Destiny 2, v1: Keep your spoilers to yourself! | Page 7

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by StabbyMcHatchet, Sep 6, 2017.

1. StabbyMcHatchet Add StabbyMcHatchet on Youtube Facebook & Twitter

StabbyMcHatchet
    This edition of Hardlight is amazing. I love that you can select any elemental damage type. What a dream!

Gregolian, Fraz and usmctanker242 like this.
  2. StabbyMcHatchet Add StabbyMcHatchet on Youtube Facebook & Twitter

StabbyMcHatchet
    Can we get this stickied, Mods?

3. StabbyMcHatchet Add StabbyMcHatchet on Youtube Facebook & Twitter

StabbyMcHatchet
  4. usmctanker242 Black Belt

usmctanker242
    Holy shit... r/DestinyTheGame is getting pretty negative and shitty very quickly. People already calling for the nerfing of rewards from public events, people crying that there's not enough content, strikes and crucible are slow and don't reward as much as public events, etc.

One asshole over there says he has 80+ hours in the game already, all 3 characters to 290, and he's moaning and bitching about the lack of content. That's an average of over 12 hours a day and he's seriously bitching about content? Not to mention all the posts about how the story was boring, terrible, short, sappy, gimmicky, etc. It's usually a good sub-reddit but holy shit the people over there have really become crybaby bitches. And yes, I realize that me bitching about them bitching puts me in that same category. haha

Overall I'm loving the game and I thought the story was very cohesive and a ton of fun. I just ran my 2nd character through the main story and it was still fun and each of the steps made sense. Looking forward to doing the nightfall today and hopefully going to get my old raid group back together tomorrow to hit the new raid. Just a heads up the new raid will start at LL 260 and will end up at LL 280. I know it's "power level" rather than "light level" but I don't think I'll ever make that change in my head.

Ashton and ThulsaDooom like this.
  5. StabbyMcHatchet Add StabbyMcHatchet on Youtube Facebook & Twitter

StabbyMcHatchet
    The crybabies with entitlement issues will always squeak the loudest, Tanker. Fuck 'em.

ThulsaDooom and usmctanker242 like this.
  6. BjPenn2017 Purple Belt

BjPenn2017
    Yea I have a feeling any future updates are going to have a loot tweak that isn't in our favor. Also kinda dumb how you can roll up on a public event and just collect the loot after everyone else has done the work. You should have to participate in the event for like a minute or something to be eligible for any loot from it. My main gripe with destiny 1 was the loot system SUCKED. You could play for a week and not really get anything of note, then once you do it just turns out to be something you don't need or already have. Although I did get the Gallajhorn from like my 3rd raid.

7. ThulsaDooom Purple Belt

ThulsaDooom
    They better not nerf rewards because what the hell else is there to chase? People are never happy. 80 hours already? Jesus...those no lifers need to realize there will never be enough content when you spend that much time playing in a short amount of time. It's been less than a week since release lol. I can't stand it when players like that game the system by doing the powerful gear rewards then create a second and third and fourth or however many of the same class characters to farm those powerful gear rewards. You kind of lose the right to bitch about a "lack of content" when you cheat the system like that. I'll never understand the rush to max your light level. The game isn't going anywhere.

Complaining about the story in a shooter is laughable. The story isn't anything special and I think it was a tad too easy but the campaign isn't for those hardcore nerds. It had some great setpieces and some good moments from Cayde and the others. And it's also way, way less tedious to run a second and third character through compared to D1.

Besides the invisible Fallen boss strike, the strikes are all better than the ones in D1 with the Pyramidion (?) one being a huge highlight for me. I'm sure there are still secrets to be found out in the world and hopefully some hidden quests like The Black Spindle one.

Gregolian and usmctanker242 like this.
  8. BjPenn2017 Purple Belt

BjPenn2017
    Well if he can find the time to play that much Destiny he must be a loser with nothing better in his life. That's the only explanation I can think of for a guy who has spent like 3 solid 24 hour days in a week up.

ThulsaDooom likes this.
  9. usmctanker242 Black Belt

usmctanker242
    I was just chatting with him over on Reddit and he's a streamer. I get it... that's how they make money and good for them. My only reason for responding to him was that him posting negative shit kind of starts a chain reaction on group-think forums. Did anybody see that absolute shit-show about the shaders only being single-use items? You would have thought Bungie told everybody to go fuck themselves with how bad the absurd over-reaction got.

Streamers are great for the game but when they over-consume the content and then gripe about lack of content it's pretty silly. For a $60 game there is no way in hell Bungie, or any other studio, could ever produce enough content to keep those kinds of people occupied and satisfied.

ThulsaDooom likes this.
  10. usmctanker242 Black Belt

usmctanker242
    Apparently Bungie is removing a set of Hunter Gauntlets because they have the same design as the made up "Kekistan" shit that's all over the political news. LMAO

[​IMG]

Sauce :

Just read the replies. If this is true it's fucking hysterical. haha

BjPenn2017 likes this.
  11. usmctanker242 Black Belt

usmctanker242
    Fuck... maintenance extended for at lest another 2 hours. Oh well, looks like I'm not playing today. Now they're saying 2pm pacific as an estimated time of completion.

12. Gregolian .45 ACP

Gregolian
    FLOL at that Reddit saying they should nerf the loot system.

Bet those same people were bitching about the loot system in D1.

13. Eazy123 Brown Belt

Eazy123
    Why the fuck would you nerf the loot system? I think drops are pretty even. If anything exotics could be a bit more rare but I think that's fine as it is.

Maybe like someone else said, people dropping in at the tail end of events shouldn't get access unless maybe they at least have 5-10 kills. Having to be there for a full minute is too harsh.

Gregolian likes this.
  14. usmctanker242 Black Belt

usmctanker242
    I don't have issues with people dropping in late because who really cares? It doesn't hurt anybody if they get hooked up with a token. As far as the loot system I'm pretty surprised reading that people feel like it's "too rewarding." I don't know exactly how many public events I've done but it must be 50+ and not a single exotic, and maybe 2 legendary engrams. Others are talking about getting a legendary every 3rd or 4th and an exotic at least 1 out of 10. Maybe my RNG is just dogshit so far. haha

ThulsaDooom likes this.
  15. Gregolian .45 ACP

Gregolian
    I've had a single exotic drop and frankly most of the gear I am getting now power level isn't THAT much higher than what I have and it's mostly blue shit still.

16. BjPenn2017 Purple Belt

BjPenn2017
    Yah idk what the big deal is about shaders I have a shit ton of them and keep getting more and more. People will find anything to whine about this game is a great improvement over the first, like I said my fav thing that they improved was the fact the game actually respects your time.

usmctanker242 likes this.
  17. BjPenn2017 Purple Belt

BjPenn2017
    It's funny that the group theyre appealing too are a bunch of not only mentally weak but physically weak useless fairies, the actual losers of society. So many symbols in destiny look similar to this too so LOL

StabbyMcHatchet likes this.
  18. usmctanker242 Black Belt

usmctanker242
    @BjPenn2017

I didn't want to get into a political thing here, but I just found it funny that somehow that silly stuff ended up in the game. haha I can see why Bungie is working to get rid of it though as there's no need for it in the game.

BjPenn2017 likes this.
  19. Eazy123 Brown Belt

Eazy123
    [​IMG]

ThulsaDooom and usmctanker242 like this.
  20. BjPenn2017 Purple Belt

BjPenn2017
    I find it funny they're basically getting trolled by a pointless symbol of nothing. If theyre dumb enough to think it's a hate symbol.. there's no saving these people lmao

StabbyMcHatchet likes this.