therefore clearly he fears his ground game!"--of course they try to avoid eachothers strengths and Khabib said before the fight he would be careful in rounds 1-2 which is where Conor has gotten all of his finishes.

I wanted Conor to win.. and I actually had some hope after round 1.. didn't think he won it.. but he didn't take much/any damage.. in khabib was mostly holding him down.. not doing much

Then round 2 happened.. lol

Small hope in rd3 till I realized the round was pretty much even despite it being mostly striking..

Then round 4 the tap

I thought it was a toss up. Conor landed the better strikes but khabib out grappled him but did virtually nothing
Either one could’ve won that round without any real objection Imo .

Second round khabib possibly a 10-8

Third was clearly Conor’s .

Conor could’ve conceivably won two rounds to one going into the 4th narrowly although imo the scores would’ve still been 28-28

???

That's like saying "Conor didn't start the fight on his hands and knees giving Khabib a free dominant grappling position, therefore clearly he fears his ground game!"--of course they try to avoid eachothers strengths and Khabib said before the fight he would be careful in rounds 1-2 which is where Conor has gotten all of his finishes.

Boring.

Back