“Both of the principals in 225’s main event would crush and version of Anderson Silva”

Hendo was not tailor made for Anderson — he was a stylistic nightmare for him. At least 40-50% of people, myself included, picked Hendo to win that fight.

An uncrackable chin — Anderson dented it. Olympic-level wrestling — Anderson nullified it. Great submission defense that only the Nogs could overcome — Anderson subbed him easier than both of them.

There is no “hype fraud” to going 16-0 with 14 devastating finishes to start your UFC career while fighting only top-10 fighters and people in the weight class above you. That will never, ever happen again. Sucks you had to miss it.
HAHAHAHA
Again this myth of Hendo and his Olympic wrestling,guess what,his MMA wrestling sucks so no point bringing that up
Romero would trash andy in every second of their lfietime

HAHAHAHA
Again this myth of Hendo and his Olympic wrestling,guess what,his MMA wrestling sucks so no point bringing that up
Lol

HAHAHAHA
You mean like when he took the best version of Rampage ever down with ease and controlled him for the first two rounds right before he fought Silva?

Anderson benefited from good timing and good match making.

The whole 'live in the matrix' thing was complete nonsense. He beat up Forest Griffin, coming off a KO loss. On what planet does the worlds P4P #1 fighter, book with someone who was just knocked out? Keith @%@& Jardine knocked out Forest. It's just easy match making.

Weidman summarily took him down and dribbled his head off the canvas in the first round of their first fight. Sonnen beat the brakes off him for 4.5 rounds.

You have to be willfully ignorant to say Anderson could compete with Yoel, look what Weidman did to him without breaking a sweat.

Yeah I think Yoel would be a tougher match for him. Styles make fights.

Whittaker no doubt has great wrestling but it's hard to know how good it is solely based on his fight with Yoel. In my opinion I never felt like Yoel has a great top control game. And from what we have seen, Whittaker is great at escaping from the bottom. .

Hendo wasn't 'an Olympic level wrestler' since the 90's. There's a reason the word 'Hendonitis' means a wrestler that falls in love with the hands and forgets how to grapple. I mean, the guy was badly outwrestled by welterweight Jake Shields and even got out wrestled by Shogun. He is a Leben type sprawl and brawler that tucks his chin, goes forward and throws blindly: a sniper like Andy, a guy that can strike off the rear is tailor made for that style.

Admittedly at the time, I don't think we knew enough about Andy and thought Dan would resemble his former Pride self, and tho it took him a while to find his step again, I also liked his chances more in that fight.

Again "16-0" means little when you are fighting the likes of Leben, Cote, Leites, Bonnar, Irvin, TRT less Vitor, Lutter, Xanaxed out Forrest, etc. Ronda was 12-0, also had amazing finishes, was also hyped by Zuffa and also feasted on unready or over matched opponents until she fought her first new breed fighter. Heck, Julio Cesar Neves was an amazing 30-0, but he got his ass whipped when he fought remotely decent competetion - not that I'm saying Andy is Julio Cesar Neves, record just means little when the opposition is weak. Yoel, Chris, Luke, K-Gas, Jacare and Luke have all lost, but that caliber of elite opponent is something Andy never regularly faced - and it's also the sign of a healthily developed elite top tier of a division.

With Andy taking roids, PED's and HGH, he was like the fountain of youth and got better as he aged, just like TRiTor, so I don't buy this "Andy was over the hill when he fought Teh Chris"; for I actually think the Andy that got KO'd would have beaten the Andy that beat Vitor. He was the best MW for a time, just like Royce was, no doubt, but as soon as the game evolved (which was much to his raising the bar), and as soon as he simply fought a new breed of larger athletic & complete fighter, he did not seem so invincible anymore - just like Ronda, Tyson and other over hyped fighters.

The Andy Nostalgia is strong here and I get that. Emotion clouds judgement, especially when it concerns a hero of ours, but it does not change the fact that these new breed of fighters would beat even the best version of Andy. I think the GOAT is Fedor, but I also have the frame of mind to acknowledge that these new breed heavyweights would chew him up and spit him up; everything is relative to it's time and this sport has advanced tremendously, and is a place where the slow unathletic white sprawl and brawl guys that reigned supreme can no longer cut it at the elite levels - just as a one dimensional counter striker like Andy could not hang with an incredibly athletic, explosive and well rounded guy like Yoel.
Thanks for the essay dude. You’re still ignoring the fact that Hendo outwrestled prime Rampage for the first two rounds right before fighting Silva. Just because he didn’t like to use his wrestling doesn’t mean he didn’t have it... you don’t just forget how to wrestle. He put it to use pretty well in the first round against Anderson too, but couldn’t get anything done once it hit the ground. Makes sense he would just try to trade with him after that, seeing as he wins almost every firefight he gets into. Just so happens his howitzer for a right hand ran into the best sniper in the game.

