American media double standard with Chael Sonnen

Then what makes you so sure that Vitor can't get licensed for an exemption?

Yes, yes he can. He'd just have to stop taking TRT to be licensed, the two are not the same.

The fact that Dana, Joe Rogan and a couple dozen other people have said so.

The two are connected in this context.

"Well, you'll get the job if you stop smoking weed"
"My weed-smoking and my job opportunity have nothing to do with each other"
That makes no sense.
You are making no sense

The fact that Dana, Joe Rogan and a couple dozen other people have said so.

The two are connected in this context.

"Well, you'll get the job if you stop smoking weed"
"My weed-smoking and my job opportunity have nothing to do with each other"
That makes no sense.
You are making no sense

Neither have explicitly stated that he can't get a license, they have mentioned that he isn't licensed and if he can't fight without TRT....none of the statements have been "Vitor is unable to get licensed to fight in the US".

The fact is, they wouldn't know unless they booked Vitor a fight in the US, he applied for his license, and then got his application for licensing denied as neither are on the commission of any State and neither have voting rights on the licensing of a fighter.

Like I said earlier, everything you say is based on conjecture and you're speaking about them as if what you say is factual when it's not.

Maybe because Vitor is visibly just solid muscle.
Sonnen is lean

Maybe media feels Sonnen actually requires it, having a legitimate excuse in hypogonadism while Vitor just says he needs it.\

Both have hypogonadism, both acquired it by the same means, both need TRT to avoid an adrenal nightmare

Sonnen before TRT weighed 197 pounds. Now, he's walking around at 230 pounds and weighs 215 come fight night and is RIPPED.

Very good point.

And I add that I find it very strange that people bash Vitor on his TRT all the time and, at the same time, worship Hendo as the ultimate badass there ever was.

Neither have explicitly stated that he can't get a license, they have mentioned that he isn't licensed and if he can't fight without TRT....none of the statements have been "Vitor is unable to get licensed to fight in the US".

The fact is, they wouldn't know unless they booked Vitor a fight in the US, he applied for his license, and then got his application for licensing denied as neither are on the commission of any State and neither have voting rights on the licensing of a fighter.

Like I said earlier, everything you say is based on conjecture and you're speaking about them as if what you say is factual when it's not.

Joe:
2vl8vaa.png

Kizer:
"I don't see Vitor Belfort getting a TRT exemption from us," Kizer told Bleacher Report. "I really don't, and I feel kind of bad for him in some ways because if he has learned from his mistakes and now he's trying to do it the right way and his levels are low with the treatment, good for him, and I hope he is doing that."
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-trt-banned-addresses-vitor-belfort-situation

Dana:

I understand when people draw comparisons between sonnens situation and vitors, i'm a huge fan of both but think there is a slight double standards, yes maybe paper work was the problem when considering sonnens dramas after the silva fight, and maybe he does require trt, but his levels were ridiculously high after the fight which means he was obviously abusing it's usage anyway?

A lot of fighters back in the day (pride era and early ufc) abused steroids in some way bloody hell look at pride wand! and if they made some mistakes and learnt from their mistakes then good, i don't believe someone should be punished for the rest of his career for something he did years ago, that's just ridiculous.

Joe:

Kizer:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-trt-banned-addresses-vitor-belfort-situation

Dana:

http://www.5thround.com/141792/dana...tire-if-he-cant-stop-taking-testosterone-trt/

Yeah, pure conjecture, no one has said anything about it, i'm pulling all of this out of my ass.

Stop typing and leave the thread

Did you bother reading what the guy wrote?

His points were:
- Kiezer does not actually vote for who gets TRT license or not, including in Nevada. He was making a guess of the outcome of that application.
- Vitor may choose to stop his TRT use and that will have implications for him getting a license. As shown in your post Kiezer comments are specifically about getting a TRT license, and say nothing about what would happen if Vitor stops his TRT treatment.
- If his next fight in the US is in another state other than Nevada (e.g. Jones just fought in Jersey) then Kiezer comments are not much relevant.

Nothing in your reply addresses that.

Did you bother reading what the guy wrote?

