Are MLS (soccer players) better paid than UFC fighters? Salaries inside

and mls is filled with washed up legends in their late 30s. These guys you made twice that money in their prime.

That being said, soccer has been around for centuries. Its damn difficult to make it into pro level and the talent pool is so deep that you really need to be damn good to make it. You will never see a guy picking up soccer at 20 and ending up in real Madrid.

I think that was the point. everyone knows "big league" soccer players make more than UFC fighters. I believe his point was even the "minor league" players make more.
<mma4>, didn't even realise that point of this thread lol

Give me the top 5 mls salary and UFC salary. See who wins. Since UFC wins why would the guys making less want less if they could make More in the UFC.

Assumptions being made are just wrong.

I think that was the point. everyone knows "big league" soccer players make more than UFC fighters. I believe his point was even the "minor league" players make more.
I thought the point was mls makes more. If any mls player can be making Conor money why aren't they.

Yeah let's go ahead and compare apples to oranges
apples and oranges are fruits, if you wanna pick two things that have nothing in common you should choose like a remote control and a fragrance.

Respectfully, you are way off base. The car sales analogy is misguided when considering professional sports.
UFC fighters are not paid relative to their ability to sell a good gate in random cities they book in their 30+ event schedule.

Zuffa makes their money primarily from broadcast rights, and to a lesser and lesser extent, PPV sales. The new deal with Fox, rumored to already be done, should be in the neighborhood of 3-4x the previous deal.

The hundreds of millions of dollars in guaranteed revenues from broadcast rights is the business model. The only thing the UFC has to charge broadcast fees for are fighters.

MLS sells a lot more tickets than the UFC, likely an order of magnitude more. They lose over 100 million a year, and the UFC makes well over 100 million a year. The reason is people will pay to watch it on television.

Even using the super car salesman analogy doesn't fit with what the major leagues are doing. In major league sports there is some sort of revenue sharing system (eg MLB's central fund or football's equal sharing of broadcast money among teams) which rewards lagging teams in small markets to allow them to survive.

UFC's tight squeezing of nearly every fighter except the very top elites is killing the quality the sport by pushing away good fighters to lesser promotions or into early retirements since the reward just isn't there and fighters can go into the red after accounting for training and preparation expenses in the 'major league' of MMA.

This are the top MLS earners.(year salary)

(Wtf is Michael Bradley doing there?)

So the MLS has 28 players making over 1 million a year. Are the 10 or so UFC champions making over a million?

The lowest salary is 53000 a year and those are players that really dont see much action.

As I don't live in the US my question is what is more popular MLS or the UFC?

Do you think UFC could guarantee 53000 to the lowest earning fighters as the MLS does to its 600 players?

Also what is selling better? The MLS jerseys or the UFC reebok fight gear.

You are stupid and your post is fucking retarded.

MLS players play 34 games per season according to google, average ufc fighters fight 2-4 times per year yet you're trying to compare "salaries" between a sport that pays one and another that does not.

Get a clue ffs.

The only reason why Kaka, Pirlo, Giovinco, Schweinsteiger and all those guys are playing in the US it's because they are getting paid a lot more money than they currently deserve, they are at the end of their career and no top team in Europe is willing to waste money on old players.

But yeah, mma fighters are severely underpaid, but those soccer players are overpaid.

they deserve the money. pirlo could still play for italy (national team) and juventus ... theres a reason, why most people think, that pirlo is like a red whine o_O Buffon (40 years old) is still top 3 ... he probably will leave football after the world cup 2018 :eek: because theres another guy, whos 18 years old, thats why he will leave, so he can get experience etc.... imo buffon could still play for another 5-7 years.

It's a sport played by more people than any other, so if you're a pro you're competing against hundreds of millions of other people. In mma you have a few thousand competitors.

apples and oranges are fruits, if you wanna pick two things that have nothing in common you should choose like a remote control and a fragrance.

Yeah but they're sports, so they have something significant in common.

Ridiculous.
US sports viewing is very much star driven.

MLS is like AA ball, I'm shocked that those dudes are getting paid that well.
giphy.gif

zuffa have been robbing the ufc fighters for years

so no surprise

and you got the clueless idiots blaming WME/Reebok

when it was actually Zuffa that took home that 70m

And the MLS is a bum league for semi-retired pros and D-Level soccer players. Let that sink in.

Not surprising. Soccer players are the most talented athletes on earth, even on a not so traditional football country like the USA.

Kaká for instance is a legit A-level athlete, blessed with god-tier genetics and skills. He could definitely make a UFC title run, if he were so inclined

kaka-boxe.png

They're also legitimate pussies

That being said, soccer has been around for centuries. Its damn difficult to make it into pro level and the talent pool is so deep that you really need to be damn good to make it. You will never see a guy picking up soccer at 20 and ending up in real Madrid.

Lol, so true.

By comparison, Bethe Correia was an accountant that had never trained MMA, or martial arts, before being 26yo, didn't have any sport background, and, being scrappy aside, doesn't have elite genetics.

She somehow climbed up to getting title shot in the top tier MMA organization, and yet the girl who beat her is thought to be a "once ever" athlete. What a joke.

If that were the talent pool in other fields, I'd be Elon Musk, Tom Brady and Rocco Siffredi all at the same time barely breaking a sweat.

Last edited:
Back