Did Anybody Else Give The First Round To Conor

It was a close round.
Khabib was just lying on him.

I don't mind it if somebody gave it to McGregor.

I'm sure there were people who gave all rounds to Conor and even decided the choke to be illegal.
Question is, why does it matter

I thought it was a toss up. Conor landed the better strikes but khabib out grappled him but did virtually nothing
Either one could’ve won that round without any real objection Imo .

Second round khabib possibly a 10-8

Third was clearly Conor’s .

Conor could’ve conceivably won two rounds to one going into the 4th narrowly although imo the scores would’ve still been 28-28

Lol good thing you don't score fights.

2nd round possibly a 10-8? That round was the definition of a 10-8.

Besides Brett Okamoto?

<JagsKiddingMe>

Looks like Conor would have won a decision if he didn't tap. His only task was to survive 5 rounds with any kind of illegal blows and glove/shorts/cage grabbing allowed by Herb Dean. He had the UFC's full support, the media's support, the ref and the judges on his side. Yet he surrendered, he quit, he gave his neck and tapped as soon as he felt the choke, didn't even try to free himself.
<{hughesimpress}>

No.

But also he was watching live without the luxury of a screen. Sometimes it's hard to judge.
lol whats to judge? conor on bottom for most of the round? thats not hard to judge from the dam nose bleeds

brett along with that fuck head ariel are just espn shills protecting the product.

To those saying Khabib did nothing with it.

He grinded him in one round. Conor's gas tank was seriosuly drained after just one round. His arms were likely heavy and he was slow as hell by his standards. Conor landed some weak strikes from the bottom. In round one Khabib set up everything that followed. Conor did nothing worth mentioning but some decent defending.

• if the mixed martial artists spent a majority of a round on the canvas, then:
  1. Effective grappling is weighed first; and
  2. Effective striking is then weighed

Effective grappling is judged by considering the amount of successful executions of a legal takedown and reversals. Examples of factors to consider are take downs from standing position to mount position, passing the guard to mount position, and bottom position fighters using an active threatening guard.

Round like that should be considered a draw tbf. Khabib got him down by did nothing, was a stalemate.

Of course you did nuthugger. I am glad Khabib finished him otherwise he'd lose 50-40 on your scorecards especially round 2 being a 10-8 for Conor.

Only MMA casuals saw the 2nd round as a mauling.

Real intellectuals / MMA experts saw that Conor was in total control of the 2nd round, effectively letting Khabib gas himself out.

Conors street fighter energy meter was probly at 50 after that rd. Khabib made him expend energy and all the pop amd sizzle and explosiveness to conors attacks were in a spot of bother. This is how they tire bears out so they cant kill with one swipe in rd 2 in the caucasus

Only MMA casuals saw the 2nd round as a mauling.

Real intellectuals / MMA experts saw that Conor was in total control of the 2nd round, effectively letting Khabib gas himself out.
Disagreeing with this statement is saying you know better than Dom, a multi time UFC champion.

Let's just hope your job doesn't require good eyesight then, tiger.
Listen it's your prerogative to score it however you like.

Conor out struck Khabib 39 to 18 in round one, Khabib spent 4 minutes holding onto Conor legs for dear life with barely even an attempt to advance or land gnp, good tactic for the fight but not worthy of a round in my opinion.

Well, Conor outstruck Khabib 39 to 18 in the first but significant strikes were 7-6. Khabib also took him down although he did nothing with it. If it was up to me I would give 10-10 to that round but nobody gives that so I can understand why the judges gave 10-9.

10-10 - Draw
10-8 - Khabib
10-9 - Conor
Khabib finish.

I thought it was a toss up. Conor landed the better strikes but khabib out grappled him but did virtually nothing
Either one could’ve won that round without any real objection Imo .

Second round khabib possibly a 10-8

Third was clearly Conor’s .

Conor could’ve conceivably won two rounds to one going into the 4th narrowly although imo the scores would’ve still been 28-28

?

If first round was "10-10", then so was 3rd, lol.

Conor had landed few probing shots more than Khabib. Nothing significant. Defended some Tds and that's it.

Can't have it both ways.

they do not score fight iq or lazy top game so there is no need talk about those in this thread

Judges shall evaluate mixed martial arts techniques, such as effective striking, effective grappling, control of the ring/fighting area, effective aggressiveness and defense.

Evaluations shall be made in the order in which the techniques appear in (c) above, giving the most weight in scoring to effective striking, effective grappling, control of the fighting area and effective aggressiveness and defense.

- they did spend majority of that round on canvas right? so grappling is weighted first --> Khabib
- Fighting area control is judged by determining who is dictating the pace, location and position of the bout. Examples of factors to consider are countering a grappler's attempt at takedown by remaining standing and legally striking, taking down an opponent to force a ground fight, creating threatening submission attempts, passing the guard to achieve mount, and creating striking opportunities. --> Khabib
- Effective aggressiveness means moving forward and landing a legal strike. -->
?
- Effective defense means avoiding being struck, taken down or reversed while countering with offensive attacks. --> Khabib

Nobody here seems to understand grappling.

No that was a pure 10-9 to Khabib. He tied up Conor's legs and kept outstretching them. He kept switching positions and looked for mount whenever he could. Not to mention the takedown in itself and the few strikes he did land. Also, he maintained top position the entire time.

So no. In no way did Conor win the 1st round. Conor's own coach says they lost the 1st round. But of course sherdog geniuses know so much more.

Back