Anderson Silva fires back GSP quotes on his fight against Weidman

It's not better. "Friends" is much better because it speaks to the true nature of Andy and Jones's relationship.

See this:

What a great friend, eh? Ergo, "friends"

I think it's better. I could have put 'friends', but I didn't want to. My way isn't implying directly they aren't friends, just quoting his reasoning. You put 2 & 2 together yourself.

You might think the world is flat, too, and that would be another thing you're wrong about.

Shut the fuck up, dummy. Not going to argue with you over dumb shit. Edit it if you don't like it.

I think it's better. I could have put 'friends', but I didn't want to. My way isn't implying directly they aren't friends, just quoting his reasoning. You put 2 & 2 together yourself.

Now that you've expanded this post, there's more for me to reply to.

If the term "friends" didn't imply a two-way, reciprocal respecting relationship, you'd be close to having a point. Jones has clearly demonstrated that he is not friends with Anderson and yet Anderson claims to be his friend. This means they aren't really friends, so the quotation marks are needed to denote the fact that the true definition of the word is not intended, but, rather, Anderson's definition of the word friends, which implies Silva sucking up to Jones and not fighting him.

It's okay to not know how to write properly; that's why I'm here, to point out where you are wrong.

Come on man, let's be "friends".

You only need to add the quotes for the intellectually challenged who need everything spelled out for them. It had no subtlety, only idiots need things spelled out for them. I would have picked up on the sarcasm without them.

ok jones is too big for silva ,but gsp should move up in weight class ,make sense.

Now that you've expanded this post, there's more for me to reply to.

If the term "friends" didn't imply a two-way, reciprocal respecting relationship, you'd be close to having a point. Jones has clearly demonstrated that he is not friends with Anderson and yet Anderson claims to be his friend. This means they aren't really friends, so the quotation marks are needed to denote the fact that the true definition of the word is not intended, but, rather, Anderson's definition of the word friends, which implies Silva sucking up to Jones and not fighting him.

It's okay to not know how to write properly; that's why I'm here, to point out where you are wrong.

A lot of humor's power comes through it's subtlety. He seems to think the quotes put too fine a bullet on the implication, and I happen to agree with him. I have no idea why you persist in harassing him on this matter.

A lot of humor's power comes through it's subtlety. He seems to think the quotes put too fine a bullet on the implication, and I happen to agree with him. I have no idea why you persist in harassing him on this matter.

He seems to be wrong. The word friends without quotation marks implies that Jones and Anderson are friends, which is to say they each respect and admire one another.

When Jones clearly does not respect and admire Anderson, they cannot be true friends. So the use of the word in this context doesn't work. It's not being subtle to leave out an essential element of a joke, it's being wrong.

I love doing this, look at his post where he freaked out, it fills me with mirth.

He seems to be wrong. The word friends without quotation marks implies that Jones and Anderson are friends, which is to say they each respect and admire one another.

When Jones clearly does not respect and admire Anderson, they cannot be true friends. So the use of the word in this context doesn't work. It's not being subtle to leave out an essential element of a joke, it's being wrong.

I love doing this, look at his post where he freaked out, it fills me with mirth.

You don't understand subtlety. It doesn't imply that at all, you read between the lines without it being spelled out for you.

But it's absolutely inessential. You understood the punchline without the quotes.

Back