Zahabi warns Adesanya:"Do not go up to fight Jon Jones. Ive been in the gym with him. He's too much"

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Timestamped:

"Im going to give you an enfatic "no". Do not go up and fight Jon Jones. Be the MW champion. Become the greatest MW champion ever and then you can start to think about going up.
If he goes up against Jon Jones, i hate to say it, but its not going to be pretty. Im a big fan o adesanya and i dont mean any disrespect to their team but Jon Jones is way too big and will take him down at will and when he does it guys, its not going to be pretty.
Believe you me... Ive seen Jon in practice, ive seen him train, and like the guy or not, he's way too much for anybody.
I dont know why Jones doesnt go up and challenge Stipe honestly. Im not saying it like its going to be easy, but he is definitely in the mix to beat Stipe. Jon Jones can go up and very possibly win the HW title.
Adesanya will probably go down as one of the greats p4p ever, however Jon Jones is too much. Do not go up and fight Jon Jones!"

<BC1>

<JonesLaugh>

It would be insane for Isreal to move up this quickly. A superfight with him and jones wouldn't generate mcgregor money and could damage him pretty badly if we get five rounds of jones pressuring him against the cage and elbowing his face open on the ground. Give him a year or two to fight the contenders at MW, maybe fill out his frame some and spend as much time as he can to learn more wrestling.

But right now it doesn't make a lot of sense. Costa's the fight to make.

Someone should've told Santos to not move up from middleweight to challenge Jones, we all knew he was going to get smashed... o wait

<OKC16>

Jon beats everyone. Even usada..

Excluding the return of Matt Hamill, I don’t see anyone in the ufc beating him..

Is that the same dude who used the Nation of Islam as his argument as to why his religion is the only non racist one?

Yeah, I'll believe that guy

He must have told Georges the same thing about Anderson

<BC1>

Even GSP’s coach knows that Jones is the GOAT

Jones is the greatest ever. Anyone who follows MMA and has an IQ above 80 knows this. I'm a huge Adesanya fan, but he'd get destroyed against Jones. Only person I can see beating Jones is Ngannou.

Everybody that has not his balls in Adesanya's mouth know this.

Last edited:
Firas also said Wonderboy would seriously hurt Pettis because he was too big and too skilled. He even thought Wonderboy would probably end Pettis' career and that if he was Pettis' coach, he would never have allowed that fight to happen.

But look what happened.

Honestly, only Israel can assess if he’s ready for Jones and even then he could be in for a rude awakening. Seems like he wants to build up his skills before he tackles LHW.

I want to see Izzy vs Costa, but I’m not gonna be dumbfounded if Izzy can make it competitive with Jones in the future.

The size difference is a thing, but Jon didn't try to take down the last pure striker he fought and historically he likes beating opponents at their own game. He might be too proud to wrestle Adesanya and he doesn't realize yet that his striking isn't very good anymore.

Jones 3 years ago would destroy Izzy, we're talking about a Jones that arguably just lost to Thiago Santos though, he's declining.

Someone should've told Santos to not move up from middleweight to challenge Jones, we all knew he was going to get smashed... o wait

<OKC16>
Totally different.
Santos has fought at 205 before and was a huge 185.
Israel is a slender 185.

That's the type of insight I tune into Sherdog for.

Adensaya says that only to become more popular.

He would never fight Jones/Stipe.

Back