American media double standard with Chael Sonnen

Chael did not piss hot. No banned substances.

Vitor tested positive for a banned substance, and then claimed it was in a supplement he purchased at GNC.

This is FALSE.

A TUE license does NOT allow you to use testosterone above the allowed limited by the license, which is monitored. Chael was caught with 4X the limit, so yes that is pissing hot.

You saying it otherwise would require you to defend that Overeem did not piss hot either.

The argument that Vitor shouldn't be criticized because others weren't criticized is a poor argument. For starters, Chael was criticized, and a lot of people didn't give him credit for the Silva performance because of his post fight drug test. Further, the scenario is different with Vitor having a positive test for steroids, when it is well documented that steroid use causes low T.

Just because Chael or Hendo may be more well liked, doesn't mean that they are not criticized, and does not mean that we shouldn't criticize Vitor, a known Testosterone abuser.

No, he was also 205lbs...I have no idea where you're getting the 197 from. It's very possible he came in under 205 for a fight or 2. But you seem to be insinuating he never weighed above 197 at any point prior in his life.

Do I actually need to explain how ridiculous that is?

No, no he didn't.

Dude, seriously, just stop now....

There you go. Can't find a video of the Babalu fight.

Sonnen needs TRT for a medical condition. Vitor does not.

Why would the media jump all over Sonnen for TRT when he has a medical condition? That would make no sense at all.

Not in this context, where the guy applying for a license is using TRT

Marijuana use and government jobs are two different things, but when a person applying for a government job is smoking marijuana regularly, the two have a connected context.

Yes, in this context they are two different things. You have a licensing hearing, if you are granted a license before you have a fight you must apply for a TUE, you will either be approved or denied for this. There is no reason to believe Vitor can't get a license in the states, but there is reason to believe he'd be denied a TUE.

This is FALSE.

A TUE license does NOT allow you to use testosterone above the allowed limited by the license, which is monitored. Chael was caught with 4X the limit, so yes that is pissing hot.

You saying it otherwise would require you to defend that Overeem did not piss hot either.

Actually, he was caught with a 17:1 T/E ratio, so I'm even more wrong.
I was just playing devil's advocate because I have enjoyed Sonnen's antics but I don't like Vitor!

Maybe because Vitor is visibly just solid muscle.
Sonnen is lean

Maybe media feels Sonnen actually requires it, having a legitimate excuse in hypogonadism while Vitor just says he needs it.

Maybe Vitor's winning streak since his loss to Silva makes people uneasy. Sonnen meanwhile has lost to Silva and Jones. And has gotten only 2 victories.

Sonnen gets plenty of hate from Silva fans on here anyways.

Idc if anyone uses TRT

Vitor also lost to Jones, remember?

They're hypocrites, its a good thing Victor doesn't pay much attention to them. He enters the octagon beast people up and goes back to his beautiful family.

You dont know shit. Test does not make you lean.

HIIT and increased muscle mass as well as a decent diet does.
I'm saying that being lean =/= not using Testosterone.

Cool your jets

Staying on your topic; it's seems like avoiding Bloody Elbow would solve your problems!

Surprise surprise the media is biased as fuck and put out the news with an agenda. Sad. I don't get the bias for Vitor. Bloody Elbow and the rest of the MMA media being biased can go suck a fat dick.

Chael didn't "piss hot"

Chael had been using TRT since his WEC days, he used it for the Anderson fight, he tohught he was cleared to use it. He was not. He was on TRT, the same TRT he used for all of his previous UFC fights.

Vitor was using steroids, when he wasn't allowed to use steroids.

Get your facts straight.

Chael didn't "piss hot"

Chael had been using TRT since his WEC days, he used it for the Anderson fight, he tohught he was cleared to use it. He was not. He was on TRT, the same TRT he used for all of his previous UFC fights.

Vitor was using steroids, when he wasn't allowed to use steroids.

Get your facts straight.
not true.

Testosterone is a steroid

I think it has to do with the fact he's not licensed for it in the States.

Chael got cleared to fight in the states, Vitor has been forced to fight in Brazil because he can't get leagally cleared.

Will Vitor fans stop whining about this already?
There are people who think both are bullshit. Chael is still labeled a "Roider", and it was your homeboy Vitor that pissed hot in the past, not Chael.

Both tested positive. Chael shouldn't be given a free pass over Vitor. It's total bullshit. And Keith Kizer is a douche bag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back