Are MLS (soccer players) better paid than UFC fighters? Salaries inside

54,000 at LA Galaxy stadium, 65,000 at the Atlanta stadium. For one match. Da fuq are you on about? MLS is one of the fastest growing sport in this country.

First of all the LA Galaxy stadium only holds 27,000, their average attendance is 22,000.

There's only TWO teams in the entire country that average more than 30,000 people per game and that's Atlanta and Seattle. The majority of the league averages NBA or NHL arena numbers in larger outdoor stadiums.

They have the smallest revenue and yearly attendance of any major professional sport in the country. They are nowhere near the NFL, NBA, MLB, or NHL

So even if it is the "fastest growing sport" doesn't magically mean it's not bottom of the barrel. It's 100% bottom of the barrel in American sports, which is what I said and what you're arguing against.

Look at the yearly attendance of the sports leagues in America for example

MLB - 73 million
NBA - 22 million
NHL - 21 million
NFL - 17 million

MLS - 7 million lol

Because MLS hasn't been around nearly as long as sports like those that have been around for 100s of years in this country and longer. MLS is only 23 years old roughly compared to football, hockey and baseball that have ties to the 19th century. Atlanta United is barely in it's 3rd season in the MLS and has 64,000 people on average attending matches. UFC can't even do that at a PPV in New York. Viewership is up, sponsors are coming in left and right and European stars are coming over and adding to the value of the league. You're painfully out of touch with 2017 and how popular soccer is in this country. Go back to your NFL network where you know something, this ain't for you, son.

and what does any of this have to do with MLS not being bottom of the barrel? It still is lol a quarter center after starting.....still BOTTOM.

Seriously, what are you even arguing? lol

Look at the yearly attendance of the sports leagues in America for example

MLB - 73 million
NBA - 22 million
NHL - 21 million
NFL - 17 million

MLS - 7 million lol
Well, I'm not even arguing whether you are right or wrong, but simply listing the above numbers, if anything, undermines your point.
MLS "being" 1/3 of NBA/NHL and 2/5 of the NFL would be amazing, nothing to "lol at".

Plus it makes the MLB look way more successful than the NFL, and so on.

Last edited:
This is the stupidest misconception about soccer and basketball players. They flop to game the rules and deceive the refs for the benefit of their team, not because they're "pussies". This is no different from fighters faking eyepokes, low blows, or doing that lame "fingers on the floor" move to avoid knees to head.

The most retarded thing about MMA fans is how they somehow think they're tougher than other sports fans (hell even pro athletes of other sports) because they watch cagefighting. This is why we're the laughingstock of sports fandom. Utterly embarrassing.

They're most definitely tougher than other athletes. Also, flopping is a bitch thing to do, hence the being legit pussies

Because MLS hasn't been around nearly as long as sports like those that have been around for 100s of years in this country and longer. MLS is only 23 years old roughly compared to football, hockey and baseball that have ties to the 19th century. Atlanta United is barely in it's 3rd season in the MLS and has 64,000 people on average attending matches. UFC can't even do that at a PPV in New York. Viewership is up, sponsors are coming in left and right and European stars are coming over and adding to the value of the league. You're painfully out of touch with 2017 and how popular soccer is in this country. Go back to your NFL network where you know something, this ain't for you, son.

How's that even an argument, MLS might be new, but soccer has been around for a long long time, there just was never enough interest in the US. I don't care how out of touch I am about how popular MLS, I can read numbers, and all I see is that they generate half the money NHL does which is quite sad given how small hockey is compared to the big 3.

MLS is a bottom barrel league by default because it's full of second tier players, the NHL, NBA, MLB equivalent of Soccer is in the Europe.

MLS is comparative to CFL football

Yeah...the ufc pay scale is pretty embarrassing.

I dont like the bring up the carnival fight comparison but....

T
Not surprising. Soccer players are the most talented athletes on earth, even on a not so traditional football country like the USA.

Kaká for instance is a legit A-level athlete, blessed with god-tier genetics and skills. He could definitely make a UFC title run, if he were so inclined

kaka-boxe.png
That chest and wet shirt combo *bites knuckes* how am I supposed to go to bed tonight with my wife now, you fucker!!

How's that even an argument, MLS might be new, but soccer has been around for a long long time, there just was never enough interest in the US. I don't care how out of touch I am about how popular MLS, I can read numbers, and all I see is that they generate half the money NHL does which is quite sad given how small hockey is compared to the big 3.

MLS is a bottom barrel league by default because it's full of second tier players, the NHL, NBA, MLB equivalent of Soccer is in the Europe.

