Zahabi warns Adesanya:"Do not go up to fight Jon Jones. Ive been in the gym with him. He's too much"

I think he knows better. I expect for Israel to get better and better over time, too.

Jones is the greatest ever. Anyone who follows MMA and has an IQ above 80 knows this. I'm a huge Adesanya fan, but he'd get destroyed against Jones. Only person I can see beating Jones is Ngannou.

Most people think a 1 legged MW won the fight 3-2. A fake knock down in round 2 is what won Jones the fight.

Someone should've told Santos to not move up from middleweight to challenge Jones, we all knew he was going to get smashed... o wait

<OKC16>

Yeah cuz Israel n thiago have the same body type and fighting style/skills

What a moronic post.

So let me get this straight.....Anthony Smith who for the longest time was a mid tier fighter moved up and went 5 rounds with Jones, stopped more than half his takedowns and didn't take much damage at all. Thiago Santos, another guys Smiths level for most of his career took Jon to a split dec....most thought he won that fight. And Izzy who offers a better skills set is gonna get dominated and it won't look pretty?? Man, some of these guys even though they are trainers seem to have no clue what is going on. At the least give Izzy some credibility that he can make the fight competitive based on other MWs moving up.

Someone should've told Santos to not move up from middleweight to challenge Jones, we all knew he was going to get smashed... o wait

<OKC16>

Lmao
giphy.gif

I think we are seeing the end of Jones reign tbh. He's been around for quite some time now.

Everyone expected a walk through the park against Smith and Santos and we have seen the complete opposite.

The Santos fight was very, very close. I don't see why Izzy wouldn't stand a chance.

I can see Izzy beating Jones

It sounds crazy but Jones hasn't looked very good recently and this guy just keeps getting better. He would need to put on some size but I think he could do it.

He must knows how much steroids Jon Jones the bitch is taking.

And I'm much more interested in Israel/Costa anyway.

This is my thought, his overwhelming physical dominance seems to be a thing of the past, he has gone from ragdolling other high level wrestlers to struggling to grapple with kickboxers from lower weight classes. Prime Jones would mangle Adesanya and it would be brutal, but at this point I'm not so sure.

exactly this. i don't see how people haven't seen it. Jon Jones is declining and he's declining pretty quickly. he used to thrash people in the clinch, he used to be aggressive on the feet with his oblique kicks and used his long reach to frame off opponents to elbow etc., all of those things are gone. he hasn't done any of those things for years.

against Thiago Santos he literally stood there and ALLOWED Santos to fight him for 5 rds. the Jon Jones who had a war with Gus in the first fight would've destroyed Santos the second he saw Santos' leg give out.

i've been saying it for sometime now, his days are numbered as a champion.

To early for that fight...

<OKC16>

Santos Bless

israel makes quick work of jones if jones is off his special vitamins

Jones is the greatest ever. Anyone who follows MMA and has an IQ above 80 knows this. I'm a huge Adesanya fan, but he'd get destroyed against Jones. Only person I can see beating Jones is Ngannou.

One legged and one kneed Santos beat a 32 year old Jones

This is my thought, his overwhelming physical dominance seems to be a thing of the past, he has gone from ragdolling other high level wrestlers to struggling to grapple with kickboxers from lower weight classes. Prime Jones would mangle Adesanya and it would be brutal, but at this point I'm not so sure.

You mean he had to lower his extreme dose of supplements and now is left with mild supplements and eye pokes

<TheDonald>

So now we know who’s to blame for gsp never challenging Anderson

totally agree with Zahabi on this one. Adesanya should stay far away from Jones, and just focus on MW. Jones is a bad matchup for him I feel. it would look similar to Jones vs Vera

I could see Adesanya getting as good at tdd as Gus, and using his frame to give Jones fits, plus I give Adesanya the mental edge because Jones seems almost bored with his dominance. Let Jones get another defense in and Adesanya could tear him apart.
It’s not only the takedowns Isreal would have to worry about, it’s also getting beat up against the fence. Jones is just too good there. I know Jones’ last performance wasn’t the greatest and most dominant; but we’ve seen him look vulnerable before and come back his next fight and look incredibly dominant and he always seems to have a different game plan.

I think Israel is an awesome fighter to watch!

To be honest if he fought Jones right now and Jones wanted to implement and use his wrestling for take downs and clinch work , Israel would be in big trouble, eating big shots and elbows

Once he beats Costa, Romero, Connonier and beats Gastelum and Whittaker again. That should take him to late 2021 where he can than go up and fight Jon Jones. That's if Jones is not HW by than.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loverich
Back