A bloody end to a multicultural fairy-tale: Balkan wars

Yeah it might have been surviving relatives of the victims of his genocide and ethnic cleansing.

There's no reason for them to be bias.

Yeah, cause all of them are 100% truthful n it’s impossible they also have an agenda...

Look it’s war n horrible things happen

War crimes are committed

But the thing is they are committed on both sides

When media outlets ignore crimes committed on one side n exaggerated the crimes committed on the other, it’s no longer just “reporting the news”

It’s creating a narrative

Right Croats were nazis in the 80s and deserved all they got?

Why did Croats helped the Nazis in the first place? it seems to me that there is a lot of history going on.

Croats were strictly business. They wanted their independent state for the first time in history, back in 1930s. The problem was that around 30% of population were Serbs, who wanted federal state with Serbia. So they decided to get rid of the Serbs. In 90s, one of the first laws that independent Croatia passed was that Serbs are no longer considered a constitutional ethnicity, basically stripping them of their civil rights. Serbs in Croatia rebelled.

Right Croats were nazis in the 80s and deserved all they got?

Why did Croats helped the Nazis in the first place? it seems to me that there is a lot of history going on.

What do you mean “all they got”?

They didn’t get much n kicked out most of the serbs living in Croatia without anybody condemning them.

When it comes to Croats n nazis...

It’s most likley cause Germans were thr nazis.

If german were the communists, they would’ve probably been communist as well.

However Croats are/were fanatical Catholics so it explains why they were far right in ww2 n some are still to this day

Croats were strictly business. They wanted their independent state for the first time in history, back in 1930s. The problem was that around 30% of population were Serbs, who wanted federal state with Serbia. So they decided to get rid of the Serbs. In 90s, one of the first laws that independent Croatia passed was that Serbs are no longer considered a constitutional ethnicity, basically stripping them of their civil rights. Serbs in Croatia rebelled.

They also illegally declared independence (just like Bosnia)

However Croats are/were fanatical Catholics so it explains why they were far right in ww2 n some are still to this day

So its not just muslims? its also catholics?

given my experience with Serb refugees here in Australia.
no offense, you probably experienced it with some gypsies. it's a common issue with them.
btw, the wars didn't start because the people hated eachother, but because the west, especially germany sponsored and funded separatism.
also most of those "independent" countries now have a massive problem with their fleeing youth. ask some croats.

Last edited:
no offense, you probably experienced it with some gypsies. it's a common issue with them.
btw, the wars didn't start because the people hated eachother, but because the west, especially germany sponsored and funded separatism.
also most of those "independent" counties now have a massive problem with their fleeing youth. ask some croats.

I didn't want to get into a debate about that. It is very ignorant to claim all Serbs are criminals and then accuse someone of "muslim bashing". At least @Ruprecht excluded Serbian women from that generalization in his other post. I hope that this thread don't go that way, since I started it because some of our Sherbros wanted me to share the first-hand experience of going through and fighting in a civil war.

...and massacre 8000 boys and men in Srebrenica. Good times.

In fairness you're talking about a separate event and one not controlled by Milosevic. You're talking about something that happened before 1998 and was under the command of Ratko Mladic who was a Bosnian Serb (different army) and batshit crazy after his daughter died... Let's stick to facts

also most of those "independent" counties now have a massive problem with their fleeing youth. ask some croats.

We've had Roma here since WWII, but they don't have the reputation here that they do in Europe. I doubt it, although I suppose gypsies call their kids names like Zeljko and Vlado in the Balkans?

Organised crime was also a large part of it, although I don't think I've met any of them. Unless you count the bikies (lots of Serb bikies). They've been here since the '70s and brought more over as family. Supposedly a bunch of Zemun Clan members also fled here during the crackdown after they assassinated the PM.

Not that people are likely to distinguish between Croatians, Serbs and Bosniaks over here. The similarities between Balkans are more noticeable than the differences in this context. We still usually lump them together as, "former Yugoslavians".

@bad mojo If you could please describe the fighting for us. What was that experience like for you. Were there clearly defined front lines or was this a personal war, kind of thing. I want to get out of the specific politics of who did what (to avoid that silly debate), as much as getting your on the ground personal experience. As in what is the street view of things.

No street view if in mainland Serbia. Not a shot was fired. I was there 1985-2004

Last edited:
Serbian revisionist history really has no shame. I guess he got the name butcher of Bosnia because he was handing out steaks and shit.

Ok, this isn't logic. For example I can start calling you arbitrarily the cow rapist of San Fernando valley and another poster could latch onto that saying "well prutfis didn't get called the cow rapist of San Fernando valley by chance!" and that would be no more valid than what you just said. Truth is much murkier than we who are pretty far removed from it all are able to grasp. I'm not saying that he wasn't a monster - merely that you have no direct knowledge of it and should speak of it with that in mind

Ok, Sherbros. In another thread concerning the future of Europe, I've posted some some opinions based on personal experiences of living through the collapse of Yugoslavia, or "mini-EU" as it was often called before in ended in civil and religious wars. @Greoric and @sniper took some interest in my experiences and suggested a new thread.

I'm open for any political, historic and real-life military questions you may have, and will try to stay as objective as possible.