MLS is comparative to CFL football
Once again only in America though, in the rest of the world soccer blitzes all top American sports, it's just the culture difference in North America and a few others.

Mls is probably as watched as professional bowling in the us. Or competitive connect 4. Nobody is watching and I'm surprised there's guys getting paid in that league.

Once again only in America though, in the rest of the world soccer blitzes all top American sports, it's just the culture difference in North America and a few others.

I enjoy soccer. I have never watched an mls game.

I enjoy soccer. I have never watched an mls game.
I haven't either, well maybe a couple, reason for that being MLS soccer is the equivalent to league 2 maybe in British football (it's not soccer haha) it wasn't really a dig at Americans really it's just a different culture.

I haven't either, well maybe a couple, reason for that being MLS soccer is the equivalent to league 2 maybe in British football (it's not soccer haha) it wasn't really a dig at Americans really it's just a different culture.

I'm a fan of American football, so I call football soccer and football I call football.

What!?

I'm a fan of American football, so I call football soccer and football I call football.

What!?
It's light hearted mate, just making the point the whole globe knows football as football, yet America has named a game where the foot is used twice an hour football lol, seriously what is the explanation for that does anyone know? Hand egg or anything would have been more appropriate.

It's light hearted mate, just making the point the whole globe knows football as football, yet America has named a game where the foot is used twice an hour football lol, seriously what is the explanation for that does anyone know? Hand egg or anything would have been more appropriate.

Hey man, I agree with ya!

This are the top MLS earners.(year salary)

View attachment 264701
(Wtf is Michael Bradley doing there?)

So the MLS has 28 players making over 1 million a year. Are the 10 or so UFC champions making over a million?

View attachment 264699

The lowest salary is 53000 a year and those are players that really dont see much action.

View attachment 264705

As I don't live in the US my question is what is more popular MLS or the UFC?

Do you think UFC could guarantee 53000 to the lowest earning fighters as the MLS does to its 600 players?

Also what is selling better? The MLS jerseys or the UFC reebok fight gear.
To be fair it's much harder for them. They train everyday and play every weekend. There are hours and hours of sweat.
Mma fighters party for 10 months,get lazy, fat and then train for 1 month and fight for 5-15 minutes in general a year.

I watch MLS games when I find them scrolling through the chanels and I live in México, its broadcast on Fox sports here and most of South América I guess.

But it is not as ignored league as some sherdogers make it to be.

My favs are the Portland Timbers, Orlando City and New York City.

Well, I'm not even arguing whether you are right or wrong, but simply listing the above numbers, if anything, undermines your point.
MLS "being" 1/3 of NBA/NHL and 2/5 of the NFL would be amazing, nothing to "lol at".

Plus it makes the MLB look way more successful than the NFL, and so on.

It doesn't undermine my point at all. My point was that MLS is the bottom of American Sports, which it is.

How the fuck are people not understanding this? lol

It doesn't undermine my point at all. My point was that MLS is the bottom of American Sports, which it is.
How the fuck are people not understanding this? lol

I doubt anyone doesn't understand/see/know that the MLS isn't currently even close to be on pair with the big 4 sports in the US.
There must be something else going on.

BTW, I insists that the type of numbers you posted weren't the best to push your point across.
You could've picked revenues:
NFL 12.3 billion
MLB 9.4 B
NBA 5.9 B
NHL 3.3 B
MLS 500 M

Revenue wise, the MLS is just 15% of the NHL, which, obviously, is already by far the smallest of the BIG4.
While, again, simply picking "overall attendance" it showed the MLS as being 2/5 of the NFL: that would be massive.

Last edited:
I doubt anyone doesn't understand/see/know that the MLS isn't currently even close to be on pair with the big 4 sports in the US.
There must be something else going on.

BTW, I insists that the type of numbers you posted weren't the best to push your point across.
You could've picked revenues:
NFL 12.3 billion
MLB 9.4 B
NBA 5.9 B
NHL 3.3 B
MLS 500 M

Revenue wise, the MLS is just 15% of the NHL, which, obviously, is already by far the smallest of the BIG4.
While, again, simply picking "overall attendance" it showed the MLS as being 2/5 of the NFL: that would be massive.

My initial post wasn't even bashing MLS, it was bashing the UFC. It was making fun of the UFC for paying less than the bottom sport's league. MLS fan dude apparently got upset I said MLS was at the bottom and brought up attendance figures, so I used attendance figures in response that his one single cherry picked attendance figure that he used was stupid.

Average none ppv card main event fighters make 5k

Back