“Both of the principals in 225’s main event would crush and version of Anderson Silva”

Romero would eat toes.

Whittaker? Not sure, the slaughter would be cruel and vicious though.

Funny how everyone thought Silva was in his prime for his first fight with Weidman , 17 fight win streak, absolutely thrashed Bonnar at LHW, had an amazing come behind sub on Sonnen.

Then when he lost to Weidman the first time, diehard Silva fans immediately set about re-writing MMA history. He was past his prime, he had looked off in his last few fights (although his last 5 fights prior to Weidman were all easy finishes). etc.

We often say at sherdog that Fedor has the most deluded fan base but I still firmly believe that Silva has the highest quality of nut hugging possible.
Anderson is the GOAT

Deal with it.

Anderson would make bobby knuckles’ striking look pedestrian.

It would look like the Forrest fight.

Romero’s wrestling could be a problem, but his striking is so amateurish in comparison that anderson would ko him early in the second, only because anderson rarely does much in the first.

Yoel would stand around with his hands low, and anderson would highlight reel him with something spectacular like a spinning elbow or an axe kick.

Anderson is the GOAT

Deal with it.

I wish this weed true. And I believed it for year, and even perpetuated the belief.

But, sadly, anderson pissed hot.

I’m of the view that a failed piss test precludes a person from being goat.

I wish it weren’t the case, but it is.

Anderson was the GOAT along with GSP and Fedor right up until he failed twice for PED's.

Deal with it...
Anderson never popped during his prime and UFC record 17 fight win steak. Everyone is on steroids.

Andy is the GOAT.

Deal with it.

Anderson is the GOAT

Deal with it.
{<huh}
I mean he had a great career but having the greatest career doesn't mean you'd beat everyone. Yoel is a nightmare for him. Bob is a toss up. Anderson couldn't replicate what he did in today's division. He fought a lot of bums. Deal with it.

{<huh}
I mean he had a great career but having the greatest career doesn't mean you'd beat everyone. Yoel is a nightmare for him. Bob is a toss up. Anderson couldn't replicate what he did in today's division. He fought a lot of bums. Deal with it.
Prime Anderson beats any MW and LHW who ever lived except Juiced Jones.

Staff writer Ben Duffy shitting on Anderson Silva’s legacy and greatness is pretty pathetic.

In his article, “Finding A New Trojan Horse,” Ben Duffy makes this very disrespectful and ignorant claim. I’m probably being over sensitive because Ben Duffy is not some authority whose opponents opinion means much. But this assertion still bothers me.

It may be true that a prime Anderson loses to either Robert or Yoel. But there’s also a good chance he’d beat either one. It’s impossible to say. I just think Duffy’s logic is garbage. He basically believes that both Yoel and Robert would crush any version of Anderson because the game has evolved so much. So even though neither guy has done what Anderson has, they’re simply better because their the current top guys, and Silva peaked about 10 years ago?

What do you guys think about this claim?

While I don’t agree how he came to the conclusion I agree with his assessment, both of those guys beat any version of Silva however Yoel is by far the worst match up

Prime Anderson beats any MW and LHW who ever lived except Juiced Jones.
I don't think 40 year old Yoel has much of an issue with Anderson, let alone actually lose to him. Weidman, Whittaker... all these guys probably beat him. He never fought anybody like these guys during his streak

You can give props to his run without making silly comments out of left field about the current division which is clearly head and shoulders above the one Silva dominated

I don't think 40 year old Yoel has much of an issue with Anderson, let alone actually lose to him. Weidman, Whittaker... all these guys probably beat him. He never fought anybody like these guys during his streak

You can give props to his run without making silly comments out of left field about the current division which is clearly head and shoulders above the one Silva dominated
The likes don’t lie buddy. Prime Anderson stiffens Whittaker within 1 and Yoel within 3.

The likes don’t lie buddy.
I really hope you're trolling with statements like this

Don't really care about your other random extreme views. Whittaker could beat him standing or on the ground.

Anderson made amateurs look amateur - he faced a new breed fighter once and got KTFO'd, faced him again and then ended up in the hospital for half a year. Whittaker would take him down or beat him up on the feet with his superior athletiscm. The bar in this sport was so low compared to now that you can't get by unless you are super strong in all areas, and Andy's TDD was just shite.

Best wins: Forrest was on xanax, Vitor wasn't on the T and Hendo is a hot/cold brawler that forgot how to wrestle and was tailor made for Andy.

It's just shocking that people acknowledge Rousey as a big fish in a small pond hype fraud but not Anderson. The Zuffa hype is still strong I guess.
Hendo was not tailor made for Anderson — he was a stylistic nightmare for him. At least 40-50% of people, myself included, picked Hendo to win that fight.

An uncrackable chin — Anderson dented it. Olympic-level wrestling — Anderson nullified it. Great submission defense that only the Nogs could overcome — Anderson subbed him easier than both of them.

There is no “hype fraud” to going 16-0 with 14 devastating finishes to start your UFC career while fighting only top-10 fighters and people in the weight class above you. That will never, ever happen again. Sucks you had to miss it.

Back