Democracy doesn't work because most people are Stupid AF

We dont have a democracy they just say that for stupid people. We have a representative republic. While members are elected by the people in most cases, save the federal courts branch, they act independently.

Probably too independently for most peoples taste since congress critters spend 75% of their time fund raising which largely comes from the rich/corps who they listen to and not people that elected them.

For example - virtually every democrat in the world wanted single payer like in Europe. But paid off democrats in congress and the president Obama shit canned it.

Last edited:
I suggested a crazy idea a while back where citizens should be required to pass a sat-style test to be qualified to vote, or must have a bachelors degree or above (on real fields).
Then you'd have to trusts the people administering the test to not make it biased against the opposing party. I would be in favor of only heads of household or those who pay income tax voting.

I am glad we don't have a pure democracy and instead have a constitutional representative republic with the electoral college there to keep a few major cities from deciding everything and forgetting the rest of the country. It also helps that the majority of imported votes from shitholes countries live mostly in a few places so someone can pander and win Cali by millions of votes and still lose the election.

Democracy doesn't work because human beings exist in a fallen state. The only government structure that can ever be successful is a Kingdom...with the Most High as King. Everything else will eventually fail.

Pure democracy suffers badly from the stupid factor, which is why the US is a representational democracy.

Even stupid people are pretty good at figuring out who the smartest and best leader of their little town should be... all mass-voting should stop right there, the rest should be representational.

It's far to easy for state and federal candidates to manipulate the masses, it's much harder to fool the people from your own community.

Democracy is working great in Europe. People are very happy with their political systems there compared to the US.

I just don't think that democracy works very well in culturally diverse societies because everyone just feels so differently about everything. The US is a very culturally diverse society and it's not a mistake that half the population feels enraged every time the other half gets control. Democracy doesn't work well in the ME or Muslim countries either where for example all the population is divided on Islamic religious grounds.

Well, the founding fathers never meant for everyone to vote. They would roll in their graves at universal suffrage and things we accept without question today, like income tax among a vast assortment of other taxes. Won't even get into the size of the federal government. They would weep.

Not surprising in a two-party system that you have one party fueled by people who they have purposely made dependent on big government.
The founding father also supported slavery and half of them would roll in their graves that black men are free. Not exactly role models to study for modern political ideals.

The founding father also supported slavery and half of them would roll in their graves that black men are free. Not exactly role models to study for modern political ideals.

True enough. But the issue is the idea of a limited central government and a free society. Even slavery was linked to that. They allowed the individual states to decide. Things like slavery and Indian removal was done at the behest of the people in the those areas, not big government interference. Slave laws applied the same to free black slave owners as white slave owners and Native American slave owners. There wasn't discrimination in federal law until the 20th century ironically.

Yeah man, this fucking bullshit is how Obama got elected. Only the stupidest people in the history of the world would put a guy like that in power.

True enough. But the issue is the idea of a limited central government and a free society. Even slavery was linked to that. They allowed the individual states to decide. Things like slavery and Indian removal was done at the behest of the people in the those areas, not big government interference. Slave laws applied the same to free black slave owners as white slave owners and Native American slave owners. There wasn't discrimination in federal law until the 20th century ironically.
Slavery is a free society? I get what you're saying, I used to be a libertarian into state's rights. But at some point you gotta realize you sound like you're in a cult or something lol. It's the right wing version of the crazy left saying crazy ideological bullshit.

The problem is, that democracies don't prepare the citizens for democracy.

They don't teach them how to participate in it, how to engage in local politicas....how/why is important...How citizens should be wary of political parties and don't blindly follow parties...etc

My public education covered those things.

The outcomes of democracy would significantly improve if citizens demanded candidates who demonstrated mastery in various areas of thought and study, instead of charismatic men who's primary verifiable skill is talking (See Trump; Trudeau).

Democracy doesn't work because human beings exist in a fallen state. The only government structure that can ever be successful is a Kingdom...with the Most High as King. Everything else will eventually fail.
I never took you as a monarchist

Well who was the stupid fuck that thought it was a good idea to give all of the regular folks all these rights?

The common man has grown accustomed to living a decent life, and it would be incredibly foolish for those in power to attempt to take that away.

What I'm trying to say is people aren't that stupid, so try not to worry to much.

Well who was the stupid fuck that thought it was a good idea to give all of the regular folks all these rights?

The common man has grown accustomed to living a decent life, and it would be incredibly foolish for those in power to attempt to take that away.

What I'm trying to say is people aren't that stupid, so try not to worry to much.

Why would those in power want to take away mass rights? The masses are imbeciles and manipulating them is like taking candy from a baby. The absolute best form of government for oligarchs/neofeudalist masters is Universal Suffrage democracy, they manipulate the masses into asking for what they the oligarchs want, do it, and then no one can argue because 'The people have spoken'. Any small minority of intelligent people who figure out what you're doing you just stampede the idiots over them. There's no legal, nonviolent way of shifting that system once you get it locked in.

And who pray tell is will be this King? And why not Queen?

Well, the founding fathers never meant for everyone to vote. They would roll in their graves at universal suffrage and things we accept without question today, like income tax among a vast assortment of other taxes. Won't even get into the size of the federal government. They would weep.

Not surprising in a two-party system that you have one party fueled by people who they have purposely made dependent on big government.
It may surprise you to learn that Alexander Hamilton, the spiritual father of the Republican party, would most certainly NOT weep at the size of the federal government.

Did you want to offer up a better alternative to democracy?

Otherwise, this is more of a diary entry.

Back