Are MLS (soccer players) better paid than UFC fighters? Salaries inside

giphy.gif
That's why MM draws so well right... it's all about the sport.

Dumbass.

Bradley wright Phillips is making 6 figures in America

I don't wanna live on this planet anymore

<45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45>

im gonna have to agree with @20falarVerdades on the sheer fact that its the sport thats the most famous and probably most played in the world. talent pool gonna be huge.

They're also legitimate pussies
This is the stupidest misconception about soccer and basketball players. They flop to game the rules and deceive the refs for the benefit of their team, not because they're "pussies". This is no different from fighters faking eyepokes, low blows, or doing that lame "fingers on the floor" move to avoid knees to head.

The most retarded thing about MMA fans is how they somehow think they're tougher than other sports fans (hell even pro athletes of other sports) because they watch cagefighting. This is why we're the laughingstock of sports fandom. Utterly embarrassing.

This are the top MLS earners.(year salary)

View attachment 264701
(Wtf is Michael Bradley doing there?)

So the MLS has 28 players making over 1 million a year. Are the 10 or so UFC champions making over a million?

View attachment 264699

The lowest salary is 53000 a year and those are players that really dont see much action.

View attachment 264705

As I don't live in the US my question is what is more popular MLS or the UFC?

Do you think UFC could guarantee 53000 to the lowest earning fighters as the MLS does to its 600 players?

Also what is selling better? The MLS jerseys or the UFC reebok fight gear.
MLS has all the advantages that go along with league sports: more games, city-loyalty, etc. Branding is easy as hell when people are rooting essentially for their home. I feel like soccer has gotten bigger in the US over the last decade or so, but it's still way behind baseball, basketball, football, and even hockey. (I live in the North , so maybe hockey isn't popular in the south).

MMA has to have big fights because people aren't rooting for their city; they must be interested int he fighter and usually even the fight matchup. Put on a piss poor MLS match and it could still sell out. Put on a card of subpar matchups in MMA and even the hardcore fans won't buy.

That said, MMA has also been creeping closer to the mainstream as well.

This is the stupidest misconception about soccer and basketball players. They flop to game the rules and deceive the refs for the benefit of their team, not because they're "pussies". This is no different from fighters faking eyepokes, low blows, or doing that lame "fingers on the floor" move to avoid knees to head.

The most retarded thing about MMA fans is how they somehow think they're tougher than other sports fans (hell even pro athletes of other sports) because they watch cagefighting. This is why we're the laughingstock of sports fandom. Utterly embarrassing.
No one is calling soccer fans pussies, just soccer players.

Soccer hooligans probably have the reputation for being the toughest fans out there. Soccer players? Not so much.
iu

lol MLS is a bottom of the barrel sport in the US too

54,000 at LA Galaxy stadium, 65,000 at the Atlanta stadium. For one match. Da fuq are you on about? MLS is one of the fastest growing sport in this country.

Without diving into the stupid "who is more athletic" argument - soccer is more popular. So soccer players make more money.

MMA is not a team sport

Don't compare it to one

I don't like soccer, I don't follow soccer. But I come from Croatia where soccer is like the most important thing that was ever creted.

Our soccer league is pure shit, but players in like third-fourth league can earn 500-700$ a mont for just to come and play for the weeked after their regular jobs.

I'm from a small town were 30 000 people live, and our club is in the First national league. Starting sallary for a guy you never heard of and you will never hear of is about 1500$ a month. Avarage pay here is 750$.

So that how much are making some no name guys. Top guys in Croatia are making milions, and still you will never hear of them.
On what level of MMA should you be to make 2000$ netto a month?

Soccer is the most popular sport in the world. MMA cant even compare.

Cro Cop made shit ton of money - but Luka Modrić earns in 1 year more in Real Madrid that he will make his whole life.

54,000 at LA Galaxy stadium, 65,000 at the Atlanta stadium. For one match. Da fuq are you on about? MLS is one of the fastest growing sport in this country.

What does size of stadium have to do with anything. MLS is bottom of the barrel in north american pro sports leagues. Their revenue is significantly lower than the NFL NHL NBA and MLB that's not arguable

Are you on mushrooms?

Conor is from Ireland and Aldo is from Brazil. They sold out their show with the second highest recorded gate in UFC history. Two 'foreigners' fighting in the USA. Nobody cares about country of origin in fighting.

Regarding MLS, its far and away the least popular professional sport here. If you showed up at my office tomorrow and offered $10,000 cash if anyone could name a SINGLE professional soccer player in the MLS, no one would win. We have an MLS team nearby and I honestly can't even recall the name of the team.

Americans are obsessed with the NFL and college football.

Yeah but they sold out like what...15-20 thousand people? That would be like a really poorly visited soccer mach in brasil or in most european countries.

2014-03-23-16-19-9831-.jpg

This is Croatian league soccer match. If UFC could sould out entire stadiums believe me, they would.

This are the top MLS earners.(year salary)

View attachment 264701
(Wtf is Michael Bradley doing there?)

So the MLS has 28 players making over 1 million a year. Are the 10 or so UFC champions making over a million?

View attachment 264699

The lowest salary is 53000 a year and those are players that really dont see much action.

View attachment 264705

As I don't live in the US my question is what is more popular MLS or the UFC?

Do you think UFC could guarantee 53000 to the lowest earning fighters as the MLS does to its 600 players?

Also what is selling better? The MLS jerseys or the UFC reebok fight gear.

Under the new minimum UFC contracts, new fighters are paid $12,000 show/$12,000 win and a $2,500 Reebok payment with a three fights per year guaranteed. That means a new or low-tier/prelim fighter will make a minimum of $43,500 (if he/she loses all three fights) and $79,500 (if he/she wins all three fights). This does not include any fight card bonuses (e.g., fight of the night, performance of the night). Naturally, the average UFC fighter pay is much higher than what new fighters receive.

What does size of stadium have to do with anything. MLS is bottom of the barrel in north american pro sports leagues. Their revenue is significantly lower than the NFL NHL NBA and MLB that's not arguable

Because MLS hasn't been around nearly as long as sports like those that have been around for 100s of years in this country and longer. MLS is only 23 years old roughly compared to football, hockey and baseball that have ties to the 19th century. Atlanta United is barely in it's 3rd season in the MLS and has 64,000 people on average attending matches. UFC can't even do that at a PPV in New York. Viewership is up, sponsors are coming in left and right and European stars are coming over and adding to the value of the league. You're painfully out of touch with 2017 and how popular soccer is in this country. Go back to your NFL network where you know something, this ain't for you, son.

LOL I absolutely love the soccer threads on here, fat boys with no coordination in their feet come in and cry, throw fits and lose sleep

It's a fucking travesty that there is a soccer audience in North America

People should be ashamed

Theres a reason why UFC sold for 4 billion+. MLS is basically a joke here in the states. No one watches it. They dont have ppv. UFC is much more popular, have a ppv model and bring in more money than what MLS brings in compared to what each company pays their athletes.

Back