Destiny 2, v1: Keep your spoilers to yourself! | Page 6

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by StabbyMcHatchet, Sep 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThulsaDooom Purple Belt

ThulsaDooom
    Had a clutch NF clear last night. We were playing sloppily and died a few times on the way the boss. We were whittling him down but not really syncing as a team. There's about 30 secs left, one man down, and I thrown down a healing rift so I can stand and dps the boss when those fucking dogs come out again. The boss is chasing me and I gotta move and create some space. I'm shooting the boss but it's looking like a wipe when all of a sudde he just gets bursted down to death. My buddy was nailing him in the gas tank on his back. He was standing in my rift and I have the exotic Warlock boots that auto-reloads your allies' weapons while standing in it. Love these moments in Destiny.

Ashton, Higus and Fijeeto like this.
  2. rikwebb Purple Belt

rikwebb
    Damn that sucks

The Rat King quest is linked to the nightfall this week too isn't it

3. BjPenn2017 Brown Belt

BjPenn2017
    I got an exotic grenade launcher called the fighting lion tonight. I read about it and everyone says it sucks ass so far, but it is in the energy weapon slot. Lol, I'll try it and give it a chance tomorrow. So far for me by far I've gotten my best items from public events. Did about 6 or 7 today, got a legendary engram from one chest and an exotic engram from the last one I did that gave me the fighting lion. I also had a legendary engram pop from an enemy while doing all these.

Damn does destiny 2 feel much more rewarding and considerate of my time than the original destiny.

4. tru3f4n Black Belt

tru3f4n
    It feels more rewarding for sure but IMO a little too much with purples droping fairly often and exotics given out for basic pvp and pve stuff and ranking up the NPC easily. It just feels like getting to max LL is the main objective and the gear is just secondary like once you get one shard all the other copys no real uniqueness to the gear.

5. usmctanker242 Black Belt

usmctanker242
    @rikwebb

You should be able to do the Rat King quest with any of the Nightfalls and the only real thing is that you have to finish with 5 minutes left on the timer.

God damn Bungie... 4+ hours of maintenance on the morning of reset? WTF?

rikwebb likes this.
  6. Fraz The Larry

Fraz
    I have a challenge in the strike playlist,

Devouring void- as a voidwalker defeat an enemy using bloom

Can someone explain this to me?

7. Fraz The Larry

Fraz

8. usmctanker242 Black Belt

usmctanker242
    The Bloom causes enemies to explode when you use any of your "ability kills." So NovaBomb, grenade, or charged melee. It's either wanting you to get ability kills as a Voidwalker, or maybe get secondary kills from the "bloom" explosions when you use your ability kills.

9. rikwebb Purple Belt

rikwebb
    Have you got it unlocked and active on your skill tree?

10. Fraz The Larry

Fraz
    Yes it's active

11. Fraz The Larry

Fraz
    Yeah i'll keep trying this, i definitely have it active and i'm not noticing any explosions though, oh well just went down for maintenance :( only played for half an hour was hoping to get a few hours in have barely played over the past few days

12. rikwebb Purple Belt

rikwebb
    Hopefully its only something due to the maintenance and it sorts itself out after

Fraz likes this.
  13. usmctanker242 Black Belt

usmctanker242
    You'll need to make sure it's active in your skill tree.. basically you'll to make sure the Attunement of Chaos is your active ability package.

[​IMG]

So just make sure the upper set of options is selected, rather than the bottom.

14. Eazy123 Brown Belt

Eazy123
    I got that one too. Never really cared to use it.

Also got a legendary sparrow and an exotic emote (eating ramen or whatever) last night. I get so tempted to buy bright engrams but I'm just gonna stick with farming them.

BjPenn2017 likes this.
  15. Ashton Allez Cuisine!

Ashton
    Mine came down to the wire too: we were down to like a minute when he came down from his final column. I was on gunslinger with a celestial nighthawk and solar had just popped up so I was getting ready to take my shot and end it (a nighthawk headshot on solar was doing 39000 damage). Right as I was about to pop my super I got hammered and had to take cover. I popped my super, came back, and the goddamn boss had jumped away. So I was scrambling around looking for him, super bar depleting, time down to like 20 seconds, and I ended up catching him with it right as my super was about to fade.

ThulsaDooom and usmctanker242 like this.
  16. Fraz The Larry

Fraz
    Yep it was definitely active, maybe rik webb was right and it had something to do with the servers

17. usmctanker242 Black Belt

usmctanker242
    Tuesday is my day off so I was really looking forward to playing a bit this morning. haha Damned server maintenance. Just so everybody knows when the maintenance is complete you'll have to download a patch.

At least they're getting this stuff fixed quickly rather than letting it go for weeks or months at a time.

18. MASShole Get it?

MASShole
    I don't like the grenade launchers so far.

I'm up to 245 light. The exotic hand cannon that makes things explode (sunshot?) is amazing. I use it all the time, even though I have the exotic pulse rifle where the third bullet does more damage, and coldheart. I have two exotic helms and 1 exotic gauntlet.

So far I really like the game, and how easy it is to just "do stuff" and get rewarded. The grind isn't as bad as D1.

usmctanker242 likes this.
  19. ThulsaDooom Purple Belt

ThulsaDooom
    I don't either. I hate the bounce because if I'm not trying to do direct hits on an enemy, I'm better off served by any other power weapon type for guaranteed hits instead of the rng bouncing. Got a 280 Prospector and while it's kind of fun quickly launching 8 grenades at a boss, I'd rather just use something else. The AOE is pretty goddamn terrible. Grenade launchers definitely need a buff and/or some tweaks because right now, they're an absolutely awful substitute for heavy machine guns. I used to love those and am still kind of salty they got rid of them. Thunderlord was amazing on Arc Burns and it always felt badass when you switched weapons and slowly lugged out this massive cannon of death. Did a few Predator mowing down the jungle yells in D1 with machine guns.

Fraz and usmctanker242 like this.
  20. Fraz The Larry

Fraz
    Same, i've got an exotic one called The Prospector, used it for around half an hour isn't very good.

ThulsaDooom and StabbyMcHatchet like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.