Zahabi warns Adesanya:"Do not go up to fight Jon Jones. Ive been in the gym with him. He's too much"

Firas also said Wonderboy would seriously hurt Pettis because he was too big and too skilled. He even thought Wonderboy would probably end Pettis' career and that if he was Pettis' coach, he would never have allowed that fight to happen.

But look what happened.
So, you only listen to people who are never wrong? Once you're wrong, your opinion means nothing? I am not sure when this culture of pointing out a person's mistake in the past negates anything for them ever.

Actually I was pretty surprised the pay per views of Adesanya vs Whittaker mentioned in Sherdog were pretty poor. He's not setting the world alight. So far I don't see how he's going to become the very first $100million earner from MMA. Maybe if he was to beat Costa and then Jon Jones. I can't see him being bigger than Mcnuggets or khabib. But you never know. We'll have to wait and see.
Yeah, I agree. I don't really think 100 mil is possible in the current UFC climate with dana grabbing fistfuls of cash and squeezing it tight. And even if it was, Adesanya's an interesting guy and has that athletic nerd appeal, but he's not like McG and his old school pro wrestling heel persona. Isreal's gonna have to get a lot more top quality, devistating wins to build the hype that a better talker would.

No shit. Unfortunately this will also go in and out of the ears of many fans. Jon should be heading up to HW long before Israel heads up to LHW. If Israel does decide to take a shot at Jones while he's still basically a MW it would be impressive as hell though.

Last edited:
Yeah MMA is unpredictable. The majority of his analysis is fairly on-point when it comes to breaking down fights. I think it's safe to say the consensus among media and fans had Wonderboy favored in that fight. He was piecing Pettis up very thoroughly before getting cracked. I wouldn't favor Pettis in a rematch.
Exactly, Pettis won with a lucky punch.

Fuck it, let him try....

Is this the same motherfucker who talked gsp out of fighting silva...just this statement alone proves he is the one who snipped gsp nuts....
After the chael vs Silva 1 fight shows gsp probably wins that fight 9/10 times....

This guy needs to chill and let fighters be fighters...let them try or get there ass whipped trying..

Timestamped:

"Im going to give you an enfatic "no". Do not go up and fight Jon Jones. Be the MW champion. Become the greatest MW champion ever and then you can start to think about going up.
If he goes up against Jon Jones, i hate to say it, but its not going to be pretty. Im a big fan o adesanya and i dont mean any disrespect to their team but Jon Jones is way too big and will take him down at will and when he does it guys, its not going to be pretty.
Believe you me... Ive seen Jon in practice, ive seen him train, and like the guy or not, he's way too much for anybody.
I dont know why Jones doesnt go up and challenge Stipe honestly. Im not saying it like its going to be easy, but he is definitely in the mix to beat Stipe. Jon Jones can go up and very possibly win the HW title.
Adesanya will probably go down as one of the greats p4p ever, however Jon Jones is too much. Do not go up and fight Jon Jones!"

<BC1>

<JonesLaugh>

The time isn't right for Izzy. It would be good for Izzy to fight MW's and see how he does. If he can handle Cannonier and others he might be able to move up and challenge Jones in a year or two. He might be better off testing his wrestling defense in MW first. If he keeps it standing with Jones I think Izzy KO's him.

Win or lose I would have infinite hespect for Izzy for taking that challenge on. I love fighters that want to test themselves against the very best. Unlike gsp who is patiently waiting for benevidez to beat henry to challenge for that belt next.

Jon needs to stay at LHW and let the HW division a safe haven for out of shape unathletic bums and hasbeens

Firas also said Wonderboy would seriously hurt Pettis because he was too big and too skilled. He even thought Wonderboy would probably end Pettis' career and that if he was Pettis' coach, he would never have allowed that fight to happen.

But look what happened.
Man, it wasn't a fluke but it most likely wouldn't happen again if they rematch. We all know wb was dominating. Things happen in Mma but as far as predictions he isn't wrong.

So, you only listen to people who are never wrong? Once you're wrong, your opinion means nothing? I am not sure when this culture of pointing out a person's mistake in the past negates anything for them ever.

How did you get all of that from what I said? I was pointing out that no matter how convincing someone is in putting their opinion/prediction across, the outcome doesn't necessarily follow. If someone had listened to what Firas had to say about that fight, they would have thought Pettis didn't even have a snowballs chance in hell. Pettis however showed that wasn't the case.

Firas is talking about Adesanya's chances against Jones in pretty much the same way, but nothing is a given as highlighted by my example.

Someone should've told Santos to not move up from middleweight to challenge Jones, we all knew he was going to get smashed... o wait

<OKC16>
raw

Adensanya is great, but he's very hittable and hasn't fought a legit wrestler yet like a Weidman or Romero. Bones fight IQ is just too high and his wrestling would be too much for Izzy.

No one really knows how good Adesanya's TDD is. It's seemingly getting better every fight.

If he can bulk up in a healthy way, he just might outperform Santos.

Last edited:
Even GSP’s coach knows that Jones is the GOAT
Not once did he say that the PED cheat Jones is the GOAT.
Just like no educated and intelligent non-biased mma fan or pundit will say that jones is the goat , ped cheats cant be goats.
Is that the same dude who used the Nation of Islam as his argument as to why his religion is the only non racist one?

Yeah, I'll believe that guy
Lol sherdog gonna sherdog.
Bringing an completely irrelevant politics-related statement into an MMA-related thread..

How did you get all of that from what I said? I was pointing out that no matter how convincing someone is in putting their opinion/prediction across, the outcome doesn't necessarily follow. If someone had listened to what Firas had to say about that fight, they would have thought Pettis didn't even have a snowballs chance in hell. Pettis however showed that wasn't the case.

Firas is talking about Adesanya's chances against Jones in pretty much the same way, but nothing is a given as highlighted by my example.
But it is given that people's predictions are wrong sometime. Discrediting an opinion with showing they were wrong in the past is silly. Everyone is wrong sometime, that is not a legit way of disregarding someone and at some point, it became the most common way.

Now I do think you are taking the brunt of my frustrations about this. So my apologies and keep that in mind, but I do stand by my point.

We need to see adesanya defend takedowns, if any other now bangs with him clean k1, then dana white is 100% bribing fighters to not take the fight to the ground with him, so we have a world champion kickboxer with untested wrestling, and retarded mma fighters suddenly want to kickbox him ? No fucking way in hell.

Does Israel have some sort of secret weapon no one is aware of?
Dude resume screams striker to be sure, but that same resume is paper thin under: grappling, which is fine, except when you want to go up in weight and fight a champ like Jones.

Israel is capable of beating Jones, he's a very good striker who's super elusive so it could be interesting, then again, it reminds me of another Jones fight.

jonchokemac.gif

And keep in mind that was a 33 year old Machida who is an exponentially better grappler than Adesanya.

Back