“Both of the principals in 225’s main event would crush and version of Anderson Silva”

Those fights happened after Anderson cleaned out his division beating guys like Hendo, Franklin and Marquardt. There's no doubt MW is a better division now than it was then, but let's not act like guys like Rich, Hendo, Okami, Vitor, Chael, etc... wouldn't be in the discussion now. Michael fn Bisping held a MW belt very recently (after beating an old Anderson in a controversial fight) and Maia challenged for the WW title recently.

Anderson has top five wins in three weight classes, gave Cormier a tougher fight than any LHW sans Jones, and made experienced, successful, championship caliber fighters look downright foolish at times.

If Romero was intent on grappling, that's a tough matchup for Anderson in his prime but he has 25 mins to find his chin and end the fight. Whittaker's style plays right into Anderson's game, we've seen a great counter striker beat Whittaker in Wonderboy, and Silva is a much more brutal finisher. To write off 2006-2012 Anderson against anyone is foolish, especially a primary striker.

Maia challenging for the WW title doesn't really helps your argument. He was a tiny MW grappler.

Yoel strikes too
Much and that wouldn’t be wise against Silva.
I’d bet on Anderson onboth fights and I wasn’t a huge fan of his

Anderson benefited from good timing and good match making.

The whole 'live in the matrix' thing was complete nonsense. He beat up Forest Griffin, coming off a KO loss. On what planet does the worlds P4P #1 fighter, book with someone who was just knocked out? Keith @%@& Jardine knocked out Forest. It's just easy match making.

Weidman summarily took him down and dribbled his head off the canvas in the first round of their first fight. Sonnen beat the brakes off him for 4.5 rounds.

You have to be willfully ignorant to say Anderson could compete with Yoel, look what Weidman did to him without breaking a sweat.
"You have to be willfully ignorant to say Anderson could compete with Yoel, look what Weidman did to him without breaking a sweat."

[sigh]

HAHAHAHA
Again this myth of Hendo and his Olympic wrestling,guess what,his MMA wrestling sucks so no point bringing that up
Romero would trash andy in every second of their lfietime
maybe when he got older, but when younger, did help him to contain bigger guys like Minotau...

Anderson made amateurs look amateur - he faced a new breed fighter once and got KTFO'd, faced him again and then ended up in the hospital for half a year. Whittaker would take him down or beat him up on the feet with his superior athletiscm. The bar in this sport was so low compared to now that you can't get by unless you are super strong in all areas, and Andy's TDD was just shite.

Best wins: Forrest was on xanax, Vitor wasn't on the T and Hendo is a hot/cold brawler that forgot how to wrestle and was tailor made for Andy.

It's just shocking that people acknowledge Rousey as a big fish in a small pond hype fraud but not Anderson. The Zuffa hype is still strong I guess.
Lmao Hendo wrestled Andy the whole first round, and got finished on the ground by Anderson in the second. Vitor WAS on TRT and Forrest was what, one fight removed from being the LHW champ?

Anderson would stiffen Whittaker and Yoel.

Prime Anderson was pin point - he'd eventually catch either guy.

Prime Anderson beats any MW and LHW who ever lived except Juiced Jones.

Agreed. I think Romero would be a tough test and COULD beat him, but yeah apart from Jones I wouldn't ever pick against Prime Andy

Prime silva was a different animal i know what he means tho.

Staff writer Ben Duffy shitting on Anderson Silva’s legacy and greatness is pretty pathetic.

In his article, “Finding A New Trojan Horse,” Ben Duffy makes this very disrespectful and ignorant claim. I’m probably being over sensitive because Ben Duffy is not some authority whose opponents opinion means much. But this assertion still bothers me.

It may be true that a prime Anderson loses to either Robert or Yoel. But there’s also a good chance he’d beat either one. It’s impossible to say. I just think Duffy’s logic is garbage. He basically believes that both Yoel and Robert would crush any version of Anderson because the game has evolved so much. So even though neither guy has done what Anderson has, they’re simply better because their the current top guys, and Silva peaked about 10 years ago?

What do you guys think about this claim?
Silva would KO Whittaker like Wonderboy did, Romero would be interesting but Anderson used to have a granite chin in his prime so I'd still favor Andy unless Romero wrestled him 5 rounds which isn't his style really.

Back