A bloody end to a multicultural fairy-tale: Balkan wars

If Arkan was an American, you would see a dozen of Hollywood movies about the guy. And yes, The Tigers were bad as hell. Even the regular Serbian forces in Bosnia and Croatia feared them.
Arkan was a psychotic former mobster and his band of thugs went about gang raping and committing genocide. I really really don't care what Hollywood would think about him if he was American, since a large portion of action movies coming out of Hollywood are military propaganda.

And even then, that sniper douchebag got a lot of criticism and he wasn't nearly 10% as bad as Arkan and his "tigers". They feared him because he was a war criminal.

Your Serbian nationalistic revisionism is showing and it's ugly.

Arkan was a psychotic former mobster and his band of thugs went about gang raping and committing genocide. I really really don't care what Hollywood would think about him if he was American, since a large portion of action movies coming out of Hollywood are military propaganda.

And even then, that sniper douchebag got a lot of criticism and he wasn't nearly 10% as bad as Arkan and his "tigers". They feared him because he was a war criminal.

Your Serbian nationalistic revisionism is showing and it's ugly.

I'd love the world to be sunshine and rainbows, but it isn't. Tigers were formed by Arkan from his mafia buddies, Serbs from French Foreign Legion and volunteers. Since Serbia didn't officially involve itself in wars in Croatia and Bosnia, paramilitary formations were sent to help Serbs outside of Serbia. One of those units were The Tigers.

But they were not sent there to rape and commit genocide, anybody could do that. They were most active in fighting innocent tourists from Iran, Chechnya, Algeria and other countries, who came to Balkans so they can enjoy playing soccer using heads of Serbian kids. A wonderful crew. I mentioned it earlier, El mujaheed units. To compensate Arkan for doing that, Serbian government allowed him to take over almost all criminal activities back in Serbia.

Btw, being nationalistic is nothing to be ashamed of.

Again, I'm not trying to present one-sided story here. There are Serbs all across Europe, also. Are some of them criminals? Of course they are. But you don't see stories of Serbian grooming gangs, Serbs chopping people's heads off or people plotting terrorist acts in Orthodox church gatherings. Everyone is free to form their own opinion. Western Europeans can surely make good judgement whether their countries were safer before massive middle-eastern immigration. Serbs were already there for decades, so they can compare.

It's normal for the crime rate to be significantly higher among refugee populations, and Serbs are certainly no exception. However of the European refugee groups in Australia (mostly Greeks, Italians and former Yugoslavians), the Italians and the Serbs brought a significant element of organised crime.
Since we're talking anecdotes, if our refugee vetting process had been more thorough in rejecting criminals I would never have met any Serbian men (and I've met a lot), yet the only Bosniak I know would still be here.
Statistically I think the crime rate was just over double the native born population (adjusted for age, income etc, otherwise it'd be much higher), and I'm sure the generations born here are less criminal.

It's normal for the crime rate to be significantly higher among refugee populations, and Serbs are certainly no exception. Of the European refugee groups in Australia (mostly Greeks, Italians and former Yugoslavians), the Italians and the Serbs brought a significant element of organised crime.
Since we're talking anecdotes, if our refugee vetting process had been more thorough in rejecting criminals I would never have met any Serbian men (and I've met a lot), yet the only Bosniak I know would still be here.
Statistically I think the crime rate was just over double the native born population (adjusted for age, income etc, otherwise it'd be much higher), and I'm sure the generations born here are less criminal.

So you're saying every Serb you've ever met is a criminal? Ok, I'll take your word for it. Any Serbian grooming gangs over there, or maybe some random Serb running people over with a truck while screaming "Jesus is The Lord"?

As soon as muslim population in Kosovo reached a certain level, the crime soared. Over time, a web of crime, religious fanatics and terrorists acted together in order to take over a part of the country they were welcomed in. That's the main point of this thread.

So you're saying every Serb you've ever met is a criminal? Ok, I'll take your word for it. Any Serbian grooming gangs over there, or maybe some random Serb running people over with a truck while screaming "Jesus is The Lord"?

As soon as muslim population in Kosovo reached a certain level, the crime soared. Over time, a web of crime, religious fanatics and terrorists acted together in order to take over a part of the country they were welcomed in. That's the main point of this thread.

No. Only the men. Not Zemun Clan type crims, just regular crooks. None of them were noticeably religious.

Yes, I realise that you're just carrying on the usual muslim bashing.

All fine and great. As it is, different genetic populations have different ideas about what they want their society to look like, and currently when it looks like the white majority is looking to be over taken, the only majority demographic that wants the founding values secured are.... shocker. Whites!

Other populations are just different with different values. That's just a flat reality of the universe. I've actually arrived at this position tragically by the way. I wish it wasn't the case, but two data points (one being anecdotal) pushed me over the edge. One was when I realized the demographic make up of the libertarian conventions (most all white), and when I saw the voting patterns broken down by race. That was the threshold. We do not belong under the same set of laws or the same governance.

1.- Whites invented communism and most European nations are filled up with debt.

2.- Libertarianism is a sham, most libertarians would balk at the idea of a true libertarian society.

Serbian revisionist history really has no shame. I guess he got the name butcher of Bosnia because he was handing out steaks and shit.

By who?

Western media who were openly supporting break up of Yugoslavia

There’s no reason for them to be bias...

Were Romania part of this? Great country.

Beautiful place.

Beautiful people.

Stunning women.

Love them all.

