Democracy doesn't work because most people are Stupid AF

Modern democracies are failing left and right. Banks own the people in places like Greece and it's democracy in name only. The ministers do exactly what bankers tell them to fuck the people. All these democracies will fail sooner or later for the simple reason the people we elect trade electoral popularity (low taxes and high spending) for future of country (debt). The attitude is they will be long gone when shit hits the fan.

I think monarchy has staying power - was proven so for 1000s of years. Whereby the sovereign has a vested interest in leaving his country better off because his heirs will inherit it.

We will see interesting history question since modern democracies are so new. I am a democrat in party and believer but not 100% sure it's best due to infancy historically speaking.

In the end might not matter at all because we are destroying planet and not listening to scientists so we might not even get to see full study on democracy. Oh wait...It's democracy that makes the death of expertise possible and may kill us all. I'm sure a king would listen to his scientists and not the rabble wanting 3 buck gas and 3 buck chickens.

Anyway point is democracy seems instant gratification for long term peril in my observation so far.

this is also a diary post.

and didn't answer my question. yes you mentioned monarchy, but did nothing to show it's a better alternative.

When pollsters asked voters at the polls in 2016 to name the three branches of government, a staggering 25-30% of voters got it wrong, and that is with them allowing leeway with answers (saying "president" instead of executive branch).

About half of the people polled could not name all the branches of the military. Some didn't even realize we had separate branches of the military. Many could not answer if we still have a draft. Some didn't know that the president is the commander and chief of the military.

Most of the people polled have no clue how congress works...about a third couldn't tell the difference between the House of Representatives and the senate. Some didn't even know there was two houses in congress...and over half couldn't name their OWN States representatives in congress.

In basic terms a very large chunk of the people deciding who should run our country knows absolutely nothing about it...it's honestly how we ended up with a presidential election between two candidates nobody respects

The overwhelming majority of the population are low IQ and extremely ignorant.

There are no qualifications of intelligence, education, knowledge or character on voting.

Which is probably why all the political system is an embarrassingly transparent puppet show where you can vote for Globalist Stooge #1 or Globalist Stooge #2, they are all high level, secret society criminal multi millionaires who say that they will continue the awful system but improve it slightly, then continue it while making it worse and people still vote for them every time.

Voter turnout is low because a lot of people don't even bother participating in this farcical system.

They rig the vote numbers too and everyone knows it but the public keep on voting.

Universal Suffrage democracy is a guaranteed fail system. Mentally retarded people can vote. Democracy = epic fail.

We give people a test on each ballot and if they can't pass their ballot doesn't count problem solved.

Democracy is fine. I feel like we should be voting directly for department heads. The idea that we need to pick one person to pick for us is archaic thinking to me. Still, have the Presidential race which most people will vote for, and have the DO_ elections as well. One of the side effects I'd think would be that most people that have no direct interest in certain areas won't vote in them.

Have merit based voting. Not just based on intelligence but on other factors like how invested you are in the country as well (own land, have kids, grew up in the country, etc.). Something like the following (obviously a very crude implementation):

Up to 5 points given for an exam covering economics, the American political system, world geopolitical issues, etc.
+2 points if you own land in the US
+2 points if you have kids that are citizens of the US
+1 point for every decade you've paid taxes in the US
-5 points if you've been convicted of a violent crime

Hopefully then people will be incentivized to do things that get them more points (which is good for the country), and further disincentivized from doing the bad things.

Have merit based voting. Not just based on intelligence but on other factors like how invested you are in the country as well (own land, have kids, grew up in the country, etc.). Something like the following (obviously a very crude implementation):

Up to 5 points given for an exam covering economics, the American political system, world geopolitical issues, etc.

Hopefully then people will be incentivized to do things that get them more points (which is good for the country), and further disincentivized from doing the bad things.

I don't support such a scheme, but I think it is an interesting idea.

There are no qualifications of intelligence, education, knowledge or character on voting.

Which is probably why all the political system is an embarrassingly transparent puppet show where you can vote for Globalist Stooge #1 or Globalist Stooge #2, they are all high level, secret society criminal multi millionaires who say that they will continue the awful system but improve it slightly, then continue it while making it worse and people still vote for them every time.

Voter turnout is low because a lot of people don't even bother participating in this farcical system.

They rig the vote numbers too and everyone knows it but the public keep on voting.

Universal Suffrage democracy is a guaranteed fail system. Mentally retarded people can vote. Democracy = epic fail.

the original constitution was pretty cool in this regard, imo. no direct voting for senate or president. for what its worth, plato also argued for a similar system. basically arguing that your average joe can easily be fooled or bribed, so complete and direct democracy is dangerous.

Democracy is doomed to fail because most people simply shouldn't have a say.

You should have to be 25 and up and own a house or land or a small business to vote.

You are 100 procent right. And the web/social media sure didnt help. Its getting worse and worse and we should search for an alternative for the current democracy. 80% of the population is toi stupid - and yes this is a global issue - and shouldnt be allowed to vote if you ask me.

Why should you have to own land to be able to vote?

Most people in metropolitan areas rent and don’t own land and they help pay for you broke ass losers down south who might own a shack in some backwater alley town

This is the only reason these people say this type of stuff because they know in big cities people rent and they don’t want these people voting.

In stupid countries yes. It works fine among intelligent people.

land ownership hey? Sure, as long as you lose points if you inherit/stand to inherit generational wealth. No use giving people more say just because their parents give them shit.

Democracy is fine. I feel like we should be voting directly for department heads. The idea that we need to pick one person to pick for us is archaic thinking to me. Still, have the Presidential race which most people will vote for, and have the DO_ elections as well. One of the side effects I'd think would be that most people that have no direct interest in certain areas won't vote in them.
I can get behind this. Sure, maybe it won't be the picks I want but i think even the other team's voters are less likely to pick unqualified billionaires or corporate officials than if the white house appoints them

Non elected officials are where elected officials that appoint them get to pay back lobbyists and donors by appointing insiders.

Posting a Stefan Molyneaux video and talking about people being low IQ aye?

<CroCop1>

This website is too good sometimes. This thread might be a painful lesson

I don’t think it’s fair to only let people vote, if they own land or have a high IQ... those people can still do and say unbelievable dumb shit.

If you really want a fair democratic system you should do a lottery of let’s say 100000 people over the general population so all walks of life are presented.

Next you should EDUCATE them for at least a month to explain all the details/ins and outs/consequences of the parties suggestions and plans for the upcoming period (ideally more than 2 parties so they have a variety to choose from, not just a batshit crazy old man and weird lady)

I bet that a lot of people who are educated about the consequences of their vote, will vote differently after a thorough training

Back