“Both of the principals in 225’s main event would crush and version of Anderson Silva”

Supposedly the game evolved a lot when Weidman beat Silva. Then the game evolved even more when Rockhold beat Weidman. What did we then see? TUF era Bisping who was eyeing retirement crush Rockhold on 2 weeks notice and then Bisping gets chocked out by GSP and holds the MW belt(Supposedly GSP couldn't compete with the current crop of WWs either and he went up and snagged the MW belt instead).

While it's true MMA does does get better people forget the more relevant fact that is true for ALL sports. Athletes have peaks and lows and ALL athletes eventually grow older and retire. No one says a top quarterback from 20 years ago couldn't compete in the NFL today but in MMA the game magically evolves so often that the last crop of guys can't compete with the current crop. I say thats complete bullshit.
Alls I know is that Yair Rpdriguez would wreck any version of BJ. A knowledgeable poster said it here.

Prime Anderson beats any MW and LHW who ever lived except Juiced Jones.

For all we know they were both juiced their entire careers. Neither have a good success rate passing any drug test that is worth a shit. Interesting they both started failing regularly when random drug testing was implemented. I for one think that both fighters have very very few fights as clean fighters. Anderson Silva failed 2/3 random drug tests he has ever received he is in the same category as Jones.

Staff writer Ben Duffy shitting on Anderson Silva’s legacy and greatness is pretty pathetic.

In his article, “Finding A New Trojan Horse,” Ben Duffy makes this very disrespectful and ignorant claim. I’m probably being over sensitive because Ben Duffy is not some authority whose opponents opinion means much. But this assertion still bothers me.

It may be true that a prime Anderson loses to either Robert or Yoel. But there’s also a good chance he’d beat either one. It’s impossible to say. I just think Duffy’s logic is garbage. He basically believes that both Yoel and Robert would crush any version of Anderson because the game has evolved so much. So even though neither guy has done what Anderson has, they’re simply better because their the current top guys, and Silva peaked about 10 years ago?

What do you guys think about this claim?

I find it funny when people talk about how much the "game has evolved"

" Fedor wouldn't even be top 10 today because the sport has evolved so much"

Total bs. Fedor is still basically the blueprint for success in MMA, well rounded skill set with the ability to win the fight where ever it's fought and the heart to overcome adversity and do what ever it takes to find a way to win.

The only thing that's evolved is that now there are more fighters that embodie this and it's not such an anomaly any more.

For all we know they were both juiced their entire careers. Neither have a good success rate passing any drug test that is worth a shit. Interesting they both started failing regularly when random drug testing was implemented. I for one think that both fighters have very very few fights as clean fighters. Anderson Silva failed 2/3 random drug tests he has ever received he is in the same category as Jones.

That can likely be said about 80% of there competition too. The steroids didn't make these guys special or all users would have had careers like them. Steroids help for sure but they aren't some magic potion that automatically make you amazing at whatever you do, for that you still have to be willing to work harder and be more determined than everyone else as well as being gifted with natural talent.

Anderson sucked in Pride, an org that openly encouraged steroid use, why is that? Is it because of the steroids or because before he met Nog he had one foot out the door and wasn't willing to put in the hard work required to succeed?

Anderson is the GOAT

Staff writer Ben Duffy shitting on Anderson Silva’s legacy and greatness is pretty pathetic.

In his article, “Finding A New Trojan Horse,” Ben Duffy makes this very disrespectful and ignorant claim. I’m probably being over sensitive because Ben Duffy is not some authority whose opponents opinion means much. But this assertion still bothers me.

It may be true that a prime Anderson loses to either Robert or Yoel. But there’s also a good chance he’d beat either one. It’s impossible to say. I just think Duffy’s logic is garbage. He basically believes that both Yoel and Robert would crush any version of Anderson because the game has evolved so much. So even though neither guy has done what Anderson has, they’re simply better because their the current top guys, and Silva peaked about 10 years ago?

What do you guys think about this claim?

Hi Ben Duffy. Clever way to promote yourself.

Romero explodes on Anderson, Anderson dodges, plants one right one the button and finishes with some follow up gnp.

Romero explodes on Anderson, Anderson dodges, plants one right one the button and finishes with some follow up gnp.
That's what I'm thinking. I can see why people think Yoel would beat Anderson, because he's a big strong guy with great wrestling. But his style is passive -> explode, which isn't what's going to beat Anderson.

I think Prime Silva fucks them both, tbh, hard and fast and no lube.

Gonna have to be a flying knee after watching Romero eat head kicks from Whittaker. Yoel is impervious to head kicks.

What about spinning backfists?

tumblr_o5gbcqfEq11ry1rm7o1_500.gif

Prime Anderson can KO Romero 5 different ways, depends on his mood at that moment.

Who the fuk is Ben duffy and why something he said should mean anything?
Prime Anderson would beat both.
AS would out strike Whitaker and goad Yoel into a flying knee. Prime AS was too much for all these guys

Who even cares...

There's no way to find out, so what does it matter?

Back