Awesome Sequence from DC vs. Volkan, DC Eats Volkans Shots and Keeps Coming Forward

tenor.gif

Bunch of fellow losers hyping up DC. The man will always be known for finishing in 2nd place. Paper belt or not.
Say no to drugs.

Volkan actually looked way better the first minute or two of the fight and connected even more than this if memory serves, but DC got through it like a champ and beat the tar out of him.

DC is definitely top 5 all-time for me.

I'm not here to argue.
Here's what I think will happen-
Stipe pieces him up on the feet (Golden Gloves). DC panic wrestles. DC may be able to get some success on the takedowns. Stipe is no amateur on the ground like Volkan though. As soon as it stands again, Stipe works him on the feet. I predict a doctor stoppage rd. 4.
Complete shot in the dark, but that's what I see is the most likely outcome.
This is all entirely plausible (although I hope not). But can a 2x Olympic wrestler ever truly “panic wrestle”? Lol
After seeing DC manage distance well on the feet against Jones prior to the KO, I have hope for him on the feet vs Stipe

Very solid list. Talib and Mos were both at their peaks on the Black Star album... so sick. Same with red and meth being at their peaks on the blackout! Album. I love method man, but I think Raekwon, Ghostface & GZA are all better lyricists - meth just had that silky smooth delivery to draw you in
Boy we got off topic here didn’t we?
shit that Black Star album is a classic. wish they did some kind of reunion, with pre-Kardashian Kanye producing
yea Meth's delivery is one of the best in the game, all time.

oh yea...the thread.
1:10-1:34. even Rumble can't hate

This is all entirely plausible (although I hope not). But can a 2x Olympic wrestler ever truly “panic wrestle”? Lol
After seeing DC manage distance well on the feet against Jones prior to the KO, I have hope for him on the feet vs Stipe
Has DC fought a HW with Stipe's boxing?
Edit: looks like Roy is the best

I definitely agree that in terms of his championship resume, he doesn't measure up to a lot of people.

But Fedor is in the goat category and I think DC is a far better fighter than he. I firmly believe that DC would've beaten everyone Fedor beat majority of the time. I think DC would beat him if they fought. So if Fedor's in the category (even though his championship resume is light), I can't say DC shouldn't be there. That would mean we're looking too much on championships or (in Fedor's case) win streaks, and not looking enough at who's actually better.

DC is one of the most skilled, complete guys we've ever seen and he can contend for titles as a soft LHW and even at HW. I think he's best at HW. I would agree right now he shouldn't be in that category, but he might be one day, and my big four in the GOAT talk doesn't include Fedor either.
Agree with all of this

Has DC fought a HW with Stipe's boxing?
Edit: looks like Roy is the best
No he hasn’t. Stipe’s boxing is great and somehow it still may be underrated. Honestly when I think of Rumble and Bones I think more “striking” than pure technical boxing. I was just using Jones as an example because his frame is that of a HW even if he is probably 20lbs lighter than Stipe will be on fight night. If DC was able to do well on the feet against Jones I don’t see why he can’t be successful against stipe is my point.

No he hasn’t. Stipe’s boxing is great and somehow it still may be underrated. Honestly when I think of Rumble and Bones I think more “striking” than pure technical boxing. I was just using Jones as an example because his frame is that of a HW even if he is probably 20lbs lighter than Stipe will be on fight night. If DC was able to do well on the feet against Jones I don’t see why he can’t be successful against stipe is my point.
I see you're from South Carolina. I grew up in Irmo, outside of Columbia. Who do you got this weekend? I think WB humiliates him.

I see you're from South Carolina. I grew up in Irmo, outside of Columbia. Who do you got this weekend? I think WB humiliates him.
Lol what do u think? Of course WB is gonna cruise. I actually grew up with the Thompson’s. Took karate at upstate when I was young, and went to HS with Stephens youngest brother (we did track together and he dated a good friend of mine for a little while). Great people who deserve all the success they’ve gotten

Lol what do u think? Of course WB is gonna cruise. I actually grew up with the Thompson’s. Took karate at upstate when I was young, and went to HS with Stephens youngest brother (we did track together and he dated a good friend of mine for a little while). Great people who deserve all the success they’ve gotten
Go to Carowinds for me. Haven't been there since I was 10.

Insiders from Volkan's camp claimed that he sustained an injury to his ACL before the fight, yet he said nothing about it, despite the fact that he doesn't seem like the humble type.

After DC vacates the lightheavyweight belt, because he can barely carry the other one, he'll have another shot.

Very solid list. Talib and Mos were both at their peaks on the Black Star album... so sick. Same with red and meth being at their peaks on the blackout! Album. I love method man, but I think Raekwon, Ghostface & GZA are all better lyricists - meth just had that silky smooth delivery to draw you in
Boy we got off topic here didn’t we?

Black on Both Sides is one of my fav rap albums. So good

SingleShortEmperorshrimp-max-1mb.gif

GOAT's doing GOAT things.

tenor.gif

Bunch of fellow losers hyping up DC. The man will always be known for finishing in 2nd place. Paper belt or not.
When it's all said and done, his only loss will have been to a proven steroid user. A loss that will only count to losers like yourself.

Respect the GOAT DC, he'd smack you on the way to a fight.

lyricists: (old school) JayZ, (old) Nas, Rakim, Em, Pun, Biggie, KRS - in no particular order
honorable mention to Talib Kweli, Black Thought, Mos Def, Busta, Method Man

LOL a@ putting Jay Z before Nas. Also Double LOL at not mentioning AZ, the only guy who could hang lyrically with Nas.

Lol stop it. He's great fighter but resume wise he's certainly not in the GOAT category. Far too little accomplishments. We are talking about a guy with the same amount of title defences as Edgar, Woodley, Benson, Weidman, etc.

If he beats Stipe we can start talking.

I was more talking names on his list than accomplishments.

Barnett, Bigfoot, Mir, Big Country, Hendo, Gus, Rumble (x2), Anderson Silva, all very, very respectable names. Most of those fights were shut outs too.

The only people to give him real trouble are Jones (obviously) and Gus.

Back