Awesome Sequence from DC vs. Volkan, DC Eats Volkans Shots and Keeps Coming Forward

also, Drago Volkov would wreck DC. This is not Strikeforce and DC has no business at HW.

20140518103913_1DX_7259.JPG
DC is a horrible matchup for Volkov. Volkov's poor TDD means he'd just get bullied by the superior wrestler. There are hard fights for DC at HW, Volkov is not one of them. DC would take him down at will.

Someone like Overeem or the Werdum who fought Cain would be very difficult fights for DC. Stipe will also likely be tough.

I've only been a hardcore MMA fan for 3 years, so I have limited experience in live events (have ordered 75% of PPV's since 194), but am a total sports fanatic - love basketball, football, baseball, boxing & swimming. The reason that I mention this is because UFC 214 was (outside of any NBA finals including Lebron James) my most anticipated sporting event EVER. Jones vs. DC had everything you want in a high level sporting event, and I really thought he was gonna do it. I watched it with my brother and GF, and when Rogan shockingly went over to talk to DC I remember just muttering at my TV "I don't wanna see this shit..." - I was so hurt. Good to see DC getting his due around here after years of hate.
i was a big boxing/basketball fan, and a casual football fan, but once I got into MMA everything just paled in comparison.

that, and the knicks haven't been worth a damn in forever.

and yes, that post fight interview was unbearable. i was actually watching it with my father who i try to watch most events with as he's grown older and it's one of the few things we have in common. he's doesn't have the best memory and only remembers a few fighters (Jon Jones, BJ, Anderson Silva, GSP) In short he remembers only the winners, but after that fight, showing how broken DC was afterwards, he now remembers "Cormier," and even says his name correctly. DC has always worn his heart on his sleeve and gained respect even in defeat, and grown men know you only cry like that when you are utterly devastated. my guess is most of the hate he got was from kids or immature assholes.

plus, rip big pun.

Volkan was landing clean on DC early. If DC comes out with lazy defence and wings punches like that he will get slept.

Lol stop it. He's great fighter but resume wise he's certainly not in the GOAT category. Far too little accomplishments. We are talking about a guy with the same amount of title defences as Edgar, Woodley, Benson, Weidman, etc.

If he beats Stipe we can start talking.
I definitely agree that in terms of his championship resume, he doesn't measure up to a lot of people.

But Fedor is in the goat category and I think DC is a far better fighter than he. I firmly believe that DC would've beaten everyone Fedor beat majority of the time. I think DC would beat him if they fought. So if Fedor's in the category (even though his championship resume is light), I can't say DC shouldn't be there. That would mean we're looking too much on championships or (in Fedor's case) win streaks, and not looking enough at who's actually better.

DC is one of the most skilled, complete guys we've ever seen and he can contend for titles as a soft LHW and even at HW. I think he's best at HW. I would agree right now he shouldn't be in that category, but he might be one day, and my big four in the GOAT talk doesn't include Fedor either.

i was a big boxing/basketball fan, and a casual football fan, but once I got into MMA everything just paled in comparison.

that, and the knicks haven't been worth a damn in forever.

and yes, that post fight interview was unbearable. i was actually watching it with my father who i try to watch most events with as he's grown older and it's one of the few things we have in common. he's doesn't have the best memory and only remembers a few fighters (Jon Jones, BJ, Anderson Silva, GSP) In short he remembers only the winners, but after that fight, showing how broken DC was afterwards, he now remembers "Cormier," and even says his name correctly. DC has always worn his heart on his sleeve and gained respect even in defeat, and grown men know you only cry like that when you are utterly devastated. my guess is most of the hate he got was from kids or immature assholes.

plus, rip big pun.
I've never understood the criticism of his crying. If someone can't understand that type of reaction (not to mention he was concussed - anyone remember Luke Keuchly sobbing on the field after being concussed a couple years back?) then they have never put their heart and soul into something IMO. It honestly made me respect him even more.
To go back to MMA vs. other sports: Other pro sports are more consistent in their entertainment value IMO... but at it's best MMA gives me more adrenaline and euphoria than anything else in the sporting world.
Way to recognize Pun, Gods recognize Gods - IMO the second greatest lyricist ever behind Eminem.

