Elections Democracy’s appeal is slipping as nations across much of the world hold elections, a poll finds

And it should be made very clear that the main reason folks who don't trust vote counters have doubts is because the Republican Party realized that it cannot win many more democratic elections and is sowing those doubts.

This lack of trust isn't some innocent trend, it's mostly the result of the GOP cynically talking out of both sides of its mouth.
They're both puppets of the Oligarchy bro. The Democrats take you to the Puppetmasters' destination at 60mph and the Republicans take you there at 40mph.

They're both puppets of the Oligarchy bro. The Democrats take you to the Puppetmasters' destination at 60mph and the Republicans take you there at 40mph.
This is babble and not serious discussion of American politics lol. You can criticize both parties and use actual logic and well informed reasoning. Or you can do what you're doing I suppose.

I swear, everyone complaining about how their vote means nothing sounds like they skip local elections. The lack of serious solutions to big political problems is also quite telling.

A lot of people agree. There are often more people eligible to vote, who don't vote, than vote for the election winners. Also in the First Past the Post system, if your vote wasn't for the winning party it is literally ignored. Leaving aside the issue that a lot of people don't trust the vote counters.

As Ken Livingston infamously said,

"If voting changed anything, governments would abolish it"

Because it's not a democracy anymore. It's a highly managed system out of which the citizens are mostly locked out of and the choice is pre-decided. Voting is not really a citizen choice but a formality for the intertwined systems of unelected power to maintain the illusion. I can't think of one country with meaningful democracy.
Agree. A system should be incorporated, by which legislation is passed through popular vote.
Like that ‘popular sovereignty’ concept that Stephen Douglas once spoke of.

While we can’t do much about Russia, China, n Korea etc

We can and should demand more democratic norms from our so called allies like India and others. Indias neighbours in Bangladesh and Pakistan all are authoritarian establishment led too. We should revisit our regional policy. Just cause we are trying to counter China doesn’t mean we turn these obviously not loyal allies into the next China.

You're right in the sense that none of them give a fuck about us.

However, I'm not being partisan at all. You can objectively point out that some things are worse than others, which you seem to be incapable of doing.

You think that fucking gender identity issues are on an equal playing ground with blocking ballot initiatives simply because they knew they were going to lose.

Whether you agree with gender shit or not (I don't really give af either way myself), objectively speaking, by blocking ballot initiatives that people in your state clearly support, you are subverting the will of the people.

You are projecting your own partisan bullshit onto others who realize this. Just because Dems and Republicans are both dogshit, it doesn't mean that the dogshit is equal. One pile of shit can be bigger and stinkier than the other.

At this point, Republicans are forcing unpopular legislation down the throats of the vast majority of America. We see things like marijuana legalization and abortion right overwhelmingly win ballot initiatives in even of the deepest red states at this point, and you would rather cry about gender identity and vote for Republican stooges that flat out refuse to let you vote on an issue.
Hypocricy at it;s finest. We have had a Dem in office for 4 years. Care to discuss what those policies have done for America? Why do mention Republican Voter reform and nor mention things that have damaged our cities like Bail reform, open borders where Gang Menbers are being let in by the 100s. Fentanyl being brought over the border in numbers that has caused the death toll to Quadruple during Bidens presidency. What about things that Newsome has done to his cities with legalized shoplifting and squatters rights? You arer just too blind to see who is doing the damage. You don't care as long as it's the Dems doing it.

Hypocricy at it;s finest. We have had a Dem in office for 4 years. Care to discuss what those policies have done for America? Why do mention Republican Voter reform and nor mention things that have damaged our cities like Bail reform, open borders where Gang Menbers are being let in by the 100s. Fentanyl being brought over the border in numbers that has caused the death toll to Quadruple during Bidens presidency. What about things that Newsome has done to his cities with legalized shoplifting and squatters rights? You arer just too blind to see who is doing the damage. You don't care as long as it's the Dems doing it.

Shitty policy is shitty policy.

Only one of the parties is trying to strip away your voting rights. Only one of the parties attempted to circumvent election results (and they've tried to do it twice in the last 24 years, once successfully and once unsuccessfully).

You are literally complaining about a few crumbs on the floor instead focusing on who's dropping shit everywhere on your carpet.

You acting like California is some unhabitable shit hole is a joke when you compare it to basically every fucking red state in the country 😂😂😂

Want to comment on Alabama's latest ruling on embryos as being children? How about what the justice wrote about the ruling and how he invoked the Bible as part of the basis as his ruling?

You people are fucking insane and there isn't a "bOTh SiDeS" you can pull out of your ass that is going to make Democrats as extreme as the stupid shit republicans are voting for at this point.

Edit: I also have to ask, how do you feel about the GOP blocking bi-partisan legislation for the border since you are complaining about "open borders"....this is probably the most right wing bill that I can ever remember being introduced for border legislation and is a major win for conservative party policy wise..... however, the Trump sect of the party has blocked it. Why is that? Do you feel like it makes sense to complain about the border when the guy you are going to vote for is actively making the border situation worse so he can run in an election on it? Hilarious that you can call me a hypocrite then parrot that stupid shit a few lines down.

Last edited:
Back