Are MLS (soccer players) better paid than UFC fighters? Salaries inside

Those guys have to perform 90 minutes a game 30 times a year.

Therefore they get paid for roughly 2700 minutes a year.

So compare the top guy, who got 7 million, for 2700 minutes of work

versus Ronda Rousey who got 3 million for 48 seconds of work
Ronda is in the apex org. MLS is shit tier.

UFC's neck and neck brah

dana-white-money.jpg

I'm not surprised that Kaka, Pirlo or Villa are making millions..

But American soccer players making millions? I didn't even know they existed...

that's shocking honestly. Even people who like soccer in the US don't watch MLS, I've never even seen it on television.

Majority of the high profile players in MLS go there when their careers are coming to an end.. they earn pennies compared to major European leagues.

I live in the US and I don't think I know anyone that watches MLS. Where the hell are you guys getting the impression that it's more popular here than the UFC?

UFC payout is bad because it's a monopsony and they can get away with. Not because it's not popular

Majority of the high profile players in MLS go there when their careers are coming to an end.. they earn pennies compared to major European leagues.

they should go to china ... more money as i know, thats what most "old" soccer player do. they offered cristiano ronaldo 75millions/year

I live in the US and I don't think I know anyone that watches MLS. Where the hell are you guys getting the impression that it's more popular here than the UFC?

UFC payout is bad because it's a monopsony and they can get away with. Not because it's not popular
I lived in Southfield Michigan for two years recently and soccer is popular in Michigan; but they all watch international soccer. No one cares about MLS.

I lived in Southfield Michigan for two years recently and soccer is popular in Michigan; but they all watch international soccer. No one cares about MLS.
Yeah I know a few people that watch international but literally no one that watches mls

Anyone saying it's more popular than the UFC here is a serious goober

Yeah I know a few people that watch international but literally no one that watches mls

Anyone saying it's more popular than the UFC here is a serious goober
comparing revenue is ridiculous. UFC is set to put on 39 events this year. MLS has 22 teams which play 34 regular season games each plus the playoffs (I had to look those numbers up).

Here, in Europe, soccer is fucking popular. Much more popular than mma, unfortunately.

And the best players are paid by tens of million dollars. Ronaldo makes almost 100 millions per year, with the endorsements. No, not Reebok. I did not know Pirlo plays in US. The man was a great player when he was young.

The only reason why Kaka, Pirlo, Giovinco, Schweinsteiger and all those guys are playing in the US it's because they are getting paid a lot more money than they currently deserve, they are at the end of their career and no top team in Europe is willing to waste money on old players.

But yeah, mma fighters are severely underpaid, but those soccer players are overpaid.

Old A level athletes make more money than C level athletes.

Not surprising. Soccer players are the most talented athletes on earth, even on a not so traditional football country like the USA.

Kaká for instance is a legit A-level athlete, blessed with god-tier genetics and skills. He could definitely make a UFC title run, if he were so inclined

kaka-boxe.png

beautiful man

Actually those are pretty low numbers for a soccer player.
I think that was the point. everyone knows "big league" soccer players make more than UFC fighters. I believe his point was even the "minor league" players make more.

Back