“Both of the principals in 225’s main event would crush and version of Anderson Silva”

Big fan of all three. Silva ko’s both in the same night. Rob in first and Romero in third. There’s nothing to be ashamed of if you got ko’d by Spider. Even though Rob and Romero showed us maybe the best fight of MW Division.

I really hope you're trolling with statements like this

Don't really care about your other random extreme views. Whittaker could beat him standing or on the ground.

Don't really care about your other random extreme views. Anderson could beat him standing or on the ground.

Don't really care about your other random extreme views. Anderson could beat him standing or on the ground.
Ah ok. Despite not actually knowing or caring much about the sport you spend your free time trolling an MMA message board.

Well I hope you find happiness anyway

Ah ok. Despite not actually knowing or caring much about the sport you spend your free time trolling an MMA message board.

Well I hope you find happiness anyway
Most people agree that Anderson finishes any MW ever. He’s that good. Sucks that you missed his prime.

Bye Felicia

Most people agree that Anderson finishes any MW ever. He’s that good. Sucks that you missed his prime.

Bye Felicia
I didn't miss his prime when he beat Leben, Lutter and Maqrquardt lol. Most people here don't know shit about the sport and likes mean nothing. No need to respond again dude don't really care what you have to say tbh

I didn't miss his prime, most people here don't know shit about the sport and likes mean nothing. No need to respond again dude don't really care what you have to say tbh
This is my parting message to you.

Anderson is the GOAT and finishes any MW ever.

Deal with it.

Anderson is a match up nightmare for Bobby Knuckles. Whittaker takes a nap for sure.
Vice versa for Yoel and Anderson though. Romero would probably TKO Anderson.

The likes don’t lie buddy.

That’s not necessarily true. Say I were to post a comment saying Anderson was not even a top 5 MW GOAT. Along with that post I could include a pic of the Mrs. BumBum 2017 contestants bent over doggystyle in thongs.

I’d get a shitload of likes, but that doesn’t make the comment more accurate.

romero is a tougher fight for silva for sure

i dont see how he thinks whittaker would just steamroll anderson. anderson made guys look downright amateur at times.

yeah he reminds me of Mighty Mouse situation though .. Alot of them guys just aren't on his level ..

then you throw in PED's and boom dude is a killer

That’s not necessarily true. Say I were to post a comment saying Anderson was not even a top 5 MW GOAT. Along with that post I could include a pic of the Mrs. BumBum 2017 contestants bent over doggystyle in thongs.

I’d get a shitload of likes, but that doesn’t make the comment more accurate.
A07D95F7-B1F5-49BA-A9B9-317A54B2203E.png

Prime Anderson beats any of these current MWs. He was waaaaay ahead of the curve, and you guys forget too quickly and get enumerated too easily with this boring robotic current fighters.

The only person from WW to LHW who prime Anderson would not beat is Jones.

Prime Anderson is the best MMA fighter to ever practice the sport. Too bad if you guys missed it.

Staff writer Ben Duffy shitting on Anderson Silva’s legacy and greatness is pretty pathetic.

In his article, “Finding A New Trojan Horse,” Ben Duffy makes this very disrespectful and ignorant claim. I’m probably being over sensitive because Ben Duffy is not some authority whose opponents opinion means much. But this assertion still bothers me.

It may be true that a prime Anderson loses to either Robert or Yoel. But there’s also a good chance he’d beat either one. It’s impossible to say. I just think Duffy’s logic is garbage. He basically believes that both Yoel and Robert would crush any version of Anderson because the game has evolved so much. So even though neither guy has done what Anderson has, they’re simply better because their the current top guys, and Silva peaked about 10 years ago?

What do you guys think about this claim?

Saying the game has evolved so much isn't disrespectful towards Silva.

You judge fighter legacies across generations by comparing them to the crop of opponents they fought from their era, not by comparing them by fighters that shined 5-10 years after them.

Artem Lobov would probably mop the floor with Royce Gracie but his legacy is 1/5000th that of Royce.

As far as assessing his claim- he might be right.

When Silva was in his prime, simple front kicks, flying knees, hyper-active footwork, etc. put him miles and miles ahead of his opponents.

There are simple, everyday things in 2018... thanks in large part to Anderson Silva himself.

Hendo was not tailor made for Anderson — he was a stylistic nightmare for him. At least 40-50% of people, myself included, picked Hendo to win that fight.

An uncrackable chin — Anderson dented it. Olympic-level wrestling — Anderson nullified it. Great submission defense that only the Nogs could overcome — Anderson subbed him easier than both of them.

There is no “hype fraud” to going 16-0 with 14 devastating finishes to start your UFC career while fighting only top-10 fighters and people in the weight class above you. That will never, ever happen again. Sucks you had to miss it.
Hendo wasn't 'an Olympic level wrestler' since the 90's. There's a reason the word 'Hendonitis' means a wrestler that falls in love with the hands and forgets how to grapple. I mean, the guy was badly outwrestled by welterweight Jake Shields and even got out wrestled by Shogun. He is a Leben type sprawl and brawler that tucks his chin, goes forward and throws blindly: a sniper like Andy, a guy that can strike off the rear is tailor made for that style.

