Anderson Silva fires back GSP quotes on his fight against Weidman

it's clear that he knows a fight with GSP would be the biggest payday of his career. He's going to retire soon, and he's trying to manipulate GSP into taking the fight.

Yep that's exactly what I think too

How exactly did that stop GSP from wanting to fight him. If GSP wanted the fight ... he would have gotten it.

Heck ... if Dana really thought GSP could beat him ... he would have given GSP to Silva as punishment.

But Dana didn't ... didn't he.

Because Dana White himself shot down the fight after Silva/Maia.

The Abu Dhabi event was a major event for the UFC seeing as they'd just sold 10% of their company to the Abu Dhabi government and Silva messed it up when he danced with Maia.

Do you really think Dana was going to risk putting on the biggest PPV of all time after Silva's performance? If he performed like that against GSP and millions watched and the bout received major media news coverage as it would have, the UFC would have been done.

And Dana did try and punish Silva. He gave him Griffin, the guy who was like 6 months removed from losing the LHW belt. Dana gave him the former champ from a weight class above, that's generally punishment

GSP lost all credibility when he said it'd be easier to make 155 than to fight at mw. Really that's the most retarded thing he's ever said. It's easier to cut 30 pounds than not cut any? Typical GSP remark. Also said he's 100% sure Weidman beats Silva and he is praying for that cuz he knows the superfight chatter will die down. That being said, he does train with Weidman so did people expect him to say yeah Silva will win. Name the last time a friend or training partner picked his guy to lose. Never.

I dnt how gsp fans can still get behind him after he clearly ducked Anderson. Gsp is becoming a joke of a fighter.

First off this is pretty clear fighter bashing, second the exact same could be said for Silva and Jones so your point is completely NULL and VOID.

PS GSP said he will fight him at 170

Well, they're not in the same weight division. If not fighting someone outside of your weight division is ducking, then GSP is also ducking Cain, Jones, JDS, Shogun, Bendo, Aldo, and in fact everyone who isn't a WW.

Did GSP say this about any of those fighters?

I love the guy but since when is GSP an expert in finish?
All Silva has to do to win this fight is not trip on the floor like GSP did.

Last edited:
That never made sense to me, because Dana acts like he's been pushing for the fight ever since. So if GSP was willing to take it at that point, why has he never been willing to take it since? I don't doubt that Dana was livid (rightfully so) about Anderson's clowning during the Maia fight, but I don't believe that's the reason the fight never happened.

Don't get me wrong, if Dana could sign that fight a year ago it'd be done. I am as disappointed as the next person that this fight hasn't happened and may never... As both a GSP fan and AS fan, I do think that since the injury and Anderson's destruction of Forrest right after the Abu Dhabi fight has made him reluctant to want to take that fight. I think he looks at what happened to BJ's legacy and sees how the moving up(the 2nd time) affected it: Very frustrating as a fan of his!!

That just doesn't add up to me. Let's say Dana was so pissed that he called it off right then (which is quite possible, because he's known for his explosions). If GSP was that interested in the fight, what changed his mind? Was he mad at Anderson for disrespecting Maia? And to my understanding, the fight was going to be at 185. So he's game to move to 185 some years back, but as soon as the fight gets canceled, he becomes adamant about wanting to break Hughes's record at WW?

I don't see how anyone could buy it. Like all the other superfights Dana promised, we were never getting that fight. I don't mind, because the UFC still regularly gives us excellent fights (like Hunt vs. JDS). But it wasn't ever going to happen, despite all posturing to the contrary.

I seem to remember that after it initially got called off, it got put back on the table if GSP beat Shields.

Then after GSP won, Diaz called him out and started talking shit so the UFC put together that fight to make a quick buck and GSP eventually got injured and couldn't fight either Diaz or Silva.

Then obviously when he came back he had to fight Condit before a fight with Silva could ever even be thought of as they had to unify the titles.

Then I think after GSP realized he'd lost a step while he was away, he decided now wasn't the best time to fight Silva and here we are. I think if GSP puts on a vintage performance though and outclasses Hendricks then he might be interested.

I believe GSP when he says his knee's fine, but I think right now he's still mentally unsure after the injury and just needs to get his mind back in order before he can really even think about fighting Silva

But I do agree that more often than not, Dana and the UFC is just pulling our leg and trying to create news when they mention potential super fights

Anderson Silva finally feedbacks someone. After GSP saying Weidman would shock the world by finishing Silva, the Spider answers him:

"Could you wonder what if I paid attention to what everyone says? People do what they have to do, what is the best for themselves. He (GSP) had the chance to fight me but he didn't want to. It's better a talking parrot than a legless turtle"

"I'm doing this since I was 8yo. There is nothing he can do that will surprise me. I've already faced a lot of things."

Source: UOL
image.JPG

you mad?

oh and in before machida is too much of a friend to become a lhw

He said this a while ago, recently Silva has been pushing for the CW and Jones is saying only if he comes to 205 he'll do it.

They are willing to fight each other only if their demands are met which may never happen.

Thanks for clearing that up. When I did a google search it said 1 day ago. I think if the UFC throws enough money at both of them that fight may happen.

Uh, why? GSP isn't the only champ that hasn't moved up. In fact none of them ever have other than BJ & Randy in the UFC. So holding it against GSP is stupid.

difference is GSP talked about moving up for years. then he talked about challenging silva.

then gsp vs silva became the biggest fight in mma as their careers both grew.

then gsp ducked the fight.

that is why it reflects poorly on gsp.

I see no problem with someone who trained with Weidman and who took issue with being called out by Silva, stating Weidman would beat Silva.

And I also take no issue with Silva calling GSP a talking parrot or legless turtle or a cheeseburger or a sunflower or whatever name it was.

Fighters are routinely asked questions, and usually, they answer them.

But this is all besides the point: Anderson "The Spider" Silva - the GOAT - is fighting in less than two weeks; get excited!!!

Anderson Silva finally feedbacks someone. After GSP saying Weidman would shock the world by finishing Silva, the Spider answers him:

"Could you wonder what if I paid attention to what everyone says? People do what they have to do, what is the best for themselves. He (GSP) had the chance to fight me but he didn't want to. It's better a talking parrot than a legless turtle"

"I'm doing this since I was 8yo. There is nothing he can do that will surprise me. I've already faced a lot of things."

Source: UOL

great av and I bet if Silva pushed GSP's buttons like Nick did he might actually fight him one day

None of these guys have any incentive to fight each other.

1- They're all stupidly rich already. They aren't desperate financially, so they wouldn't need the payday, gargantuan as it might be in a scenario like this.

2- JBJ: AS and GSP are both smaller. What would that prove?

3- AS: (vs. JBJ)- beating a larger opponent that is so incredibly dominant in his own division would successfully put a nice cherry on top of an already unparalleled career. He says he won't fight Jones, though.
(vs. GSP) Fighting a smaller guy for no reason whatsoever would be pointless. Unbecoming of a fighter... yet he says he would fight Georges anytime.

what a wierdo...

anyway.

So, we see that this whole situation is utterly devoid of any real bearing unless Bones and Silva throw down VERY soon.

What might be a more believable outcome is that Silva has to retire because all the guys he still has to beat in the UFC are all his friends and off the table, fight-wise. I can think of worse ways to go out, I guess...

It's not like GSP held a presser to make the announcement that. He gets asked a lot of Silva-related questions and he gave his opinion.

Maybe Anderson is trying to "Sonnen" GSP into a superfight.

More faux-drama IMO, but it's cool. Fun to see these two guys fanbases getting into it.

Back