Propaganda is a powerful thing.

If Serbia was closer aligned to the West, and further from Russia, it'd be a totally different story.

I think that would be very obvious to those who look into things seriously.

It’s funny how easily ppl (some of them smart) go with media narrative without even questioning it

Look at the war in Syria

Western media m politicians tried portraying it as “freedom fighters” who want freedom n democracy fighting against n brutal n tyrannical regime led by “the butcher” Assad

Now today with social media the truth actually comes out n some ppl who do their own research find out the situation is completely different.

By who?

Western media who were openly supporting break up of Yugoslavia

There’s no reason for them to be bias...
Yeah it might have been surviving relatives of the victims of his genocide and ethnic cleansing.

There's no reason for them to be bias.

It’s funny how easily ppl (some of them smart) go with media narrative without even questioning it

Look at the war in Syria

Western media m politicians tried portraying it as “freedom fighters” who want freedom n democracy fighting against n brutal n tyrannical regime led by “the butcher” Assad

Now today with social media the truth actually comes out n some ppl who do their own research find out the situation is completely different.

Yup. Anyone remember that girl tweeting from Aleppo? Monty Python stuff. It's true, so much more people realize what a farce mass media are. But they served well in conflicts back in 90s, and I don't blame people for believing it. Majority of people truly believed that CNN and other sources are operating without an agenda. It is ridiculous now, but the damage's been done for some, Serbs undoubtedly being one of those.

During the WW2, Croats and muslims in Bosnia sided with nazis, while Serbs fought along allies. Some truly horrific stuff happened in Croatia and Bosnia, it is estimated that more 1,5 Serbs were killed by their neighbors. Basically, both Croats and muslims used the WW2 in order to create their own independent states. The trouble was that Serbs were around 35% population of today's Croatia and around 70% of Bosnia, and they had to be eliminated. What they failed then, they managed to do in 90s.

So the hatred goes beyond religion and immigration? i mean your OP claims that muslims wanted to take over and thats why war started, but Croats were christians like Serbs (except latin).

Seems to me like the bad blood was not just the product of immigration (not to diminish the catalyst of foreign Saudi intervention to fuel ethnic conflict, like they did in Syria or Afghanistan.

I think a part of that was old grudges carrying over from WW2 times.

Croats administered a genocide of sorts on the Serbs, with the help of Germany.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Serbs_in_the_Independent_State_of_Croatia

There was not much love between the two groups, when Yugoslavia collapsed. It was payback time on all sides. It's a miracle they were ever held together, "Tito's" regime being the glue.

Yup, it seems to me that the conflict is not recent.

@Rod1
Kosovo is the one conflict where foreign population were allowed in illegally, was granted welfare, housing, abolished from paying taxes, etc. In a couple of decades they completely overturned social, demographic and every other aspect of society, while native population was pressured into it by its own government.

I am not sure things will go south in UE the way they did in Yougoslavia.
You got some kind of perfect storm with the collapse of the 'multi-state', the not-so-old neighbours rivalries and the muslim expansionism.
In western Europe the memories of wars are a long time behind us and the social engineering done in the 3+ last decades has left people deprived of critical thinking, egoistical and spineless.
I don't see anything happening in the big 3 (UK, Germany, France) in the near future. I mean in France our jails are ridden of muslims, police stations/patrols do get attacked, babies of africain/caribbean descent being born are near 40% (up to 75% in the capital) yet serous immigration talk is still viewed as an extreme-right thing.
But I am no Nostradamus, a sparkle could very well ignitiate fire in east germany, italy or greece. That or local jihadists taking to an unexpected/unmanageable level.

@bad mojo

Ill take your word on the muslim thing since they did the same thing in Syria, but if Serbs were so innocent why did you guys also fought against Croats?

They were allied with nazis in ww2 n Nazi like elements were resurfacing in Croatia in late 80s. Since serbs were primary targets of those ww2 croatian nazis, they mobilized against the new croatian regime

@Rod1
Kosovo is the one conflict where foreign population were allowed in illegally, was granted welfare, housing, abolished from paying taxes, etc. In a couple of decades they completely overturned social, demographic and every other aspect of society, while native population was pressured into it by its own government.

Yes, but i think you are hiding some details for us, because the same doesn't applies to Croatia and you guys went to war with them too.

They were allied with nazis in ww2 n Nazi like elements were resurfacing in Croatia in late 80s. Since serbs were primary targets of those ww2 croatian nazis, they mobilized against the new croatian regime

Right Croats were nazis in the 80s and deserved all they got?

Why did Croats helped the Nazis in the first place? it seems to me that there is a lot of history going on.

I am not sure things will go south in UE the way they did in Yougoslavia.
You got some kind of perfect storm with the collapse of the 'multi-state', the not-so-old neighbours rivalries and the muslim expansionism.
In western Europe the memories of wars are a long time behind us and the social engineering done in the 3+ last decades has left people deprived of critical thinking, egoistical and spineless.
I don't see anything happening in the big 3 (UK, Germany, France) in the near future. I mean in France our jails are ridden of muslims, police stations/patrols do get attacked, babies of africain/caribbean descent being born are near 40% (up to 75% in the capital) yet serous immigration talk is still viewed as an extreme-right thing.
But I am no Nostradamus, a sparkle could very well ignitiate fire in east germany, italy or greece. That or local jihadists taking to an unexpected/unmanageable level.

I truly hope you're right. Judging by the way things are going, I'm worried for Europe's future.

Back