His points were:
- Kiezer does not actually vote for who gets TRT license or not, including in Nevada. He was making a guess of the outcome of that application.
- Vitor may choose to stop his TRT use and that will have implications for him getting a license. As shown in your post Kiezer comments are specifically about getting a TRT license, and say nothing about what would happen if Vitor stops his TRT treatment.
- If his next fight in the US is in another state other than Nevada (e.g. Jones just fought in Jersey) then Kiezer comments are not much relevant.

Nothing in your reply addresses that.

Kizer heads up the NSAC. It's not a "Vote".
Vitor isn't going to stop using TRT, he has claimed he needs it, so no, he cannot currently be licensed.
Chael is using TRT and still is getting licensed.

The other states follow NSAC code of conduct, the only state i can think of that does not is Texas.

Just stop.
This is just like the boxing thread where you were pulling nonsense from your back pocket and kept getting shut down and would not stop trying to make your case.

Just stop

WTF are you talking about?

Prior to TRT, Chael fought the bulk of his career at 205....I have no idea were what hole you just pulled his walk around weight from.

He fought at LHW, but he was 197 pounds. He weighed that much against Griffin and against Babalu. He was 197 until he went on TRT. Then he suddenly became this

shields.jpg

He fought at LHW, but he was 197 pounds. He weighed that much against Griffin and against Babalu. He was 197 until he went on TRT. Then he suddenly became this

shields.jpg

Yeah, that's still not how TRT works.

When Overeem dodged the states everyone knew something was fishy. Belfort is doing the same thing and people are defending him. I dont like this double standard.

Joe:
2vl8vaa.png

Kizer:

Dana:

http://www.5thround.com/141792/dana...tire-if-he-cant-stop-taking-testosterone-trt/

Yeah, pure conjecture, no one has said anything about it, i'm pulling all of this out of my ass.

Stop typing and leave the thread

Rogan "As far as I know Vegas hasn't licensed him for TRT" which means he doesn't have an exemption from Vegas, getting a license to fight and an exemption for TRT are two different things.

Kizer: "I don't see him getting a TUE from us" Nothing said about him not being able to get a license to fight.

Dana:
“It won’t be impossible to promote him anywhere,” White said of Belfort. “He’s just going to have to, ya know… Then if he can’t stop taking it, maybe it’s time to hang ‘em up.”

Dana's response was to this question "If it is now impossible to showcase Belfort in America because of his requirement for TRT."

Now if you're able to read and comprehend at a third grade level, you'd clearly see that no one has said anything about Vitor being unable to get a license...If you read what Dana said in his response it says "It's not impossible to promote Vitor anywhere" meaning they can promote him anywhere. However Dana says "if he can't stop taking it" meaning Vitor can get licensed by not necessarily he'd get a TUE.

See how simple that is. Licensing and TUE are two different things.

Chael did not piss hot. No banned substances.

Vitor tested positive for a banned substance, and then claimed it was in a supplement he purchased at GNC.

See how simple that is. Licensing and TUE are two different things.

Not in this context, where the guy applying for a license is using TRT

Marijuana use and government jobs are two different things, but when a person applying for a government job is smoking marijuana regularly, the two have a connected context.

Sonnen before TRT weighed 197 pounds. Now, he's walking around at 230 pounds and weighs 215 come fight night and is RIPPED.

the biggest arm in mma
ChaelSonnen_arm_crop.jpg

ii think 'm getting tired of TRT talk and we all know this is going to drag out for year

Chael did not piss hot. No banned substances.

Vitor tested positive for a banned substance, and then claimed it was in a supplement he purchased at GNC.

Just pissed with a ridiculously high level of test, obvious signs of abusing testosterone and not sticking tothe limits.

He fought at LHW, but he was 197 pounds.

No, he was also 205lbs...I have no idea where you're getting the 197 from. It's very possible he came in under 205 for a fight or 2. But you seem to be insinuating he never weighed above 197 at any point prior in his life.

Do I actually need to explain how ridiculous that is?

He weighed that much against Griffin and against Babalu.

No, no he didn't.

He was 197 until he went on TRT. Then he suddenly became this

Dude, seriously, just stop now....

Back