Destiny 2, v1: Keep your spoilers to yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad i stopped looking on there after release day.

Looking forward to hopefully getting chance to do the raid this week. Couldn't play last night due to the maintenance. Gotta get some grinding done tomorrow night, think i'm only about 233LL. Anyone got some good tips for grinding for good gear?

Public events are great for all the gear, but even if it's not good just break it all down and that gives you materials for the Gunsmith, and you'll also get planetary materials for the vendor on that planet. Strikes are good as well because of the Vanguard tokens. Crucible seems to be giving away some stuff as well.

At 233 you should be able to do the Flashpoint and that's where I would focus your energy to get a nice boost. Good luck and take your time, have fun... don't stress about "power level" too much and enjoy the game. The raid isn't going anywhere and people will be running it constantly for the next few weeks.

People who are complaining about the loot system will never be happy. Bungie did a good thing when they tied a bunch of exotics to questlines and made them a team effort, such as the Rat King Sidearm.

They're not happy when it drop RNG, they're not happy when it drops as a quest reward, they would completely freak out if you had to Pay-to-win and literally buy these weapons, and if they gave everybody every weapon for free, they would complain that everyone is getting them.

I finished Nightfall last night with 5+ minutes to spare.

I was doing it for the Rat King quest. First team I did it with, we nailed it on the second try without breaking a sweat. I didn't get the Rat King, so I asked the Clan chat and found out that you need all three fireteam members to either own it already, or have the same quest step.

So we put together a second team and ran it.... SIX OR SEVEN TIMES before we finally got it beat with 5+ minutes to spare and got our Rat kings. Hahaha. Gregolian can attest, we struggled for some reason.

We were trying to cover all three burn types with each character,a nd trying to coordinate who was carrying what element as a heavy, etc.

In the end, what we found worked out really well for use was for each Guardian to specialize in one element. That way, every time the burn changed, you knew when it was your turn to turn on the heat. Any other time, you use your Kinetic weapon. We were also very conscious about when we used our grenades, ensuring to save them for the proper burn window.

Last detail that helped was when you drop down to that platform and activate the switch and you have to fight all those Cabal with the double cleavers and the Warbeasts: Don't fight. Just run in circles (as a group) until the timer runs out and the additional adds never spawn in. You'll never even see a warbeast.

Also fills your super! I dig those moments when you're the only one there and then 420KILLA is near and others keep popping up and you see them all swooping in on their sparrows.

I love this, happened a couple of times last night, i was struggling solo on nessus with the extraction crews, all was lost until a fireteam rolled up to save the day with a minute or so to spare.

Just got to 265 last night. Do I really have to wait a week for a new flashpoint? I had it done before I went to work yesterday morning.

Public events are great for all the gear, but even if it's not good just break it all down and that gives you materials for the Gunsmith, and you'll also get planetary materials for the vendor on that planet. Strikes are good as well because of the Vanguard tokens. Crucible seems to be giving away some stuff as well.

At 233 you should be able to do the Flashpoint and that's where I would focus your energy to get a nice boost. Good luck and take your time, have fun... don't stress about "power level" too much and enjoy the game. The raid isn't going anywhere and people will be running it constantly for the next few weeks.

Had a quick look earlier turns out i was 240 not 233, I did the Flashpoint for EDZ on Monday so it should of resetted now hasn't it? Thanks for the advice though

People who are complaining about the loot system will never be happy. Bungie did a good thing when they tied a bunch of exotics to questlines and made them a team effort, such as the Rat King Sidearm.

They're not happy when it drop RNG, they're not happy when it drops as a quest reward, they would completely freak out if you had to Pay-to-win and literally buy these weapons, and if they gave everybody every weapon for free, they would complain that everyone is getting them.
having an exotic tied to fireteam bs is stupid the other two are ok but the whole rat king questline is stupid. Having it where you need someone else to have the quest too for it to even work screw that. I never liked the fireteam based weapon quest in D1 let alone getting stuck with one that needs others to have the same quest.

Had a quick look earlier turns out i was 240 not 233, I did the Flashpoint for EDZ on Monday so it should of resetted now hasn't it? Thanks for the advice though

Yep, Flashpoint this week is on Nessus I believe.

Is Rat King even all that great if you don't usually play with a fireteam? Seems like it's a PvP weapon more than anything.

Also, is there a Sherdog Xbone clan? I belong to one currently but I don't even know who tf they are

There's not a sherdog specific clan, but there are a few in our clan on Xbox, which is Raiders and Looters.

#raidersandlooters

Is Rat King even all that great if you don't usually play with a fireteam? Seems like it's a PvP weapon more than anything.

Also, is there a Sherdog Xbone clan? I belong to one currently but I don't even know who tf they are
I like the way it looks

So... storywise:
Is the mysterious stranger and all that shit just being.. forgotten about/thrown to the side?

I finished Nightfall last night with 5+ minutes to spare.

I was doing it for the Rat King quest. First team I did it with, we nailed it on the second try without breaking a sweat. I didn't get the Rat King, so I asked the Clan chat and found out that you need all three fireteam members to either own it already, or have the same quest step.

So we put together a second team and ran it.... SIX OR SEVEN TIMES before we finally got it beat with 5+ minutes to spare and got our Rat kings. Hahaha. Gregolian can attest, we struggled for some reason.

We were trying to cover all three burn types with each character,a nd trying to coordinate who was carrying what element as a heavy, etc.

In the end, what we found worked out really well for use was for each Guardian to specialize in one element. That way, every time the burn changed, you knew when it was your turn to turn on the heat. Any other time, you use your Kinetic weapon. We were also very conscious about when we used our grenades, ensuring to save them for the proper burn window.

Last detail that helped was when you drop down to that platform and activate the switch and you have to fight all those Cabal with the double cleavers and the Warbeasts: Don't fight. Just run in circles (as a group) until the timer runs out and the additional adds never spawn in. You'll never even see a warbeast.

You can cheese the nightfall, we found this out by mistake last night when I got stuck dying over and over at the second teleporter ring (right before the room with the first time gate rings).

I was stuck in the first area with that missile launching cabal while my team cleared out the ring area and did the rings. They moved on to the next area after that and I finally got through. When I got to the room with rings they were spawned in for me and I was able to hit the entire set of rings a second time. We had like 12 minutes on the clock going into the area with the two cabal lieutenants in their bunkers.

Is the Nightfall strike relatively completeable? IDGAF if I do it with 5 minutes left or not, I just want the cheevo. I've been putting off that one and then also the Shaxx cheevo since I don't like PvP much.

Anyone got a clan on ps4 i can join? My only friend that played destiny is snowed under with work so hasnt been able to touch d2 probs pointless having a clan with just 2 people anyway.

Did 3 strikes, on the last one the boss popped a legendary engram. Got back, post master had a legendary for me too, turned them both in and got minimum distance (already had) and an exotic helmet called the foetracer, it seems pretty sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back