Anderson Silva fires back GSP quotes on his fight against Weidman

Yea, at this point anything GSP says about Silva is pretty much going to embarass himself only.
lol

Why ?

GSP wanted to face Silva but the UFC and Silva's action put a stop to it .
Silva is apparently "friend" with JBJ .
Silva only started to call GSP once GSP was injured .
JBJ would face Silva but silva would only face JBJ if Silva get the advantage .

If silva want to fight GSP he just need to go to WW since he's the one calling the smaller fighter .

If GSP's ducking Silva (which he's not) than Silva is scared shitless (which he's not) of Jones since he befriend him (without Jones knowledge at first) .

But Hey GSP hater can and will think whatever they want fact is they come out looking like idiots all the time .

To be fair, Anderson had no business showing up to a GSP fight (I believe it was against Condit) and saying "I'm fighting GSP" when GSP was trying to focus on the opponent at hand, it was sort of a mental warfare, because every other interview he kept getting asked about Anderson instead of Condit, a huge distraction. It seems to me GSP is simply returning the favor so to speak. The bottom line is that for Anderson to fire back verbally this close to the fight suggests that Weidman's approach (extreme confidence in every media appearance) has been successful. People seem to think that following Chael's blue print means literally to out wrestle Silva, but it was the mental warfare that may have been the most effective, and I think this is what Weidman has done quite effectively, and GSP just added a little salt. If Silva wins, this will all be forgotten, if he loses, it's a whole new world in the MW division.

Regardless of whether he wins or loses AS' legacy is set.

He really wanted the big money GSP fight.
Hell GSP should want that too.
They are nearing the end of their careers.

Time to cash in on a huge payday

Thats because it is super unlikely anyone at LHW will beat jones, but it is also pretty likely that Weidman beats Silva. So both him & GSP were keeping it real. :)

It isn't pretty likely Weidman will beat Silva. There's a slight possibility, just like there is of Jones losing. I can't find any poll or bookie with Weidman as the favorite.

Not really.... GSP was asked about fighting Silva and his response was that it made no sense since he was 100% sure Silva wouldn't be champion after Weidman.

Rashad never said anything like that in any context like that.

Is that true? I don't much information about that interview, but that is weird considering it is GSP. If this is true there is even less of a leg for GSP defenders and Silva detractors to stand on. Still, I don't really believe GSP would say something like that.

It's both their opinions. Nothing more nothing less. Of course GSP's prediction should get a rise out of AS. That fight favors him, and the money he'd make from it would be crazy. I get what he's saying and don't fault him. I also get GSP's opinion and don't fault him either. Still would love to see this fight happen if they both win their fights. .............. Not holding my breath tho

If GSP and Anderson Silva dislike one another that much why not settle it in the cage?

GSP supported a Renzo Gracie training partner... shocking.

Anderson said he would fight him at catchweight ... just like he offered GSP.
Keep laughing ... ignorance is bliss right?

Anderson said he would fight Jones @ catweight for half the UFC and billions of $ .
This was Silva Trolling .

GSP said he would face Silva @ WW and he would .
Silva said he would face GSP @ WW yet he won't .

GSP said many years ago that if he was moving to MW it would be a permanent move .

You must feel very blissfull right now .
But I guess you are the type that cheer for the grade 6 jock/bully taking on the grade 2 nerd .

It isn't pretty likely Weidman will beat Silva. There's a slight possibility, just like there is of Jones losing. I can't find any poll or bookie with Weidman as the favorite.

Jones opened at -800. Weidman opened at like +165.

To be fair, Anderson had no business showing up to a GSP fight (I believe it was against Condit) and saying "I'm fighting GSP" when GSP was trying to focus on the opponent at hand, it was sort of a mental warfare, because every other interview he kept getting asked about Anderson instead of Condit, a huge distraction. It seems to me GSP is simply returning the favor so to speak. The bottom line is that for Anderson to fire back verbally this close to the fight suggests that Weidman's approach (extreme confidence in every media appearance) has been successful. People seem to think that following Chael's blue print means literally to out wrestle Silva, but it was the mental warfare that may have been the most effective, and I think this is what Weidman has done quite effectively, and GSP just added a little salt. If Silva wins, this will all be forgotten, if he loses, it's a whole new world in the MW division.

Oh my god ... I can't focus on Condit because a reporter asked me about Silva ... now I don't remember the gameplan for Condit because I am thinking of Silva!!!!!

He has/had the opportunity for JJ.

GSP gave his opinion, nothing wrong with it.

silva would meet GSP halfway (177.5) however, since JJ would not meet silva halfway (195), there can be no equivalence.

Anderson is such a freakin bully..

GSP was asked about fighting Silva and his response was that it made no sense since he was 100% sure Silva wouldn't be champion after Weidman.

Silva commented on GSP avoiding the question. How is that bullying??

...slowly turning into a Silva ducking Jones thread again. Come on Sherdog play nice, stay on topic.

Brazilians and these damn Animal parables.

fuckin' Aesop Andy over here blowing minds

Yup. I didn't really come in here to comment. I was just hoping one of these posts would explain what Anderson is trying to say. Sayings and expressions easily get distorted in translation, but I know we have some Portuguese speakers on Sherdog.

Anderson said he would fight Jones @ catweight for half the UFC and billions of $ .
This was Silva Trolling .

GSP said he would face Silva @ WW and he would .
Silva said he would face GSP @ WW yet he won't .

GSP said many years ago that if he was moving to MW it would be a permanent move .

You must feel very blissfull right now .
But I guess you are the type that cheer for the grade 6 jock/bully taking on the grade 2 nerd .

Get your facts straight. The billion dollar joke and the catchweight were not the same interviews.

And Anderson missed his chance to fight GSP when he fucked around with Maia. GSP/Silva was a done deal and he screwed it up with his terrible performance. Silva shouldn't really being saying anything either about why they haven't fought.

And who calls out a fighter returning from a 19 month injury layoff and is a weight class below you? Despite that absurdity, GSP said he'd fight him. IF Silva came to his weight class.

GSP just offered Silva the same deal Silva was offering him and Silva didn't like it

Back