“Both of the principals in 225’s main event would crush and version of Anderson Silva”

mommas homeboy

Women with dicks are women too!
Reaction score
Staff writer Ben Duffy shitting on Anderson Silva’s legacy and greatness is pretty pathetic.

In his article, “Finding A New Trojan Horse,” Ben Duffy makes this very disrespectful and ignorant claim. I’m probably being over sensitive because Ben Duffy is not some authority whose opponents opinion means much. But this assertion still bothers me.

It may be true that a prime Anderson loses to either Robert or Yoel. But there’s also a good chance he’d beat either one. It’s impossible to say. I just think Duffy’s logic is garbage. He basically believes that both Yoel and Robert would crush any version of Anderson because the game has evolved so much. So even though neither guy has done what Anderson has, they’re simply better because their the current top guys, and Silva peaked about 10 years ago?

What do you guys think about this claim?

romero is a tougher fight for silva for sure

i dont see how he thinks whittaker would just steamroll anderson. anderson made guys look downright amateur at times.

Whittaker could possibly get matrixed by Silva. Don't know how Silva deals with Romero, though.

Prime Anderson beats any MW and LHW who ever lived except Juiced Jones.

I would favour Anderson against Rob

Yoel beats him pretty handily though, but or course Anderson always has a chance to smack him with a flying knee or head kick.

Yoel maybe beats Silva with his grappling, Robert I just don't see it. Silva is a vastly better striker than either. Would have him the favorite over both.

I think Yoel beats Anderson, just a terrible matchup for him. Whittaker is a much better fight for Andy stylistically.

The very next sentence in that article:

“All right, while half of the people reading this column are furiously scrolling to the comment section, let’s move on.”

He called it. Maybe should have said clicking on the forums, but he called it.

romero is a tougher fight for silva for sure

i dont see how he thinks whittaker would just steamroll anderson. anderson made guys look downright amateur at times.

Yeah, and remember. Anderson had a chin of steal. His striking was brutal as well. He was a much more lethal striker than Yoel or Robert. However, Yoel is a lot stronger and more explosive than Anderson so that fight would have been spectacular.

I think Yoel beats Anderson, just a terrible matchup for him. Whittaker is a much better fight for Andy stylistically.

Yoel also loves to stand around getting punched in the face instead of using his wrestling.

Yeah, and remember. Anderson had a chin of steal. His striking was brutal as well. He was a much more lethal striker than Yoel or Robert. However, Yoel is a lot stronger and more explosive than Anderson so that fight would have been spectacular.
yeah, its like they only wanna remember the sonnen 1 fight or something. they dont remember when he beat up franklin twice, ko'd nate the great, ko'd vitor, ko'd okami, and his 3 wins at 205 were all highlight reel finishes.

whittaker is awesome and has better wrestling than andy does but id take anderson in a striking fight over 5 rounds any day.

I would favour Anderson against Rob

Yoel beats him pretty handily though, but or course Anderson always has a chance to smack him with a flying knee or head kick.
Gonna have to be a flying knee after watching Romero eat head kicks from Whittaker. Yoel is impervious to head kicks.

Last edited:
If it's post-USADA, then I'd take both.

Both of them destroy Silva only delusion fanboys say otherwise.

He basically believes that both Yoel and Robert would crush any version of Anderson because the game has evolved so much.

Supposedly the game evolved a lot when Weidman beat Silva. Then the game evolved even more when Rockhold beat Weidman. What did we then see? TUF era Bisping who was eyeing retirement crush Rockhold on 2 weeks notice and then Bisping gets chocked out by GSP and holds the MW belt(Supposedly GSP couldn't compete with the current crop of WWs either and he went up and snagged the MW belt instead).

While it's true MMA does does get better people forget the more relevant fact that is true for ALL sports. Athletes have peaks and lows and ALL athletes eventually grow older and retire. No one says a top quarterback from 20 years ago couldn't compete in the NFL today but in MMA the game magically evolves so often that the last crop of guys can't compete with the current crop. I say thats complete bullshit.

yeah, its like they only wanna remember the sonnen 1 fight or something. they dont remember when he beat up franklin twice, ko'd nate the great, ko'd vitor, ko'd okami, and his 3 wins at 205 were all highlight reel finishes.

whittaker is awesome and has better wrestling than andy does but id take anderson in a striking fight over 5 rounds any day.

That is precisely why Duffy’s claim is such garbage.

He’s thinking of the Silva we’ve seen the last 3 or 4 times, against the current Robert and Yoel. They both just came off one of the greatest MW fights in UFC history.

That is precisely why Duffy’s claim is such garbage.

He’s thinking of the Silva we’ve seen the last 3 or 4 times, against the current Robert and Yoel. They both just came off one of the greatest MW fights in UFC history.
yea hes getting the fedor treatment - even when these guys are over 40 the haters are still gonna hate even when they lose at that age lol.

Anderson Silva now would flying knee both of those playbois

yea hes getting the fedor treatment - even when these guys are over 40 the haters are still gonna hate even when they lose at that age lol.
It’s because Fedor and Andy are the 2 GOATs.

Back