As for you trying to discredit Silva’s 16-0 run with 14 finishes, including TWELVE championship fights, like I said, that will never happen again. It’s the greatest run of dominance our sport has ever seen and your misguided opinions about his level of competition won’t do anything to change that. The guy freaking destroyed Rich twice, Hendo, Marquardt, Okami, Vitor and many more all inside two rounds. That’s a murderer’s row if I’ve ever seen one.

BTW as a huge GSP fan I was always rooting for Anderson to lose so GSP could take over as P4P #1. I’m not blinded by nostalgia. I just give credit where it’s due.

Prime Anderson these days would get popped in the first week of his training camp.

Fighting evolves, Whittaker and Romero are miles ahead of that Brazilian fraud in his prime. But hey Sherdog, I am sorry for disrespecting your cheating hero.

That guy is a F#Cking moron

He does have an account on here to ask him about his opinion before trashing him... But I believe they would be a huge step up from guys like Maia and Cote...
Wait... you saying the Anderson Silva has an account here or you talking about someone else?

He does have an account on here to ask him about his opinion before trashing him... But I believe they would be a huge step up from guys like Maia and Cote...

Those fights happened after Anderson cleaned out his division beating guys like Hendo, Franklin and Marquardt. There's no doubt MW is a better division now than it was then, but let's not act like guys like Rich, Hendo, Okami, Vitor, Chael, etc... wouldn't be in the discussion now. Michael fn Bisping held a MW belt very recently (after beating an old Anderson in a controversial fight) and Maia challenged for the WW title recently.

Anderson has top five wins in three weight classes, gave Cormier a tougher fight than any LHW sans Jones, and made experienced, successful, championship caliber fighters look downright foolish at times.

If Romero was intent on grappling, that's a tough matchup for Anderson in his prime but he has 25 mins to find his chin and end the fight. Whittaker's style plays right into Anderson's game, we've seen a great counter striker beat Whittaker in Wonderboy, and Silva is a much more brutal finisher. To write off 2006-2012 Anderson against anyone is foolish, especially a primary striker.

He didn't "cheat once but twice". He tested positive twice. They are all "cheating", getting caught is a detail.

This silly puritanism you kids require from the sport is childish. Belief in "clean fighters" is outright ridiculous.

"kids"

compares join date.....

Who said anything about belief?

Silva's wins are so massively overrated by his cult muppets it is sad to see.

How many guys ever submitted Dan Henderson?

Two.

Anderson, and Big Nog.

How many guys finished Franklin with strikes?
Three, with Anderson doing it twice.

How many guys finished Chael with strikes in the UFC?
Three, Anderson, Jon Jones and Rashad Evans.

How many guys beat Carlos Newton with strikes?
Two, Anderson Silva and Matt Hughes.

How many other fighters have top five wins in three weight classes? I'll wait.

I really hope you're trolling with statements like this

Don't really care about your other random extreme views. Whittaker could beat him standing or on the ground.

Not flaming, but why do you believe Whittaker beats Anderson standing? What great strikers has he defeated?

Not flaming, but why do you believe Whittaker beats Anderson standing? What great strikers has he defeated?
I believe he's competent enough to beat anyone. Weidman caught Anderson, although I know it wasn't his prime. If Yoel didn't have a superhuman ability to eat punches the fight would've been finished standing.

He's damn sure a different level from Vitor, who's probably the best striker Anderson beat standing.

I believe he's competent enough to beat anyone. Weidman caught Anderson, although I know it wasn't his prime. If Yoel didn't have a superhuman ability to eat punches the fight would've been finished standing.

He's damn sure a different level from Vitor, who's probably the best striker Anderson beat standing.

Technical striking possibly, but he doesn't possess the crazy finishing power Anderson showed at times. He's also more diverse striking wise, finishing guys with punches, kicks, knees and elbows.
Vitor was prob most dangerous striker Anderson faced, but Franklin may have been best complete striker.
Anderson also had a superhuman chin during his run, eating flush shots from KO monsters like Hendo and Vitor like nothing. The GIF of Andy allowing Jorge Riveria to land blow after blow in the clinch and just laughing at him (and then finishing him) was one of the most disrespectful moments in MMA, showed zero respect for anyone power because his chin was iron until Weidman cracked it.

Romero would be a tough style match up but I would favour Silva in his heyday... but come on, he would knock Whittaker out

I dunno about whittaker, but I'd bet a large sum of money yoel would tear anderson apart.

Back