Media Rogan and Holloway talk about Jamahal/Alex Ref Nutshot

He's a UFC Shill.

The fighter shouldn't be able to "gain" an advantage just because the other fighter accidentally fouled.

If you watch the clip again you'll see the ref calls a timeout. That should automatically be cause to separate the fighters as the foul occurred BEFORE Pereira slide forward and got within closer distance. But instead, he calls the timeout while Alex is still moving up and then allows Alex to wave him off in the newly acquired position. If Alex is the decider of whether he wants a break or not from the nut shot then Herb should have never called the timeout to begin with... but he did... and then at that point Periera waves him off after he already know he's moved into better position.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Terrible referring. It's to be expected by Herb Dean at this point... the same person that allowed McGregor to cheat god knows how many times in a fight.

Hill doesn't even take a backwards step, Pereira only movement is a slight shuffle forward after the kick and he never moves again until after Herb clears the area.
Hill steps sideways and benefits from the foul to move away, he then throws a punch which Pereira counters and finishes him.

So Hill gets the chance to reset and throws the first punch after the foul, but he was disadvantaged because Periera chose to keep fighting when he was fouled?
They touch gloves, Hill gets to move offline and throw a punch, but apparently he wasn't ready to fight. Would he be saying the same thing if his strike landed and he got the KO finish?

Hill doesn't even take a backwards step, Pereira only movement is a slight shuffle forward after the kick and he never moves again until after Herb clears the area.
Hill steps sideways and benefits from the foul to move away, he then throws a punch which Pereira counters and finishes him.

So Hill gets the chance to reset and throws the first punch after the foul, but he was disadvantaged because Periera chose to keep fighting when he was fouled?
They touch gloves, Hill gets to move offline and throw a punch, but apparently he wasn't ready to fight. Would he be saying the same thing if his strike landed and he got the KO finish?

He never took a step back are you blind? And if he did so what? lol back right into the fence so he's at further disadvantage? The stupidity astounds me.

He never took a step back are you blind? And if he did so what? lol back right into the fence so he's at further disadvantage? The stupidity astounds me.
He sets his feet after the Herb stepping in, Alex was moving in and wasn't impacted by the nutshot so he waves him off.
They touch gloves, restart and only then does Hill move. He steps to the side and chooses the way he moved. Alex and him continue hand fighting and Hill throws a punch, which Pereira counters.

There is a clear stoppage, glove touch and reset of the position. Hill chooses to go back after that restart. He made that choice and was given the option to move where he wanted. He even throws the first punch, it's just a shit one.

He sets his feet after the Herb stepping in, Alex was moving in and wasn't impacted by the nutshot so he waves him off.
They touch gloves, restart and only then does Hill move. He steps to the side and chooses the way he moved. Alex and him continue hand fighting and Hill throws a punch, which Pereira counters.

There is a clear stoppage, glove touch and reset of the position. Hill chooses to go back after that restart. He made that choice and was given the option to move where he wanted. He even throws the first punch, it's just a shit one.

Alex touched his nuts as if to say he got fouled and caused Hill and the ref to react while Alex moved forward in from his position. Hill slowed down to apologize and Herb stepped into signal a time out.

Alex touched his nuts as if to say he got fouled and caused Hill and the ref to react while Alex moved forward in from his position. Hill slowed down to apologize and Herb stepped into signal a time out.

He did get fouled. We all saw and heard it. Herb steps in and everyone stops. Pereira as the fouled fighter says he is fine to continue. No movement occurs whilst Herb is there.

We then see a full restart including a glove touch. Hill has every option to move where he wants to and does.
He even throws the first strike. As the fouling fighter what more should he get? There position doesn't change from when the ref actually enters and stops the fight until they go through that full reset. It's actually the best refereeing I have seen out of Herb for a while. The referee shouldn't impact the fight anymore than they need to.

He did get fouled. We all saw and heard it. Herb steps in and everyone stops. Pereira as the fouled fighter says he is fine to continue. No movement occurs whilst Herb is there.

We then see a full restart including a glove touch. Hill has every option to move where he wants to and does.
He even throws the first strike. As the fouling fighter what more should he get? There position doesn't change from when the ref actually enters and stops the fight until they go through that full reset. It's actually the best refereeing I have seen out of Herb for a while. The referee shouldn't impact the fight anymore than they need to.

What? When a fighter does a foul on the ground and they take a break... they move the fighter to the same exact location where he got fouled.

The same should happen in this instance.

Rogan and some of y'all in this thread are trippen

Five glove touches after the 'interference' before that shot is thrown that drops Hill, and also by that stage Herb has taken six steps back / away

Footage destroys all these bullshit takes

<{you!}>

(footage is in @svmr_db 's post I quoted ^)

What? When a fighter does a foul on the ground and they take a break... they move the fighter to the same exact location where he got fouled.

The same should happen in this instance.

They never took a break that impacted the position they were already in. We don't immediately stop it for back of the head shots or other fouls on the ground, they warn the fighter and keep the fight going unless it causes someone to be hurt. Alex wasn't hurt and the fighters never moved from the initial position of the stoppage when Herb steps in. We have seen this multiple times when a strike impacts that area and the ref asks if they are ok and they say yes, we don;t even get the break and glove touch we did.

Hill doesn't move after the foul, Alex doesn't move after Herb steps forward. You think Herb should have moved Alex less than 4 inches backwards to match the exact space they were at the point his groin impacted the foot(that should be a sig strike for Alex), even though he stopped, set his feet and told Herb he was fine?

Hill initiated the continued fighting after that point. He offerred the glove touch, threw the first strike, moved first and got finished because his shot missed.

Pausing from a foul is to benefit the guy that took it...if the other guy is in a bad position, its on him, Pereira or Herb did nothing wrong.

I stand with Herb and Big John on this.

Not sure if Hill's manager wants him to do this shit to try to lobby for a rematch, or they're too incompetent to get him to shut up. But it looks bad either way.

Hill needs to get over it, and work on his footwork.

The fouling fighter should not benefit from a call. Why can't these drunk commentators and bitter anaylsts understand that?
I’m not sure that is what they are implying. I think they are saying Alex gained an angle he didn’t have before. While I think what they are arguing is different, I don’t believe it, any angle gained was lost at the glove touch in my opinion. Seemed like a perfectly fair sequence to me.

Not only did Hill start the foul, but when he was clipped it was Pereira landing a counter, meaning Hill was actively throwing a punch. Maybe you could say Hill didn't reset and wasn't in the fight fully at that moment, but it is what it is. This wasn't even cheap like the Mayweather tko, he was throwing a punch at Pereira when it happened.

lol yeah im not gunna watch that. I can point and laugh at them without hearing the stupid shit coming out of their mouths

Back