Destiny 2, v1: Keep your spoilers to yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StabbyMcHatchet

Add StabbyMcHatchet on Instagram Facebook Twitter
@Brown
Reaction score
I just heard shaders are a consumable. Lame, Bungie. Very lame.
I thought it made sense to start an official thread for this new adventure.

Last Destiny 1 thread was over 900 posts:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/destiny-v11-open-your-wallets.3401591/

Quick links:
destinylfg.net
destinylfg.com
destinypublicevents.com
IronBanner.info
Destinytracker.com
Destinystatus.com
Destinytrialsreport.com
wastedondestiny.com
Destiny Raid Report

https://destinyexotics.com/
destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Destiny_Wiki
www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/
destinyghosthunter.net
Destiny2 Weapon Spreadsheet Here

If anyone want to message me their Username and Platform, we can start a Sherbro community here and I can update the list. These are the lists from teh Destiny 1 threads:

Xbox One Sherdoggers said:
Cheese = Shoeless Clown
Darkballs = CajunDevil
Dogstarman = Dogstarman1974
Fijeeto = Rkz Galvatron
Higus = higus
KNN = kienanxslap
Pliny Pete = BiggPanch190
PRIDEWASBETTER = quarterbacksnk
Ronwah = Average Boab
StabbyMcHatchet = StabbyMcHatchet
usmctanker242 = USMCtanker242

PS4 Sherdoggers said:
Ashton = ashtonfrederick
CubicleGangster = OcSherlock
electricsheep81 = SmokingIsBaddd
Fraz = DadoFraser
illuminaughty = ASAP_Tragik
pinger = banjoping
rikwebb = rikwebb
SaiWa = Saiwa930
thebluerider = rrdouble
TheWorm = Newtondanewt

Last edited:
Only did the first couple of missions, i'm feeling it so far <NightKingBringIt>

Consumable shaders are hands down the dumbest shit in the world.

On a side note I finished the story on a hunter and got all the subclasses. The game is great, there is an actual story, and right now there is tons of shit to do. This game is an improvement on Destiny 1 in every single way so far (except those goddamn shaders).

On a side note I finished the story on a hunter and got all the subclasses. The game is great, there is an actual story, and right now there is tons of shit to do. This game is an improvement on Destiny 1 in every single way so far (except those goddamn shaders).
How is the PVP?

How is Nightstalker in this one? Pole Dancer is fuckin' trash so I want to know if Nightstalker is worth a shit before I grind away on Hunter.

Whoops my statement was a little too much of a blanket, I haven't pvp'd at all outside of the beta.
lol, it's ok. I seen the pvp on beta tho, didn't look like too much of a change. I really want to buy and try it out though. Hopefully it deserves the hype this time.

How is Nightstalker in this one? Pole Dancer is fuckin' trash so I want to know if Nightstalker is worth a shit before I grind away on Hunter.
So far nightstalker is awesome. I have hardly played with it but the abilities are awesome, I'll elaborate a little later

Got a couple hours in and it's a huge improvement over D1 so far. But Bungie is always two steps forward, one step back. The shader business is clearly to push microtransactions since shaders can drop from those Bright Engrams. I'd be totally fine with that if I didn't already pay $60 for the game. F2P games have more tasteful microtransactions.

I kind of hate Dawnblade and think it's a poor substitute for Sunsinger but I also haven't fully unlocked the class. I'm fiending to switch over to Voidwalker so I hope it doesn't take too long.

One thing that also bothers me is your character still doesn't talk. I'm getting flashbacks to Dragon Age: Origins and the 90s with rpgs when characters say something to you and you just look at them with a stupid face. Dragon Age: Inquisition recorded 4 different voices for player characters and the amount of player character dialogue is absolutely colossal compared to what's in D2 and probably both Destiny games combined. Lazy, dumb decision in what so far is a pretty great presentation regarding the campaign.

After the Homecoming mission....

Hurt character slow walking....in 2017. When the hell are game devs going to realize this is played out and so fucking dull to play. I hate it when they do this.

When does the first strike unlock?

{<doc}wat.

Wtf i haven't even earned any shaders yet, can you only get them at a certain level or something?

{<doc}wat.

Wtf i haven't even earned any shaders yet, can you only get them at a certain level or something?

They're one time use and can drop more often now. Not sure if shaders are guaranteed in these but you get a Bright Engram for every level up past 20 like motes of light in D1. Not too bad....until you see these Engrams are also being sold for real money.

One thing that also bothers me is your character still doesn't talk. I'm getting flashbacks to Dragon Age: Origins and the 90s with rpgs when characters say something to you and you just look at them with a stupid face. Dragon Age: Inquisition recorded 4 different voices for player characters and the amount of player character dialogue is absolutely colossal compared to what's in D2 and probably both Destiny games combined. Lazy, dumb decision in what so far is a pretty great presentation regarding the campaign.

After the Homecoming mission....

Hurt character slow walking....in 2017. When the hell are game devs going to realize this is played out and so fucking dull to play. I hate it when they do this.
Im glad the character doesnt talk
I dont wanna sit there scrolling through a conversation wheel for 47 minutes to get to the fuckin point, I wanna rock and roll and shoot some shit baby!

As for your spoiler I thought it did a great job setting the mood and made me feel a kinda bad for my character

Im glad the character doesnt talk
I dont wanna sit there scrolling through a conversation wheel for 47 minutes to get to the fuckin point, I wanna rock and roll and shoot some shit baby!

As for your spoiler I thought it did a great job setting the mood and made me feel a kinda bad for my character

Haha oh I definitely don't want a dialogue wheel but something, anything like "Shut up, Ghost" or "I'll take care of that." instead of silence and a wooden facial expression.

I've played that exact same scene 20 to 30 times already in other games. It's such a cliché at this point that it has become offensive and I think less of the developers creative abilities. It's like orange and blue video game artwork....been done to fucking death.

But, the game rules so far!

Is anyone playing on PC? How does it compare to console?

Is anyone playing on PC? How does it compare to console?

PC is out Oct. 24th because it's "not ready" aka cash grab. It's night and day compared to the console version and by far the best version to play. If the beta is any indication, it'll be a great port even older PCs can run.

But Bungie needs to fix people plugging in a console peripheral, xim4 or something, which gives players console controller aim assist (AA is crazy high in Destiny) while you're using kb&m. Pretty ridiculous. They need to just do away with aim assist all together on the PC version.

Shadow shot comes with bloodbound automatically rolled in and does a shitlload of damage on hit. When paired with a vortex grenade it is just obscene. I'm using the spec with vanish in smoke and with gamblers dodge cooling down my melee on each dodge I can vanish extremely often, which is fantastic for pve. I haven't really paid attention to Shadow shot orb generation, so I'm not sure if it's as good as d1 in that regard.

Nightstalker rules. I'm usually a titan and I do not regret starting with a hunter at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back