Easily the GOAT LHW. No doubt in my mind

A loss to a serial juicehead doesn't count

DC is a horrible matchup for Volkov. Volkov's poor TDD means he'd just get bullied by the superior wrestler. There are hard fights for DC at HW, Volkov is not one of them. DC would take him down at will.

Someone like Overeem or the Werdum who fought Cain would be very difficult fights for DC. Stipe will also likely be tough.
DC is not a heavyweight. you are thinking in terms of his LHW fights. most UFC HW will wreck DC - again, this isn't an old strikeforce tourney.

DC is not a heavyweight. you are thinking in terms of his LHW fights. most UFC HW will wreck DC - again, this isn't an old strikeforce tourney.
Volkov lost a round to Roy Nelson because he couldn't stop the takedown. He was getting taken down by Werdum.

DC can take him down at will. Volkov needs better TDD to beat elite wrestlers.

Who else here thinks DC beats Juiceless Jones or a Jones that does not have 'a 4 year old girl t levels'? Jones passed every drug test in his life but failed every one when he had to fight D.C. Homie is shook A.F.

I've never understood the criticism of his crying. If someone can't understand that type of reaction (not to mention he was concussed - anyone remember Luke Keuchly sobbing on the field after being concussed a couple years back?) then they have never put their heart and soul into something IMO. It honestly made me respect him even more.
To go back to MMA vs. other sports: Other pro sports are more consistent in their entertainment value IMO... but at it's best MMA gives me more adrenaline and euphoria than anything else in the sporting world.
Way to recognize Pun, Gods recognize Gods - IMO the second greatest lyricist ever behind Eminem.
lyricists: (old school) JayZ, (old) Nas, Rakim, Em, Pun, Biggie, KRS - in no particular order
honorable mention to Talib Kweli, Black Thought, Mos Def, Busta, Method Man

lyricists: (old school) JayZ, (old) Nas, Rakim, Em, Pun, Biggie, KRS - in no particular order
honorable mention to Talib Kweli, Black Thought, Mos Def, Busta, Method Man
Very solid list. Talib and Mos were both at their peaks on the Black Star album... so sick. Same with red and meth being at their peaks on the blackout! Album. I love method man, but I think Raekwon, Ghostface & GZA are all better lyricists - meth just had that silky smooth delivery to draw you in
Boy we got off topic here didn’t we?

It won't be enough...

I'm not here to argue.
Here's what I think will happen-
Stipe pieces him up on the feet (Golden Gloves). DC panic wrestles. DC may be able to get some success on the takedowns. Stipe is no amateur on the ground like Volkan though. As soon as it stands again, Stipe works him on the feet. I predict a doctor stoppage rd. 4.
Complete shot in the dark, but that's what I see as the most likely outcome.

Last edited:
R..remember the time he uppercutted bigface in the clinch and he dropped like a sniper shot hit him?
gus took those shots and was still standing?? how is that possible? anyway yes dc is a monster. apparently he lifted Schaub over his head and slammed him with no effort in training.

I'm not here to argue.
Here's what I think will happen-
Stipe pieces him up on the feet (Golden Gloves). DC panic wrestles. DC may be able to get some success on the takedowns. Stipe is no amateur on the ground like Volkan though. As soon as it stands again, Stipe works him on the feet. I predict a doctor stoppage rd. 4.
Complete shot in the dark, but that's what I see is the most likely outcome.

Fair enough.

From my angle, if Stipe gets rocked by Struve, DC is gonna chin check him something fierce....

I guess we'll find out soon enough....One of the best scraps of the year!

gus took those shots and was still standing?? how is that possible? anyway yes dc is a monster. apparently he lifted Schaub over his head and slammed him with no effort in training.
The shots ultimatley dictated the win for dc tho. Put gus on his bike.

Back