Anderson Silva fires back GSP quotes on his fight against Weidman

Whatever.

GSP is keeping that belt in "NORTH AMERICAN" , not that South American shit.

GSP threw the first punch back at UFC 65.

I'd love to see GSP whoop his ass now. Too bad Weidman's gonna beat him to it.

difference is GSP talked about moving up for years. then he talked about challenging silva.

then gsp vs silva became the biggest fight in mma as their careers both grew.

then gsp ducked the fight.

that is why it reflects poorly on gsp.

I never remember GSP talking about moving up, I remember people always asking him about it, just like they've always asked Silva about it.

If GSP " ducked " Silva, then Silva " ducked " Jones.

There is literally no issue here. Silva basically said GSP is entitled to his opinion after GSP was asked who would win between Anderson and Weidman. Silva doesn't care and neither should the rest of us.

Why didnt Silva drop down to 170lb if he really wanted to fight GSP so much? He has fought there before. If he really want to prove himself, there is no REAL reason silva couldnt make the weight if given enough time. Maybe he is the one who is scared.

Why didnt Silva drop down to 170lb if he really wanted to fight GSP so much? He has fought there before. If he really want to prove himself, there is no REAL reason silva couldnt make the weight if given enough time. Maybe he is the one who is scared.

Because GSP in on record saying this:

I have a feeling Anderson will start talking mad shit about GSP after he destroys Weidman

I never remember GSP talking about moving up, I remember people always asking him about it, just like they've always asked Silva about it.

If GSP " ducked " Silva, then Silva " ducked " Jones.

Wrong back in the day gsp would talk about going up to MW and dominating. He wasn't just going to stop there tho, he also wanted the lhw belt.

Anderson has fought from 168lb all the way up to 205lb.

a little odd since Silva already said he would fight JJ while JJ is the one who said he still have fights within his division before going for super-fights...

A little dumb on your side to point out something that not only is wrong, but something that proves you are biased and lying just to try and protect GSP...

Well... you read it from a huge Anderson fan.

You shouldn't distort Anderson speech like that. He said he'd fight JBJ in a catchweight with no belts at stake and... before that, both guys (AS and JBJ) agreed both had a lot to lose fighting each other, and both guys didn't want to ruin their respective legacies so no... Anderson didn't challenge JBJ like you're insinuating.

Too dumb on your side trying to frame people by their posts, assh0le

Anderson Silva finally feedbacks someone. After GSP saying Weidman would shock the world by finishing Silva, the Spider answers him:

"Could you wonder what if I paid attention to what everyone says? People do what they have to do, what is the best for themselves. He (GSP) had the chance to fight me but he didn't want to. It's better a talking parrot than a legless turtle"

"I'm doing this since I was 8yo. There is nothing he can do that will surprise me. I've already faced a lot of things."

Source: UOL

I'm a die hard GSP fan but I agree with Anderson here...he shouldn't talk, he had the chance to fight Anderson and refused.

Well... you read it from a huge Anderson fan.

You shouldn't distort Anderson speech like that. He said he'd fight JBJ in a catchweight with no belts at stake and... before that, both guys (AS and JBJ) agreed both had a lot to lose fighting each other, and both guys didn't want to ruin their respective legacies so no... Anderson didn't challenge JBJ like you're insinuating.

Too dumb on your side trying to frame people by their posts, assh0le

LOL! Poor guy can't get his story straight...
Jon is the one who said about how much each had to lose, not Anderson.
here, for your benefit, I found a link that someone already put in this very post (with source, so you don't get confused)
Why is it always Anderson is afraid to fight Jones? Here is Jones talking about Anderson. He doesn't sound like he wants the fight either.

“It’s not that he won’t fight me or I won’t fight him. To be dead honest, it’s that we both have a lot to lose and we both respect each other a lot and we both are striving for personal greatness. I don’t want to crack on his greatness and I don’t want him cracking on my greatness. We’re in completely different weight classes. We both have sponsor deals and things that are really important to us and a big part of that sponsorship package is being a winning…being a champion. Having us fight each other means one of our championships goes away. I respect Anderson Silva so much that I don’t want to be the guy to beat him. I don’t want to lose to him either. It’s a lose-lose situation for me.”

http://www.cagepotato.com/jon-jones-explains-why-superfight-with-anderson-silva-will-never-happen/

That alone shows how little you know.

And if you'd know ANYTHING about Silva other than what you read here @ Sherdog, you'd know that Anderson always said he would not under-valuate the LHW belt as long as his friends (Lil'Nog & Machida) had any chance of winning it. This is why he offered CW instead of fighting jon at LHW.
That predates Jon Jones..

So before you open your mouth, learn on the subject... :redface:

Last edited:
Yup. I didn't really come in here to comment. I was just hoping one of these posts would explain what Anderson is trying to say. Sayings and expressions easily get distorted in translation, but I know we have some Portuguese speakers on Sherdog.

Even to Brazilians it didn't make any sense. I mean, it has an obvious sense, nothing else. I think he meant GSP prefers to be healthy and talk trash than fighting Anderson and get smacked.

So someone asks GSP who he thinks will win the fight, GSP answers Honestly, and that is embarrassing?

One of the greatest of all times opinion on how a fight will play out is embarrassing? Really? If A. Silva gives an opinion on the Machida/Bones fight will that also be embarrassing?

Dana White said that GSP told him he won't fight Anderson because he is "100%" sure Weidman will beat Silva, and DW said "100%" like three times. How any fight has a 100% sure outcome is beyond me, and to count out Anderson Silva in a fight is pretty lame.

can someone asplain the turtle parrot analogy?

Back