Anderson Silva fires back GSP quotes on his fight against Weidman

Why so serious? Haters getting down in this one.

Aren't GSP and Weidman technically teammates through Donaher and a few other coaches?

Meh, makes for good reading regardless.

And Anderson missed his chance to fight GSP when he fucked around with Maia. GSP/Silva was a done deal and he screwed it up with his terrible performance

Silva shouldn't really being saying anything either about why they haven't fought.

And who calls out a fighter returning from a 19 month injury layoff and is a weight class below you?

How exactly did that stop GSP from wanting to fight him. If GSP wanted the fight ... he would have gotten it.

Heck ... if Dana really thought GSP could beat him ... he would have given GSP to Silva as punishment.

But Dana didn't ... didn't he.

mark munoz is weidman's best win. it is not that impressive to beat mark munoz.

Why is it always Anderson is afraid to fight Jones? Here is Jones talking about Anderson. He doesn't sound like he wants the fight either.

“It’s not that he won’t fight me or I won’t fight him. To be dead honest, it’s that we both have a lot to lose and we both respect each other a lot and we both are striving for personal greatness. I don’t want to crack on his greatness and I don’t want him cracking on my greatness. We’re in completely different weight classes. We both have sponsor deals and things that are really important to us and a big part of that sponsorship package is being a winning…being a champion. Having us fight each other means one of our championships goes away. I respect Anderson Silva so much that I don’t want to be the guy to beat him. I don’t want to lose to him either. It’s a lose-lose situation for me.”

http://www.cagepotato.com/jon-jones-explains-why-superfight-with-anderson-silva-will-never-happen/

Anderson said he would fight him at catchweight ... just like he offered GSP.
Keep laughing ... ignorance is bliss right?

Speaking of ignorance being bliss........... Do you remember Abu Dhabi? GSP and Anderson were going to fight until DW himself said AS doesn't deserve GSP. Then GSP had his injury.

GSP does not moves up as anderson does not moves. anderson would be smashed by jones. all the respect for gsp

GSP was asked about fighting Silva and his response was that it made no sense since he was 100% sure Silva wouldn't be champion after Weidman.

Silva commented on GSP avoiding the question. How is that bullying??

I wouldn't call it "bullying", because that's an overused term, and I doubt anyone could bully GSP in any sense. To me, it's clear that he knows a fight with GSP would be the biggest payday of his career. He's going to retire soon, and he's trying to manipulate GSP into taking the fight. It won't work, but I can respect his hustle.

anyone who doesnt believe GSP is scared of Silva is just kidding themselves.

Speaking of ignorance being bliss........... Do you remember Abu Dhabi? GSP and Anderson were going to fight until DW himself said AS doesn't deserve GSP. Then GSP had his injury.

That never made sense to me, because Dana acts like he's been pushing for the fight ever since. So if GSP was willing to take it at that point, why has he never been willing to take it since? I don't doubt that Dana was livid (rightfully so) about Anderson's clowning during the Maia fight, but I don't believe that's the reason the fight never happened.

I dnt how gsp fans can still get behind him after he clearly ducked Anderson. Gsp is becoming a joke of a fighter.

Well, they're not in the same weight division. If not fighting someone outside of your weight division is ducking, then GSP is also ducking Cain, Jones, JDS, Shogun, Bendo, Aldo, and in fact everyone who isn't a WW. Personally I don't find it particularly bothers me that he isn't fighting outside WW, and I think a definition of ducking that includes people not in your weight division is nonsense.

I'm also not so sure GSP is a joke of fighter - he seems pretty good. Now its possible that your average WW in the world can beat him (you more or less have to be worse than average to be a joke at your sport), but I'd bet against that being true. Your assessment of his abilities obviously differs, but I don't think you're going to find too many people, fans of GSP or not, think he's got less than average abilities.

As for his comments about Silva - hasn't anyone ever been on a bloody team? Anderson is fighting one of GSP's teammates. What the hell is he supposed to say - "Yeah, Anderson is going to beat my teammate and I'll fight him after that." I swear, it sounds like half of Sherdog posters have never done any sport (including I suspect MMA if you think GSP is a joke who you'd easily tool) in their life.

They have both stated they would fight each other, but each with his own specific demand that the other won't accept.

So in reality, both Silva and GSP do NOT want to fight each other.

GSP clearly belongs to WW and shouldn't move up.

The problem is that he teased a move up so many times and he teased us about a Silva fight couple times, and now he is not being honest about not wanting this fight.

Rustlin.jpg

And Anderson missed his chance to fight GSP when he fucked around with Maia. GSP/Silva was a done deal and he screwed it up with his terrible performance. Silva shouldn't really being saying anything either about why they haven't fought.

And who calls out a fighter returning from a 19 month injury layoff and is a weight class below you? Despite that absurdity, GSP said he'd fight him. IF Silva came to his weight class.

GSP just offered Silva the same deal Silva was offering him and Silva didn't like it

That just doesn't add up to me. Let's say Dana was so pissed that he called it off right then (which is quite possible, because he's known for his explosions). If GSP was that interested in the fight, what changed his mind? Was he mad at Anderson for disrespecting Maia? And to my understanding, the fight was going to be at 185. So he's game to move to 185 some years back, but as soon as the fight gets canceled, he becomes adamant about wanting to break Hughes's record at WW?

I don't see how anyone could buy it. Like all the other superfights Dana promised, we were never getting that fight. I don't mind, because the UFC still regularly gives us excellent fights (like Hunt vs. JDS). But it wasn't ever going to happen, despite all posturing to the contrary.

Back