Destiny 2, v1: Keep your spoilers to yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only had 2-3 Legendary engrams drop from an event - I always get them for turning in tokens or completing challenges. The exotic engrams I can't even remember how I got - only one of the 7 or 8 exotic items I've gotten (emotes included) came from an event.

I do know that if you turn a public event into a heroic event, the chance of a legendary engram dropping gets bigger. May also have to do with what level you are - I didn't start getting most of my exotics and legendaries until around level 15, I believe.

I've only had 2-3 Legendary engrams drop from an event - I always get them for turning in tokens or completing challenges. The exotic engrams I can't even remember how I got - only one of the 7 or 8 exotic items I've gotten (emotes included) came from an event.

I do know that if you turn a public event into a heroic event, the chance of a legendary engram dropping gets bigger. May also have to do with what level you are - I didn't start getting most of my exotics and legendaries until around level 15, I believe.

Cool, thanks for the input. I try to activate the heroics but I usually end up with at least 1 person who screws it up and kills the enemies before I can trigger it.

What good exotics have you guys got so far?

Got an energy assault rifle called Hard Light.

It's pretty great for both pvp and pve, it has no damage drop off over any range.

So far I've got:
Hollowfire Heart
Doom Fang Pauldrens
Wings of Sacred Dawn
Riskrunner
Gravitron Lance
Skyburners Oath
Coldheart

The game loves giving me Exotic Energy weapons...

I fucking broke down my Gravitron Lance. FUCK PULSE RIFLES.

I fucking broke down my Gravitron Lance. FUCK PULSE RIFLES.

Haha... that thing behaves more like a scout rifle. It's a cool idea for a weapon, but the little ball it releases never seemed to do a bit of damage to anything else. I would shoot guys in packs and never did I see any hit markers come from that little ball.

This edition of Hardlight is amazing. I love that you can select any elemental damage type. What a dream!

Yep, forgot to mention that. Another highlight of it.

So far I've got:
Hollowfire Heart
Doom Fang Pauldrens
Wings of Sacred Dawn
Riskrunner
Gravitron Lance
Skyburners Oath
Coldheart

The game loves giving me Exotic Energy weapons...

Same i'm yet to own an exotic kinetic weapon

Same i'm yet to own an exotic kinetic weapon
I've got one kinetic, one power and two energy.

I wish there was some sort of trading market.

Last edited:
I don't know what it is, but the gun play feels like absolute shit in this game. Maybe I'm not used to the shitty tickrate or I'm no longer used to 30fps but everything feels super sloppy.

Also 'lul' at giving someone that uses a sword twice the ammo that a person who uses a shotgun for a power weapon in pvp. Jesus bungie.

Last edited:
I don't know what it is, but the gun play feels like absolute shit in this game. Maybe I'm not used to the shitty tickrate or I'm no longer used to 30fps but everything feels super sloppy.
The reciprocation rate on Pulse rifles (ie that gap between trigger pulls) feels SO FUCKING SLOW.

I can pull the trigger on scout rifles faster than Pulse rifles and it drives me nuts.

Yea I have a feeling any future updates are going to have a loot tweak that isn't in our favor. Also kinda dumb how you can roll up on a public event and just collect the loot after everyone else has done the work. You should have to participate in the event for like a minute or something to be eligible for any loot from it. My main gripe with destiny 1 was the loot system SUCKED. You could play for a week and not really get anything of note, then once you do it just turns out to be something you don't need or already have. Although I did get the Gallajhorn from like my 3rd raid.
the rng loot system in D1 was broken before they nerfed/fixed it ppl could afk and get good loot. Shit even in the Nightfalls I spent all of yr1 chasing the Hawkmoon and never got one yet I invite my buddy to join the nightfall right when the final boss is about to die he had like 1 kill and gets his 6th or 7th Hawkmoon. Then the pvp just come in last and your % of getting something triples I got TLW, Thunderlord, and Gjallarhorn coming in at the bottom. Still this loot system is decent for most but with locked rolls after I get all the guns why even play.

Cool, thanks for the input. I try to activate the heroics but I usually end up with at least 1 person who screws it up and kills the enemies before I can trigger it.
It seems atleast with the fallen glimmer drill they slowed down the 4th target from dropping right away so you have a bigger gap to destroy the one things I was farming them on Nessus.

Literally just got two legendary engram pops from random enemies in like 20 mins of playing. Damn I'm stoked!

Just learned that rallying the flag for an event refills all ammo. I thought it just showed you the countdown timer.

Just learned that rallying the flag for an event refills all ammo. I thought it just showed you the countdown timer.

Also fills your super! I dig those moments when you're the only one there and then 420KILLA is near and others keep popping up and you see them all swooping in on their sparrows.

Also fills your super! I dig those moments when you're the only one there and then 420KILLA is near and others keep popping up and you see them all swooping in on their sparrows.

Haha definitely these are the moments that have really made this game for me so far. Destiny 2 really improved on the maps, you actually want to explore them!!! Well me anyway. All my friends who had similar gripes with the first destiny have seen me playing and are definitely debating picking it up. Sucks Destiny 1 killed any goodwill they had with the public with that whole DLC bullshit. Alot of people I know say that reason alone is preventing them ftom buying the game.. but hell, couldn't have a more valid reason imo. The first game literally honeydicked people out of their hard earned cash.

I'm usually the first to shit all over video games but damn this game is pretty awesome, already gotten a bunch of hours out of it and see myself getting many more. I honestly cant pick this game apart, even the shader shit, not like you don't get a fucking million anyway!! Bungie really outdid themselves

Holy shit... r/DestinyTheGame is getting pretty negative and shitty very quickly. People already calling for the nerfing of rewards from public events, people crying that there's not enough content, strikes and crucible are slow and don't reward as much as public events, etc.

One asshole over there says he has 80+ hours in the game already, all 3 characters to 290, and he's moaning and bitching about the lack of content. That's an average of over 12 hours a day and he's seriously bitching about content? Not to mention all the posts about how the story was boring, terrible, short, sappy, gimmicky, etc. It's usually a good sub-reddit but holy shit the people over there have really become crybaby bitches. And yes, I realize that me bitching about them bitching puts me in that same category. haha

Overall I'm loving the game and I thought the story was very cohesive and a ton of fun. I just ran my 2nd character through the main story and it was still fun and each of the steps made sense. Looking forward to doing the nightfall today and hopefully going to get my old raid group back together tomorrow to hit the new raid. Just a heads up the new raid will start at LL 260 and will end up at LL 280. I know it's "power level" rather than "light level" but I don't think I'll ever make that change in my head.

Glad i stopped looking on there after release day.

Looking forward to hopefully getting chance to do the raid this week. Couldn't play last night due to the maintenance. Gotta get some grinding done tomorrow night, think i'm only about 233LL. Anyone got some good tips for grinding for good gear?

Glad i stopped looking on there after release day.

Looking forward to hopefully getting chance to do the raid this week. Couldn't play last night due to the maintenance. Gotta get some grinding done tomorrow night, think i'm only about 233LL. Anyone got some good tips for grinding for good gear?

Public events have really been good to me so far. Also try doing the challenges and stuff. Just play the game and don't be afraid to shoot every enemy you see. I got alot of loot drops from random enemies on I.O so maybe just go around there doing events and what not.

Public events have really been good to me so far. Also try doing the challenges and stuff. Just play the game and don't be afraid to shoot every enemy you see. I got alot of loot drops from random enemies on I.O so maybe just go around there doing events and what not.

I've got a weapon mission that i think i have to go to IO for so i'll have a look on the events on there when i play next, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back