Admittedly at the time, I don't think we knew enough about Andy and thought Dan would resemble his former Pride self, and tho it took him a while to find his step again, I also liked his chances more in that fight.

Again "16-0" means little when you are fighting the likes of Leben, Cote, Leites, Bonnar, Irvin, TRT less Vitor, Lutter, Xanaxed out Forrest, etc. Ronda was 12-0, also had amazing finishes, was also hyped by Zuffa and also feasted on unready or over matched opponents until she fought her first new breed fighter. Heck, Julio Cesar Neves was an amazing 30-0, but he got his ass whipped when he fought remotely decent competetion - not that I'm saying Andy is Julio Cesar Neves, record just means little when the opposition is weak. Yoel, Chris, Luke, K-Gas, Jacare and Luke have all lost, but that caliber of elite opponent is something Andy never regularly faced - and it's also the sign of a healthily developed elite top tier of a division.

With Andy taking roids, PED's and HGH, he was like the fountain of youth and got better as he aged, just like TRiTor, so I don't buy this "Andy was over the hill when he fought Teh Chris"; for I actually think the Andy that got KO'd would have beaten the Andy that beat Vitor. He was the best MW for a time, just like Royce was, no doubt, but as soon as the game evolved (which was much to his raising the bar), and as soon as he simply fought a new breed of larger athletic & complete fighter, he did not seem so invincible anymore - just like Ronda, Tyson and other over hyped fighters.

The Andy Nostalgia is strong here and I get that. Emotion clouds judgement, especially when it concerns a hero of ours, but it does not change the fact that these new breed of fighters would beat even the best version of Andy. I think the GOAT is Fedor, but I also have the frame of mind to acknowledge that these new breed heavyweights would chew him up and spit him up; everything is relative to it's time and this sport has advanced tremendously, and is a place where the slow unathletic white sprawl and brawl guys that reigned supreme can no longer cut it at the elite levels - just as a one dimensional counter striker like Andy could not hang with an incredibly athletic, explosive and well rounded guy like Yoel.

Last edited:
PEDs are irrelevant in that discussion.

?

So you are saying that a fighter that has cheated through the use of PED's not once but twice and has likely been using them his entire career is worthy of GOAT status?

You my friend are in a distinct minority here at Sherdog...

?

So you are saying that a fighter that has cheated through the use of PED's not once but twice and has likely been using them his entire career is worthy of GOAT status?

You my friend are in a distinct minority here at Sherdog...
He didn't "cheat once but twice". He tested positive twice. They are all "cheating", getting caught is a detail.

This silly puritanism you kids require from the sport is childish. Belief in "clean fighters" is outright ridiculous.

Hendo wasn't 'an Olympic level wrestler' since the 90's. There's a reason the word 'Hendonitis' means a wrestler that falls in love with the hands and forgets how to grapple. I mean, the guy was badly outwrestled by welterweight Jake Shields and even got out wrestled by Shogun. He is a Leben type sprawl and brawler that tucks his chin, goes forward and throws blindly: a sniper like Andy, a guy that can strike off the rear is tailor made for that style.

Admittedly at the time, I don't think we knew enough about Andy and thought Dan would resemble his former Pride self, and tho it took him a while to find his step again, I also liked his chances more in that fight.

Again "16-0" means little when you are fighting the likes of Leben, Cote, Leites, Bonnar, Irvin, TRT less Vitor, Lutter, Xanaxed out Forrest, etc. Ronda was 12-0, also had amazing finishes, was also hyped by Zuffa and also feasted on unready or over matched opponents until she fought her first new breed fighter. Heck, Julio Cesar Neves was an amazing 30-0, but he got his ass whipped when he fought remotely decent competetion - not that I'm saying Andy is Julio Cesar Neves, record just means little when the opposition is weak. Yoel, Chris, Luke, K-Gas, Jacare and Luke have all lost, but that caliber of elite opponent is something Andy never regularly faced - and it's also the sign of a healthily developed elite top tier of a division.

With Andy taking roids, PED's and HGH, he was like the fountain of youth and got better as he aged, just like TRiTor, so I don't buy this "Andy was over the hill when he fought Teh Chris"; for I actually think the Andy that got KO'd would have beaten the Andy that beat Vitor. He was the best MW for a time, just like Royce was, no doubt, but as soon as the game evolved (which was much to his raising the bar), and as soon as he simply fought a new breed of larger athletic & complete fighter, he did not seem so invincible anymore - just like Ronda, Tyson and other over hyped fighters.

The Andy Nostalgia is strong here and I get that. Emotion clouds judgement, especially when it concerns a hero of ours, but it does not change the fact that these new breed of fighters would beat even the best version of Andy. I think the GOAT is Fedor, but I also have the frame of mind to acknowledge that these new breed heavyweights would chew him up and spit him up; everything is relative to it's time and this sport has advanced tremendously, and is a place where the slow unathletic white sprawl and brawl guys that reigned supreme can no longer cut it at the elite levels - just as a one dimensional counter striker like Andy could not hang with an incredibly athletic, explosive and well rounded guy like Yoel.
Andy is the GOAT

Back