Yushin Okami Yes, TUF Quarterfinalists No

The last 3 Rashad fights on your list were all shuffled around because of injuries

ok how about faber, if we use the objective measure that iron leg has brought to the argument his numbers are nuclear?

faber vs. aldo at 175,000
faber vs. cruz at 320,000
faber vs. barao at 230,000

The last 3 Rashad fights on your list were all shuffled around because of injuries

so as i've previously mentioned the ufc can do whatever it wants

can you just asnwer me this question:

when the ufc makes moves such as these in light of comments such as "mma in the olympics" and "ufc is gonna be bigger than soccer" are they to be completely ignored?

cutting someone that was #6 on your own ranking system because you deem them to not be exciting doesn't take away from the athletics of sport?

This part of your sentence makes no sense.

Rankings don't matter. Dana White has already acknowledged that.

The UFC isn't a sports league. It's a promotional company.

You guys need to learn to separate the two.

i'm not a hypocrite

i've already said the ufc can do whatever it wants, it's a private enterprise

but to willfully ignore the athletic integrity while the head of your organisation insists on saying things like:

"as real as it gets"

"ufc is bigger than soccer"

"mma in they olympics"

"ufc is bigger than the yankess and cowboys"

now that is being hypocritical

Acknowledging that you know they can do what they want, but then calling them hypocrites, is sort of contradictory, no?

Just like anything else, if the costs are estimated to be higher than the benefits on the whole, the fighter will be cut.

Even GSP would be cut if he demanded a high enough purse per fight.

i've already made one simple comparison in terms of cost

gleison tibau and yushin okami get paid in the same ball park, yushin has had a better ufc career than gleison

and dana said it wasn't a financial decision

This part of your sentence makes no sense.

Rankings don't matter. Dana White has already acknowledged that.

The UFC isn't a sports league. It's a promotional company.

You guys need to learn to separate the two.

Acknowledging that you know they can do what they want, but then calling them hypocrites, is sort of contradictory, no?

all sports are in the business of entertainment

they are all chasing after the same disposable income that consumers have

i acknowledge that they are capable of being hypocrites, do you agree?

Faber fills the novelty void of the little man. Okami fills what novelty void? The Japanese fighter who is unable to win a title? People can watch mismatches in PRIDE if that is their thing.

2005 > 2003

fact

can you just asnwer me this question:

when the ufc makes moves such as these in light of comments such as "mma in the olympics" and "ufc is gonna be bigger than soccer" are they to be completely ignored?

What do you lose by ignoring them?

It's not like you can't see Fitch, or Okami fight anymore. So what's the big deal?

I watched Fitch's last fight for free on TV.

so an unofficial source?

LOL, of course.

But you already knew that. You are playing a silly game where you are insinuating that because there are no numbers publicly released by the UFC, the numbers must be totally baseless. Numbers get leaked by inside sources to media sources like Dave Meltzer. They may not always be 100% accurate, but I believe they are fairly reliable.

If the numbers really were completely made up and way off base, the UFC would not put up with the media sources who all spread and quote these numbers.

So instead of pretending such numbers are meaningless and continuing down an intellectually dishonest path, 3 questions for you:

1. In the absence of "official" numbers, do you believe Okami's actual numbers were better than any of those other 8 PPV's involving Anderson Silva?

2. Do you actually believe Okami headlining a card is helpful in selling PPV's?

3. Why would a well-established and top 10 ranked fighter who has headlined UFC cards only have 600 followers on Twitter?

all sports are in the business of entertainment

they are all chasing after the same disposable income that consumers have

i acknowledge that they are capable of being hypocrites, do you agree?

Everyone is a hypocrite at some point.

Just because you can selectively point it out, doesn't really mean anything.

Everyone is a hypocrite at some point.

Just because you can selectively point it out, doesn't really mean anything.

does anything mean anything on sherdog?

to say that on a forum is weird

LOL, of course.

But you already knew that. You are playing a silly game where you are insinuating that because there are no numbers publicly released by the UFC, the numbers must be totally baseless. Numbers get leaked by inside sources to media sources like Dave Meltzer. They may not always be 100% accurate, but I believe they are fairly reliable.

If the numbers really were completely made up and way off base, the UFC would not put up with the media sources who all spread and quote these numbers.

So instead of pretending such numbers are meaningless and continuing down an intellectually dishonest path, 3 questions for you:

1. In the absence of "official" numbers, do you believe Okami's actual numbers were better than any of those other 8 PPV's involving Anderson Silva?

2. Do you actually believe Okami headlining a card is helpful in selling PPV's?

3. Why would a well-established and top 10 ranked fighter who has headlined UFC cards only have 600 followers on Twitter?

i wasn't asserting that he's driving increases in ppv numbers

you were actively and directly saying that he was destroying ppv numbers

does anything mean anything on sherdog?

to say that on a forum is weird

It's just weird that people go out of their way to assassinate the character of people that really don't matter to them.

It's just weird that people go out of their way to assassinate the character of people that really don't matter to them.

who's character am i assassinating?

These MWs and LHW rejects should all balloon up to HW and have a safe job. look at how many mediocre HWs there are and they get many more chances, because the division is thin. Okami could bulk up and get fat and be a bigger HW than that fat dude who does the backflip, from jackson's (who KOed Pat Barry recently). Any MW or LHW would have height and reach over Pat Barry. Probably much more grappling experience, as well.
Think about it. They keep Krylov, Nandor Guelmino, Morecraft; even Mittrione, Schaub. They had Kimbo for as long as they could.
HW is and will always be shallow. Reem even admitted that it was one of the reasons for him to go up.

Last edited:
Okami was cut because he was the same bland fighter he was when he entered the UFC 7 years a go. He loses to the top of the heap then fights some no name on an undercard wins that in boring ud fashion goes back up to lose in one or two fights rinse repeat.

Like it or not, the UFC is about creating NEW stars

Can't create NEW stars without bringing in NEW fighters

No its not. Its about finding the best fighters in the world.

Theres around 50 people in that division.

Theyre no good if they cant beat gatekeepers in the first place.

The UFC want fighters the fans care about.

So go hire justin beiber then. Its fighting, not a popularity contest.

Kimbo has more twitter followers than Fedor.

Stop calling yourselves fighting, period, if you are running a reality tv show with sylised tv show martial arts.

Back