Zahabi warns Adesanya:"Do not go up to fight Jon Jones. Ive been in the gym with him. He's too much"

I could see Adesanya getting as good at tdd as Gus, and using his frame to give Jones fits, plus I give Adesanya the mental edge because Jones seems almost bored with his dominance. Let Jones get another defense in and Adesanya could tear him apart.

Firas also said Wonderboy would seriously hurt Pettis because he was too big and too skilled. He even thought Wonderboy would probably end Pettis' career and that if he was Pettis' coach, he would never have allowed that fight to happen.

But look what happened.
Yeah MMA is unpredictable. The majority of his analysis is fairly on-point when it comes to breaking down fights. I think it's safe to say the consensus among media and fans had Wonderboy favored in that fight. He was piecing Pettis up very thoroughly before getting cracked. I wouldn't favor Pettis in a rematch.

Jones 3 years ago would destroy Izzy, we're talking about a Jones that arguably just lost to Thiago Santos though, he's declining.

This is my thought, his overwhelming physical dominance seems to be a thing of the past, he has gone from ragdolling other high level wrestlers to struggling to grapple with kickboxers from lower weight classes. Prime Jones would mangle Adesanya and it would be brutal, but at this point I'm not so sure.

Isn't this the guy who told Rogan that Conor had the "touch of death" in his left hand.

Firas is annoying and he thinks hes the grandmaster of all martial arts knowledge. Who else besides gsp has been great under him?

Now is a good time for Israel because he has tremendous momentum, and Jon seems to be in the dicking around stage of his career. He should have trounced a badly crippled Santos, but barely won. A healthy Adesanya is way better than a gimpy Santos.

He's absolutely right. Izzy is a special kind of talent and could be the next Anderson Silva but he'd be all kinds of stupid to try and challenge Bones Jones, arguably the GOAT at LHW.

It's just too soon for the Nigerian. He's got some monsters at MW waiting for him right now. Deal with them, then we can talk about Jon.

It would be insane for Isreal to move up this quickly. A superfight with him and jones wouldn't generate mcgregor money and could damage him pretty badly if we get five rounds of jones pressuring him against the cage and elbowing his face open on the ground. Give him a year or two to fight the contenders at MW, maybe fill out his frame some and spend as much time as he can to learn more wrestling.

But right now it doesn't make a lot of sense. Costa's the fight to make.

I don't even think the fight would last 5 rounds with Jones, it would be over in 2 rounds.

We've got a pretty strong MW Division, and Izzy still has a lot to prove with Costa, Cannonier, Romero, all waiting in the wings.

Jones could kill him if he grapples but he might stand and trade with Adesanya

The fight would be a lot bigger if he were to defend first like Firas said. Israels win last weekend put him on the map no doubt, but don't want to burn out super quick by being humanized as soon as you get a belt.

Isn't this the guy who told Rogan that Conor had the "touch of death" in his left hand.

Well to be fair Jose Aldo confirmed this after coming back to life.

It would be insane for Isreal to move up this quickly. A superfight with him and jones wouldn't generate mcgregor money and could damage him pretty badly if we get five rounds of jones pressuring him against the cage and elbowing his face open on the ground. Give him a year or two to fight the contenders at MW, maybe fill out his frame some and spend as much time as he can to learn more wrestling.

Would it ? Timing is right and would be major life changing money

What happens if he loses to costa ?

Jones is the greatest ever. Anyone who follows MMA and has an IQ above 80 knows this. I'm a huge Adesanya fan, but he'd get destroyed against Jones. Only person I can see beating Jones is Ngannou.

PED users can't be GOAT, take IQ again

Izzy is the new flavor of the mouth for the sherdog mouth breathers to spray over.

He’ll lose soon and he’ll be viewed as a can by the same mouth breathing idiots that post here.

This website is just loaded with morons

Would it ? Timing is right and would be major life changing money

What happens if he loses to costa ?

I think it could be a few million for sure. And in the scope of everything, that is certainly major cash that can change your life and the life of your children. But Izzy himself said that he (somehow) wants to make 100 mil in the UFC alone. You have to think of this from an old school pro wrestling point of view. You have your young up and comer that's got a shine on him and has the hardcore fans buzzing, but isn't super popular yet to the casuals. If you put him up against your main event guy (jones) and he loses this early on, it's gonna be awful for him in the long run as a money making draw. He doesn't have the mcgregor persona, so it's mostly his crazy anderson-esque fighting style that's getting him over with people.

And if you look at it instead from a point of fairness and actual good sporting practice, there's contenders in the MW division that don't want to just sit around kicking cans waiting for their shot at the belt. 155 and 170 are already clogged up from guys chasing the money and it's leading to the creation of weird vanity belts and the fights that people want to see aren't happening. Dancing around negotiation for these two guys could clog up two more.

And to be honest, I think Isreal can clean up the current crop of contenders and really swell his hype. Costa isn't unbeatable, romero's old and doesn't like to use his olympic caliber wrestling, and jared is probably an easier fight than either of those two right now.

Timestamped:

"Im going to give you an enfatic "no". Do not go up and fight Jon Jones. Be the MW champion. Become the greatest MW champion ever and then you can start to think about going up.
If he goes up against Jon Jones, i hate to say it, but its not going to be pretty. Im a big fan o adesanya and i dont mean any disrespect to their team but Jon Jones is way too big and will take him down at will and when he does it guys, its not going to be pretty.
Believe you me... Ive seen Jon in practice, ive seen him train, and like the guy or not, he's way too much for anybody.
I dont know why Jones doesnt go up and challenge Stipe honestly. Im not saying it like its going to be easy, but he is definitely in the mix to beat Stipe. Jon Jones can go up and very possibly win the HW title.
Adesanya will probably go down as one of the greats p4p ever, however Jon Jones is too much. Do not go up and fight Jon Jones!"

<BC1>

<JonesLaugh>

source.gif

Actually I was pretty surprised the pay per views of Adesanya vs Whittaker mentioned in Sherdog were pretty poor. He's not setting the world alight. So far I don't see how he's going to become the very first $100million earner from MMA. Maybe if he was to beat Costa and then Jon Jones. I can't see him being bigger than Mcnuggets or khabib. But you never know. We'll have to wait and see.

Back