I'll use a part of my post from that thread to start:

Majority of people don't know, there was a huge muslim immigration after the WW2. In 70s, Yugoslav government imposed state policy called "Brotherhood and Unity". It is EXACTLY the same thing as today's "diversity". I'm Serbian, Orthodox Christian. My parents had to baptize me in secret, because being Christian was considered backwards and nationalistic. At the same time, thousands upon thousands of muslims from Albania were allowed to enter southern province of Serbia, Kosovo. They were given free housing, welfare, payed no taxes. As the years went by, mosques started popping everywhere. Crime soared. Serbs started leaving Kosovo for northern parts of Serbia.

During the 80s, "no go zones" started forming. You couldn't speak Serbian there. Cars would be set on fire, churches also. Police were attacked constantly. More Serbs fled. In 90s, Yugoslavia fell apart. Serbia was helping Serbs in Bosnia and Croatia and was unable to deal with muslim threat in Kosovo. By 1998, muslims from all over middle-east arrived there and Milošević was forced to take action. NATO bombings started and
the rest is well known.
Rewriting history. The serb were the bad guys in that war just as the Nazis was the bad guys in ww2. The amount of raping, kiliing and burying people alive you lot did is unheard of. The world couldnt look away anymore and united against you. But sure it was everyone else fault

Rewriting history. The serb were the bad guys in that war just as the Nazis was the bad guys in ww2. The amount of raping, kiliing and burying people alive you lot did is unheard of. The world couldnt look away anymore and united against you. But sure it was everyone else fault
As I've said earlier, this kind of crap was something I was expecting when starting this thread. More than 2 million Serbs were killed during the WW2, and were the only nations that fought against nazis in Balkans. Please do me a favor and next time you meet a Serb, call him a nazi. Report back to Sherdog with your findings.

The problem isnt "Multiculturalism". The problem is when 2 opposing cultures attempt to live together.

America is proof that most cultures can not only exist together, but become an even better thing. Just look at Christmas today...Santa Claus is a thing created out of Kris Kringle, Old Saint Nick and Father Christmas...the way he looks today is a culmination of the joining of that figure over time, in America, including "what he does" as not all of them was of a man that went around giving presents to EVERYONE...even some of the Christmas sayings come from yet more cultures. Things like "Yuletide/Yule time greetings"...the Yuletide was a Norse celebration for ODIN...

Back to the point. You can find Asian culture all over America, they even celebrate a yearly Sakura/Cherry Blossom festival every single year in D.C. under the 1000+ Japanese Sakura trees and is now the largest spring celebration in the country. There are Japanese restaurants all over the place, Karate is one of the largest martial arts taught here, Anime is as much a part of the culture here as in Japan and who the fuck doesnt want to be a Ninja other than dirty Pirates?!?

You wont get this with Islam. Not yet. They need the equivalent of an Enlightenment like in Europe 500 years ago. Until then, they are labeled an Apostate if they dont fall in line and the line says to give on nothing making integrating near impossible on important things. They need more people speaking out on changes, and reformation/modernization...they need a resurgence of the original Islam that made them the intellectual light of the world for 400 years.

The problem isnt "Multiculturalism". The problem is when 2 opposing cultures attempt to live together.

America is proof that most cultures can not only exist together, but become an even better thing. Just look at Christmas today...Santa Claus is a thing created out of Kris Kringle, Old Saint Nick and Father Christmas...the way he looks today is a culmination of the joining of that figure over time, in America, including "what he does" as not all of them was of a man that went around giving presents to EVERYONE...even some of the Christmas sayings come from yet more cultures. Things like "Yuletide/Yule time greetings"...the Yuletide was a Norse celebration for ODIN...

Back to the point. You can find Asian culture all over America, they even celebrate a yearly Sakura/Cherry Blossom festival every single year in D.C. under the 1000+ Japanese Sakura trees and is now the largest spring celebration in the country. There are Japanese restaurants all over the place, Karate is one of the largest martial arts taught here, Anime is as much a part of the culture here as in Japan and who the fuck doesnt want to be a Ninja other than dirty Pirates?!?

You wont get this with Islam. Not yet. They need the equivalent of an Enlightenment like in Europe 500 years ago. Until then, they are labeled an Apostate if they dont fall in line and the line says to give on nothing making integrating near impossible on important things. They need more people speaking out on changes, and reformation/modernization...they need a resurgence of the original Islam that made them the intellectual light of the world for 400 years.

Quality post.

As I've said earlier, this kind of crap was something I was expecting when starting this thread. More than 2 million Serbs were killed during the WW2, and were the only nations that fought against nazis in Balkans. Please do me a favor and next time you meet a Serb, call him a nazi. Report back to Sherdog with your findings.
0Im not gonna call random serbs nazi and I didnt say you were nazis. I said just as the nazis was the bad guys in the ww2.....you were the bad guys in this war. I have noticed serbs trying to rewrite history and portray themselves as good guys. But I have lived among serbs and know you guys very well. If I really said my views about serbs, I would be banned

0Im not gonna call random serbs nazi and I didnt say you were nazis. I said just as the nazis was the bad guys in the ww2.....you were the bad guys in this war. I have noticed serbs trying to rewrite history and portray themselves as good guys. But I have lived among serbs and know you guys very well. If I really said my views about serbs, I would be banned

I don't have "views" about Croats, muslims or whoever else. I posted my views and experiences of what happened during the fall of multicultural Yugoslavia. Never have I generalized anyone in my posts. You obviously do hold some views, about all Serbs. So who's the nazi here?

Back